Parents don't understand

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by heero134, Aug 24, 2005.

1. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

My mum gets really pissed off when I go barefoot to stores, etc. with her. It embarrasses her, because people "stare". In actuality, they're staring at her, because she's screaming and bellowing at me.

2. Oric

Oric Member

That's odd... my parents think it's weird when I wear shoes around the house.

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

*giggles and blushes*

Thanks...you know you should call the guy I'm seeing and tell him that...then maybe he'll take the next step *crosses eyes* grrrrrrrr

4. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I know people like that who get angry and who sound like theyre for sure gonna kick their kids out of the house and the way they act its very beleiveable but they can never bring themselves to actually do it no matter how many times they blow their top and say theyre 100% sure theyre gonna throw their kids out. Unless theyve actually done it to you before I would for the most part take what they say as just a bunch of hot air and nonsense. I of course wouldnt want to push such people because they might actually get to the point where they actually would do this but overall I think its safe to assume most of the time that these people just say this to act tough so they can get their kids to basically do whatever they want them to. Its just a game to these people.

5. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Maybe she oughta not get so upset at you in stores for going barefoot then people would not stare at her and she would not get embarassed. I think they stare more because she makes an ass of herself in the store than they do for you going barefoot. If she gets embarassed, its her problem, not yours.

6. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Exactly, mang. That's what I told her. "The only reason they're staring is because you're tweeking out and yelling at me, and they're wondering why you're such a nutcase".

I usually don't go anywhere with my mum. I have been lately because I've been on her shitlist after I got caught sneaking around. I avoid my mother at all costs, and even more now that she's being a twat about me being barefoot.

7. heero134

heero134 Member

No, believe me. you have no idea what my stepdad is like.

8. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I realize that I dont have any idea what hes like per se but I do know of some other people who can act similar to what you described here to their kids and they threaten up and down, day and night that theyre gonna kick their kids out every time they get upset at them but it never happens no matter how much these people get pissed off and ive seen some real nutcases. It just boggles my mind how some of these people could actually be allowed to have kids seeing how they treat them the ways they do. One of my ex girlfriends had a father that threatened to do all sorts of horrible things to her in order to get her to act the way he wanted her to and get her to do the things he wanted her to do but luckily to the best of my knowledge he never did any of those things to her but he was just a real jerk and was part of the reason that I ended up not being her boyfriend anymore because he made me and her break up. Anyways I got a new girlfriend now and its worked out for the best.

9. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Sounds like it isnt that hard for you to get on her shitlist cuz she seems to get angry easily over silly things. Im just really sorry that shes like that to you and I hope that you can stay away from her as much as possible like you said and be able to go barefoot as much as possible because you should be able to be yourself and be comfortable without anybody being all anal about it.

10. NovaStarwind

NovaStarwind Member

I went to the mall barefoot with my dad the other day to get school supplies for college, and he told me to "do him a favor" and wear shoes when I'm with him, because it's embarrassing. I asked him why, and he couldn't give me a good reason, but blah. Parents just don't get it.
    ~Nova

11. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

He probably just got embarassed by the way other people were looking at you two. I wouldnt worry about it, just go barefoot anyways. Its not your problem that you being barefoot causes him to get embarassed. Its just something he needs to deal with. Why should you be uncomfortable just so he is comfortable? If people look at him he oughta get a backbone and tell em to mind their own business.

12. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

And he should be PROUD to have a daughter who's willing to be herself and not follow convention. Yeah its not for him to say anymore anyway, because you're old enough to make your own decisions. Stay barefoot, and tell your dad to deal with it. :H

13. NeedtheKeys

NeedtheKeys Member

Here is your solution - $1.00 FLIP FLOPS

14. heero134

heero134 Member

Yeah because that TOTALLY DOESN'T DEFEAT THE PURPOSE.

15. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Flip flops cant replace the experience of going completely barefoot and besides going barefoot is free. Might as well save the $1 for something else, especially since flip flops are so close to being barefoot anyways, might as well just go barefoot and have it be free.

16. NeedtheKeys

NeedtheKeys Member

Sorry about that last reply. Really. Didn't know going barefoot was so important. Now that I've checked out the site, I kind of get it. But, the flip-flops aren't a bad idea, if they keep harmony, when your parents are feeling negative about it. Think how happy they'll be. You can remove them as soon as you step into the great outdoors. Have a good one!