PAIN! (owwww my tummy)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by serra, May 18, 2004.

1. serra

serra tentacle girl

okay, so i have a question. sometimes i get these crazy gas pains in my stomach, and i am just wondering what i can use to make them go away!

i read all the diet stuff, and things. i can't figure out what's causing it, or anything. it's so random! i can't put my finger on any specific foods that might be causing it. today i ate a tofu hotdog and a chocolate chip muffin! that's all (and it's 10pm) and i am in crazy pain.

but my real question is, what sort of medicine can i use to make myself better? would something like altkaseltzer or something like that work? i heard charcole tablets can help break up bubbles, and that feels like what needs to happen down there. is that the same thing as altka-seltzer??

it's not really serious, all the time. i have a doctors appointment for early june, and im going to ask then. but in the meantime.... any suggestions?

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Phazyme (simethicone.) is a good medicine for breaking up gas. Often when you have reflux (gastric juices entering your esophagus backward and burning it) you will have referred pain and gas all over your GI system. Phazyme isn't absorbed by your body at all, it only works on the surface tension of bubbles in your GI system, so it is really safe. They give it to newborn babies.

I find some Pepcid really helpful, it is a thousand times better than something like Tums or Charcol.

Please see your doctor, too, as it may be an ulcer or serious reflux and need to be treated before you wear out your esophagus.

3. serra

serra tentacle girl

thanks!

i got some little candies that i can chew and they make me feel better. i think i should just never, ever, eat again. only food is too yummy...

4. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Peppermint tea could help:D

5. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

After I had an appendectomy (sp) I had horrible gas pains. And with the surgery, the pain was a gazillion times worse. I ate a ton of gas-x. It helped a lot.

6. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Are you sure it is gas, and not hunger pangs? I mean from what you said you ate, you might still be hungry.

My boyfriend has bad gas problems and he blames it on all of my veggie healthy foods. BAH! It is just because he is used to eating rotten big macs and fries so when I feed him veggies, his stomach is like "wtf"!

If I were you, I would examine my diet before I just go the quick fix with tums or gax x or anything, because they are only supposed to be used short term, not all of the time. And like maggie said, you might ask your doc.

7. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

Try some green tea after meals. It aids in digestion.