Paedophilia and Paedophiles:posts from the kinky forum

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Applespark, Aug 25, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i'm saying 14 is not a child. do you have any idea what i looked like at 14? any man attracted to that is not unnatural. and i was prone to lying about my age. even looking back at my pictures, there was a poise about me that got me very far. so far as any 40 year old knew, i WAS twenty. and you can think whatever you like about a 40 year old who wants to have sex with a 20 year old, there's nothing unatural about it. putting a law on it doesn't make it any less a parent's responsibility to teach their kids the right thing, and the only way they'll do that is to accept the fact that once their girls start bleeding, things are happening in their girl's heads. education can save a lotta girls a lotta grief.

2. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Ok, soaring, NOW we are getting somewhere. The only part that I find questionable is that, although it is reasonable to think Leonard MAY BE this or that, we cannot say for sure without evidence.

Your idea of the test, a few posts back, was a good idea.

I think intellectual curiousity can be mixed with certain viewpoints, as long as it has a scientific basis, to come to a reasonable conclusion.

But, finding farts and pissing sexy or scientifically proving breasts growing or masturbation techniques do not = child molestor.

If this was the case, Sigmund Freud, could be accused and with the puritanical view all the rage today, he would be.

3. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Sweet goddamn.

You make an interesting point Libertine, which I cede to you.

Legally, in Canada, there IS no definition of child, except for purposes of neglect and abuse which is 16.

http://www.stjohns.ca/Policies.nsf/wAllIndex/8209001C1A24F4DBA3256A0A0052E78D?OpenDocument

For purposes of spanking (defence against assault charges) they don't define it they just say "child".

I personally believe that until you are of the Age of Majority (e.g. right to drink, vote etc. which is EIGHTEEN) you are a child. So by MY definition yeah they abet child molestors.

How interesting that they consider you a child in terms of murder charges as 18, a child in terms of voting until 18, but apparently at 14 you're mature enough to shack up with an older man. Astounding.

4. Libertine

Thanks for the sources, Goth. Now, that makes some interesting debate material! ;)

5. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

For what it's worth Libertine Freud WAS treated as a bit of an odd fish in his day.

6. Libertine

I didn't say ODD. I'm odd. I said accused of being child predator.

7. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

No, Freud never claimed to be interested in this.....

I'm still looking into it.

8. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Libertine, do you never make decisions based on emotional reactions? Saying that an emotional response is an invalid point, that you dismiss someone's perspective or argument out of hand because it's emotionally based is rather high handed of you, dont' you think? We have emotional reactions for a reason. I'm repulsed by Leonard for a reason - he creeps the fuck out of me, I do think he has issues and I never want him to be around children. I don't even read his threads anymore because they're too creepy for me to deal with.

saying that someone's experience with an older person that turned out badly is an exception to that sort of situation pisses me off. I've heard of far more cases where it turned out badly than it turned out well. Hell, I was in a relationship when I was 15 with someone who was 31, we didn't even have sex and I realize now it was a BAD relationship, manipulative and full of lies. I'm glad that there are people like KC who can have a good experience at that age, but there are far more cases of it causing damage and problems later on in life. Which one is the exception then?

why aren't people arguing about statistics? Because statistics/facts can say whatever you want them too. Hell, anybody who's taken high school math should know that, you can twist those numbers around to say whatever you want, in graphs especially. Most of us are having a far more emotional reaction than one where we go "hmm, I don't think that htat statistic is particularly accurate, let me go do hours of research to validate my point that this person creeps me out on an emotional level". c'mon, we're only human, we ALL have emotional reactions, particularly when it hits close to home for those of us who have been in bad relationships with an older person. Admittedly mine wasn't nearly as bad as Damaged_Goods, but it still makes me queasy

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

actually, i wasn't arguing about teenager/adult relationships. i was arguing peer sex. though i would say a 5 year difference is definitely acceptable, considering the rates at which males and females mature emotionally.