Paranoia and Legality- a connection?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Mad Nok, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

I'll admit that I do get paranoid sometimes when I smoke, especially if its not in the comfort of my own home. But im wondering if there is a connection between the occasional paranoia and legality of the drug at hand- if it was legal, would you get paranoid at all? I know for one that I most certainty would not.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

third option?...........I don't get paranoid...

3. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

I've never, ever been paranoid on weed. Apparently Indica strains are better for reducing these feelings though.

I don't smoke it THAT often or heavily though, at all.

Legality will probably ease paranoia at least a little though, especially in certain groups :)

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It is legal for me and it does reduce the stress. For example I can light up at a concert and not worry about security throwing me out.

5. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Yeah to be honest I can imagine that being pretty cool!

Haha, jealous now! :)

Oh erm.. where do you live?

6. unfocusedanakin

Colorado. We had medical weed for years before full legalization and allot of places you could smoke. But now it is official.

7. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

wow that's totally cool!

SO jealous!

8. unfocusedanakin

They sometimes have free "dabs" of butane hash at the bars and concert venues around here. You just tip the bud tender. It really is like beer or something, you see it every day and it is normal. There is a part of my town called Little Amsterdam because there are so many weed shops. On some corners there are 2 or 3 right by one another or across the street.

9. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Yeah that's really cool. The more places that do it, the more will follow suit I think :)

10. unfocusedanakin

11. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I definitely had some paranoia when I first started.

And well it is legal now and I'm not. But I don't if it makes a difference..
    I guess it's calming to know when you're really stoned that those noises you're hearing can't and won't be able to do anything lol

12. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Bud tender.. I dream of that day.

And umm, "paranoia" is mostly down to the individual. Can't remember the exact details, but some cannabinoids trigger a part of the brain responsible for alerting us of potential dangers.. so, you're more likely to focus your attention on something out of the corner of your eye, or anything random and not actually dangerous at all.
    After that, you can buy into it and make up your own story to back it up, so weed being legal would only change the fact that you wouldn't blame those little "freak outs" on the cops coming after you..

13. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I can light up at any decent sized concerts here without much worry. At worst, if you're too obvious, they'll just tell you to put it out. I guess there is still a slight risk, but I've never had a problem with it.

14. Cappraid

Cappraid Guest

Sorry but I don't think so, because Paranoia is one of the most unpleasant side effects of weed.

15. Warp

Warp Guest

Yeah for sure..

16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I don't get paranoid...I can walk down the street puffin loud and no one cares.