Parents eavesdropping on their kids?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lodui, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

What do you think about it?

Theres this lady on CNN who talks about putting a key logger on her computer to keep track of her childrens IM conversations

I'm sure there are several situations where it can be justified, but for a large part, if you need to spy on everything your kids do, you're not doing you're job as a parent.

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

precisely

I think it's a terrible thing to do personally. I can see it as a last resort, but discussion/counselling should be an option far beforehand, imho

3. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I wouldn't say every incident is wrong, but I bet the vast majority of parent-eavesdropping incidents are.
    It may be something that just has to be done in extreme cases...but for the most part it is disrespectful and silly.

On the other hand, it helps weed out the stupid kids who would talk about 'sensitive' things in ways their parents could eavesdrop on in the first place.

4. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

When I think my parents are eavesdropping on me, or going through my stuff, I like to leave condoms filled with mayonnaise around my room. Like in my closet, in my drawers, under my bed, etc. Sure puts them in their place. Serves them right for being concerned...

5. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I respect my teenagers privacy and will not snoop or eavesdrop until....they fuck up really badly. With four teenagers only one warrented loss of privacy, and he was told I would be looking.

6. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Most people are perfect parents.....until they have kids. ;)

I would not spy unless I saw some red flags....

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

My mom used to look through my room, I was busted a few times when she found weed pipes etc.

She was very dramatic too, crying and everything, made me go to a drug counselor

8. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I will admit that when my teenager daughters start whispering during their phone conversations, the more I am straining to hear (eavesdrop) on their conversation. I dont go thru their stuff though, that would be invading their privacy. Like most people, if their were red flags or they really messed up, the snoop would be on.

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Hehehe, so very true!

I would do the same thing. I'd respect their privacy until I felt there was a reason (red flags) to be concerned.

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

As I sometimes say *my mommy senses are tingling* :D Which usually means that someone is up to no good....

11. hippychickmommy

Or when it's too quiet. If it's quiet around here, usually someone is up to something and it's never any good!

12. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well theres a difference between looking into something when you're worried about your kids, and this lady who key logged the computers as a matter of principle.

And she was urging every other parent to do the same thing.

I'm guessing she had to read a lot about N'Sync or whatever the hell teen girls are into now.

13. hippychickmommy

See, I wouldn't do that as principle. That's just too much. I mean, like I said, if there's a reason, that's one thing. But to do it just to do it, no.

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Who do teen girls like now?

Is it Jet Li?

should be.

15. hippychickmommy

I have no clue who teen girls like these days. I don't even know who Jet Li is!

16. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Jet Li is a hong kong action superstar.

He's also a wushu (kung fu) master, and has won more medals in Chinese national wushu championships then anyone.

[​IMG]

He's been in some incredible movies like Hero, and has been in movies starring opposite of Morgan Freeman such as Unleashed.

Heres him on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001472/

He's a great actor, an incredible martial artist, very humble and generous, and kind of a looker.

If you're into guys I mean. [​IMG]

17. hippychickmommy

Oh, okay! I do remember him from Unleashed. I just didn't reconize the name! I'm horrible with names.

18. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Well, that lady sounds like a control freak whose kids are going to move out as soon a humanly possible....

Besides, they will just save their juicy stuff for their friend's computers...and get to be better liars.

19. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

20. hippychickmommy

Wow! Thank goodness he was able to get to his daughter like that!