Pandora

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by deviate, Aug 23, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

It's definitely worth it to pay the $30 or whatever it is to get pandora one. There are no ads, and it pauses less. I think the sound quality is higher too.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I pretty much just listen to full-length albums, so I am not much of a radio person.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

The ads are already a tad bit annoying (nothing I can't deal with... but no way to skip them as you usually can on youtube?)....
    neways, I doubt I'll pay for it though. I try to avoid paying for things.

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I do that too, but pandora has some legitimate uses that I can't get enough of. Main ones are work and parties/get togethers. Plus I am so busy these days, I don't have time to discover music on my own like I used to.

I have a hard time considering it 'radio', I can't even listen to am/fm radio. It makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

If you start using it a lot, it's worth way more than $30. Do I need to pay it for you? :2thumbsup:

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hehe...
    Well, around Christmas time, if I'm still using it a lot and cannot afford the $30, I'll hint hint you into a xmas pressie. ;)

:sunny:

(oh, does the $30 last for how long? forever? a year? a month? ????)

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I got into Pandora several Years ago. Grooveshark came along and I much prefer that over Pandora on the computer but the Mobile App for Grooveshark is absolute garbage, constantly buffering or not even starting.

So *MAMA* recommended I get the mobile Pandora App and I must say I am really enjoying Pandora again!

8. Norcal

Norcal Member

Been using Pandora everyday for the last 3 years, not all day but Ill be streaming it 6-7 hours at least. Great way to discover new music. Gorillaz is a good station with a wide variety.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I kind of dont understand this, i have pretty much every album i've ever listened too nowadays on backup. Why bother relying on an internet connection, if its there on your phone anyway

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not the biggest Pandora fan. I get bored with music really easily so I'm always looking for new music - after a couple of months of listening to Pandora I realized they weren't really recommending anything I had never heard before so I stopped listening.

I listen to slacker radio through the x box at home - they generally play a wider variety and play more obscure stuff. If you put in one band it will bring up a whole list of other bands you can pick to rotate into the station too so its more customizable. I listen to spotify through Bluetooth in my car from my phone, although spotify plays basically the same stuff Pandora does. I just happen to have spotify on my phone and not Pandora.