Parents are a bumber

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by w00dstock, May 27, 2004.

1. w00dstock

w00dstock Member

Ok heres the deal...ive been tokin since i was in grade 8, now im in 11. My parents are crackin down on me, so they are tryin to get me to stop smokin weed. I told them how i feel and why im not gonna stop, then they always bring up these issues that are so hard to debate with (like legal, how it puts strees on them, immaturity ect) We have a pretty good relationship, but i still want them to support my views a little bit. That being said im sure they would want me to respect theirs. Please share with me your thoughts about the advantages/ reasons why i should still be aloud to smoke weed. Im thinking that if i let them know before hand that im going to light up them they should respect my honesty and let it be. Thanks alot for your time and any input would be greatly appreacated.... peace

2. Orsino

Orsino Member

Hmm... I find a lot of weed users are not capable of using proper English grammar or spelling.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Isn't there a chance that your parents might be right?

If i had a son smoking weed in 8th grade...then i'd truly reflect on some of the decisions I made as a parent.

If you were my son, i wouldn't give you any money, and would continously ground you until you give up that idiotic addiction.

Weed is a recreational drug, nothing more, it is not to be used daily, or weekly.

But ya know...if you really want to get your parents off your back.... kill them in their sleep!

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Jesus H. Christ.... they are your parents not your best friends!

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Punish them for not agreeing with you. Do more more dangerous drugs.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah, there is some really friggin' good advice right there....

7. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

Yes. Give it up, seriously. It seems like you guys have a great relationship [and compared to a lot of parents, they seem to be handling this VERY well], and I would not want to ruin that. They're only asking you to quit because they care about you, so maybe you should really give it some thought.

8. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

I told my mom i toke...and i hurt her reall bad...since then i havent toke...and it didnt took long for me to live without weed...just do what you feel is right...

9. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

Although I believe that marijuana is one of the more benevolent drugs, I think you should respect your parent's wishes and lay off on the pot for now. Take a break, when you're out on your own if you choose to continue to smoke, that's your decision. I've never smoked though, I kind of feel that I'm too young, so maybe I would have a different opinion if I had. I doubt that this thread will sway your decision that much, it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

10. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i smoke with my parents ;)

11. NaturalMysticYum

NaturalMysticYum Member

hahah i agreee with peace! my friends parents made her quit so then when she got caught for being really shit faced and they asked why she started drinking she told them it was because they wouldnt let her smoke pot anymore.. ahhaha i love that story. go do some coke...

only kidding:p

peace

12. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

by the time i got my folks to finnally accept it, i had pretty much quit. im hopin to start again soon.

13. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

It seems like you have really good parents, which you should be greatful for, and it seems like you are pretty brave to state your wishes for something like that, I never even admitted to doing anything, even though my dad caught me red-handed, and after that I just stopped until I moved out.

You should respect their wishes it is their house, they are still responsible for you, and you are quite lucky you haven't been punished like most my friends and I were for even appearing to have done something 'wrong'.

14. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

quit it with the fucking grammar. its probably because the pot smokers realize it doesnt fucking matter if you spell something right, as long as the meaning gets across.

oh and dude, smoke herb but just dont tell em about it. chances are they arent gonna open their minds to pot as this stage in their life.

15. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yes, why should grammar matter? We should all just be illiterate morons just so long as we say we believe in peace and love. Why bother learning anything at all?

16. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

My parents don't even allow me to smoke bud; they always talk about how its illegal yet they don't allow me to smoke in my house where I'm out of the public's eye and have no risk of getting caught. I still smoke though, and can do so in my own home if I really want to, but they flush anything I have if they catch me; so it's kinda annoying.

17. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

be thankful that your parents are concerned. My mom would laugh at me when I'd come stumbling in fucked up. Though it may seem cool to get away with things it actully diswayed me from having an intrest in drugs. Respect the 'rents. Try cooling down for a little while. Be happy, nothing to worry about! They love you, thats all. Show them you love them too. You might find a side of yourself off drugs that you never knew before. Use the extra time for a new hobby. :p

18. kier

kier I R Baboon

nothing about weed smokin' or anything but....

Woah!!!!

OK, grammer can be important, what you write needs to be readable...but picking up on some mistakes, and blaming the guy ain't going to solve any problems. nor is starting some conflict about it. you can read the stuff fine, it doesn't matter that much if the layout goes a bit awol

19. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

hahahahaha, oh dear.

yeah what sir rubin said....

20. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I put my signature under that, if you don't mind.