Parents are a bumber

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by w00dstock, May 27, 2004.

1. kier

kier I R Baboon

what does the h stand for?

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

No idea what the H is for. Holy perhaps?

I'm with Rubin on this one. And whoever said parents aren't your best friends, damn straight. Those are two very diffrent very seperate relationships.
    Parents are not in a consipiracy to ruin our lives. I'd be more disturbed if they didn't make a fuss. They just very concerned and want the best for you.

Just couldn't let this go:
    I'll go easy on you because you're still so very young. But running away is an utterly childish and stupid thing to do. It might sound fun or whatever, but where would you go? what would happen when the money runs out? Do you have any idea how totally crap living on the street is? (ask your local vagrant)
    Stay home, grow up and learn to type properly.

Hard to believe but parents aren't total retards. They will twig when they are deceived and God will they blow. You mean while will in their eyes have your mental age slashed five years and not trusted for ages. Trust me, it's really not worth.

As for the grammar debate. English is considerably easier to understand with the correct grammar in place. Rejecting it does not make you look big, clever, and oh so rebelious. In fact it is really rather counter productive.

TTFN

Sage

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

The same girl that said Jesus H. Christ is the one that said parents aren't your best friends, and that girl is me.

I don't mind at all borut :)

And I have no idea what H. stands for... it is just an expression I like to use... :p

4. dotadave

dotadave Member

That's because you are not looking in the right places. For one thing, this is hip forums. My english is fine and my room smells like Bob Marley's ass.

5. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Well, if you know how to spell, then you should learn how to type. I don't proof-read my posts either and I don't have a problem.

And not every young person is lazy.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It's interesting, I was far less lazy when I was 13 than I am now. I'm going downhill, maybe you will go uphill.

7. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

The childish comment was not direct at you personally. It was specifically in reference to the act of running away. Sorry to have caused offence, it was totally unintentional.

Good know you've good sense. I used to plan to run away too (aged about seven) actually for a youngin you're quite wise really.

It didn't make me happy, there is no satisfaction in insults. Not that I insulted you in the first place, and have never thought those things about you.
    Can't speak for the other eight, that's their issue.

Fair enough about proof reading. I do myself after having been caught out with crap spelling and generally shooting my mouth off.

Of course not all young people are lazy and vice versa.

TTFN

Sage

8. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

Herbert. Jesus Herbert Christ. Little-known fact...

9. WhatIs

WhatIs Member

Hey, w00dstock,

Forget about changing your parent's minds. It ain't gonna happen. Be happy that they care about you. Given that they think weed is bad, they are trying to help you by getting you to stop.

Respect them. Try very hard to show that respect. Soon you will be on your own, and can toke till the cows come home. But for now, be discreet. Don't throw it in your folk's faces or argue with them.

FYI, I've got two kids, one 16 and one is 18. They bust MY chops because I smoke. Neither of them do. It's a funny world. Anyway, since I'm a parent with kids your age, just trust me here, you are better off not fighting them for now.

I started toking when I was in sixth grade, and told my folks. They didn't approve. I kept it out of the house until I was arrested when I was in college. It was a felony under NY's Rockefeller drug laws, and I faced up to 7 years in prison. I paid a lot of money to the right lawyer and got off. After that , my parents figured it was better to let me smoke in my room than to get arrested again.

Peace.

10. w00dstock

w00dstock Member

thanks alot for all of your help, for those who said i couldnt do it, you were wrong. You see...we all have somthing called free will, thats the great thing about being blessed in such a great country. Im gonna keep tokin and theres nothing anybody can do about it (except the police [​IMG] ). My parents now realize that its my decision, and im not a crazzy kid who will get high and rob a gas station or go out and do somthin stupid, so they have to live with it. Basicly its all about honesty, i told them I was not gonna stop no matter what. So would they rather have me do it behing their backs? or Be open about it...

p.s About all this spelling argument, its bs who gives a fuck! alot of people have a problem with speeking? do you point that out to them to??? Its all about getting your point accross peace

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Congratulations on being able to be a pothead at such a young age. Way to go. And way to go on not respecting your parents. You are probably sending them to an early grave, I hope you are happy about that.

12. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Hmm, my dad's a really big pothead, but he thinks it's for "adults only", I think he just says that so we don't do it though. :p But um, I don't think I would have started in eighth grade, lol... I think you all are being a bit harsh, but, s/he should at least tell his/her parents s/he'll stop, and be careful, or just stop... yeah I think I had a point when I clicked the reply button.:D