Parents don't understand

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by heero134, Aug 24, 2005.

1. heero134

heero134 Member

So far I've had good luck keeping my parents from interfering with my barefooting, but lately they've both started freaking out when I enter the house with even slightly bare feet. They freak because I might get their carpet dirty, oh noes! Because that'll NEVER wash out, and yet it's just dandy when they're in a hurry n walk all over the house in their SHOES. I wanna leave so bad now. But I'm going into the air force soon, and I don't know how barefooting will work there, unless maybe I work for intelligence or something. We'll see, I guess.

2. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

My mother used to raise a huge fuss over that... but over time, she just grew to accept it. I hear you... but no worries, change comes over time.

3. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

Well,you'll be leaving soon atleast...but,I have no idea how the Air Force will feel about barefeet but I just assume it may not be accepted. I guess you'll find out soon enough :)

4. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

You wouldn't have this crap if you were my son. What a nightmare. I'm sorry. My 16 yr old son has been barefoot with me all summer (he works outside with me) and he's been into most, but not all, of the places I go into barefoot.

Even MY parents, who were never into this stuff, never minded us kids being barefoot around the house; it was kind of expected. WTF here---!

5. heero134

heero134 Member

Yeah life was great when I was living with my dad (my parents divorced when I was very young). He didn't care about shoes. But when I was 12 he passed away and I had to live with tightwads (my mother and stepdad).

6. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

The Air Force isn't going to look very kindly on your barefooting I know that for certain. As far as your parents go, just tell them that IF your feet get the floor dirty, you'll offer to help clean it. :)

7. heero134

heero134 Member

Yeah I'm gonna have trouble there. I'll have to put up with it through basic training, but the job I want "Communications/ Computer Systems Operations Apprentice" might allow some leniency.

8. FlyingBurritoBro

FlyingBurritoBro Sing Me Back Home

Don't count on it.

9. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Yeah, Burrito is definitely right. Any branch of the military is strict and everyone must look exactly the same...uniform and all. You may as well say goodbye to barefooting now...

As far as my dad goes. He isn't surprised by anything I do anymore...my family pretty much has come to the conclusion that I've completely lost it. He rolls his eyes at anything I do...We don't have a fancy house, my family wears shoes in the house all the time. The guy I'm currently seeing (I guess) has a white couch and I feel bad going over there and putting my feet on his couch...It's like putting your shoes on the furniture...

If it wasn't white, I doubt I would care as much...but it is a respect thing.

10. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

my family didnt like it when i started to barefoot at all, but this year they just expected it my dad is alright with it now, but my mother still tells me that jesus wore shoes. she just needs more time i guess

11. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Just ask him if its okay to put your bare feet on his couch and if he says yes then just go ahead and do it. If he doesnt want his couch to get dirty then hed probably tell you he doesnt want you putting your feet on it, otherwise dont worry about it. Its his problem if his couch gets dirty and if he doesnt want that then hes the one thats gotta tell you what to do and not do on it.

12. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Most likely them wearing shoes would get the carpet more dirty than you going barefoot would and even if you did get the carpet dirty, so what? Theres stuff out there that'll clean just about anything off any carpet. Your username thingy up there says youre 18 so youre basically an adult *cuz you can legally do moist things adults can* so if you wanna go barefoot then just do it and I doubt theres much your parents can do about it. If they want you to be an adult and start making decisions for yourself then thats just one thing theyre gonna have to start to accept about you is that you go barefoot.

13. heero134

heero134 Member

The main problem is just around the house. They threaten to kick me out onc and a while. WHICH by the way was my main plan but then we talked and decided it might be best if I go to the air force. I've looked into it and this is seriously gonna suck ass. I know it would be a good decision and would help me out in life, but I just want to live a simple life. The thought of committing myself to the air force and giving up most all of my wonderful freedoms drives me nuts. ;_;

14. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

when you are off duty your life is YOUR life. if you want to go barefoot, you can. If you live in the dorms, you can walk around barefoot and shirtless if you want - you could wear a Tux if that's what floats your boat (of course they'd send the funny wagon after you..LOL), but life outside of work is just like the civilian world.

The only exceptions are the on base stores (exchange, commissary (grocery store), and the mini-marts) and of course work because you'll be in uniform .. depending on the work site, blues or BDU's. The other exception might be when you are in tech school .. at least for the first month or so because they are still playing mind games with you and ease up on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. If I remember correctly (it has been 13 years) the school is in Biloxi, Mississippi, right on the Gulf coast.

question
    What's the difference between the Boy Scouts and the Air Force ?

The Boy Scouts have adult supervision. LOL

15. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

If it's truly the carpet they're worried about, buy a package of wet-wipes to put on the porch and wipe your feet when you enter.
    Of course, if they just don't like your barefooting, they'll come up with another excuse. But it may help.

16. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Most of the time when parents threaten to kick their children out, its just them blowing hot air because many cannot actually bring themselves to do it, they talk tough but really its just a bunch of bs. As far as the air force goes, I think its good that you want to go into it but before you do you really must decide weither having the simple life is important to you or not because if you go into the air force then its going to be hard to have very much of that simple life anymore *except for the times youre off duty* and I just think thats something you need to think about before you make such a big change in your life. Me myself, I cant go into the military because of my eyesight but I probably wouldnt want to anyways because I enjoy the simple life and I just dont think its for me and I think theres other people who would be better at it who would actually benefit this country more than me. I just figure I can stay here and help the country in my own way.

17. NewAgeHippie2200

NewAgeHippie2200 Member

My parents, and friends make a big fuss about it.

18. heero134

heero134 Member

You do not know my parents. I'm 18 now and they can AND WILL kick me out if they think it's necessary. I have a very violent and easily angered stepdad so he wouldn't think twice. Trust me on this. As for the air force I am reconsidering. I could never picture myself there.

19. heero134

heero134 Member

I've started a new thread.

20. Lucard

Lucard Member

He should feel lucky he is seeing a girl who likes going barefoot.

Oh, BTW...the schoolgirl picks...very nice! Mmmmm...barefoot naughty schoolgirls with glasses.....