Oxy Tolerance

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by trueblue, Feb 7, 2009.

1. trueblue

trueblue Guest

Hey everybody,

It's pretty obvious that I'm new here, but I think I will fit in nicely.
    I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. I'm up to about 80mg of Oxycodone for a desired result, which is basically just a good euphoria. I was wondering how long I would have to stop doing the oxys for my tolerance to fall. I bartend on the weekends, and I can go through quite a few in a closing shift, and it's getting pretty expensive. Please, and Thank you.

trueblue

2. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

80 migs; up the nose?
    down the throught?
    I'm assuming it's Oxycontin?

how long ya been doin'?

3. trueblue

trueblue Guest

I'll usually eat two blues, and snort a half to get going like I want to. I guess I've been using about 6 mo. maybe a a couple mo. more. Not sure.

Roxis, and blue oxycodones

4. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

it depends on how often you use. Daily? every other day? once a week? once a month..?? etc..

and you gotta stop for a hella lotta time for tolerance to go down a measly 20mg. for example, and this is all hypothetical of course, results will vary from person to person. but if you do oxy once a week, and u do 80 mg, you're gonna have to quit for a month probably two to feel the same taking 20mg less, 60mg. LET ME TELL YOU, OPIATE TOLERANCE SUCKS BIG DICK. Tolerance is a root of all abuse pretty much.

5. trueblue

trueblue Guest

Hell I guess here lately I've been doing it quite a bit. I went 8 days w/o about 2 weeks ago, and guess I haven't been going longer than 3 days w/o for a while.
    They are some bad MoFos. I'm trying to keep only during W/Es while tending, but it's no easy.

6. trueblue

trueblue Guest

Damn, So. FL in the house. Lots of opiates around here I guess.

7. trueblue

trueblue Guest

Are there any other kind of painkillers I can use for my bartending. I forgot to add that the experience of bartending is usually ruined by my legs hurting like fuck, which is why i started taking the roxis to begin with.

8. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

Yeah, "they" call it Paradise for a variety of reasons.

Opiophiles coming and going...

9. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

dude, if it's a pain situation...take otc...don't try to bullshit the members of this forum...m'kay?

10. trueblue

trueblue Guest

I don't know what otc means, but, I am in no way saying that I have any phsyical problems. My use is for pleasure, it just so happens to knock out the aches, and pains of running around for 10 hrs in the wee hrs of the night after working 8 hrs at my day job. Which in turn improves the overall experience of the job. sorry for any confusion.

11. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

OTC = Over The Counter

12. OXYmoron

OXYmoron Member

Tolerance is a real bitch, you can try laying off the opies fo a couple of weeks and see how that works. But in my experiences this only creates an incomplete reversal of tolerance. Also, your tolerance may increase to where it was before you took a break VERY quickly, much more quickly than it took you to get there in the first place. And to be quite honest, if you have been using long enough, no amount of time will completely reverse tolerance, your body just remembers that shit. One thing that I can cautiously suggest is switching to a different agent that has an incomplete cross-tolerance, such as Dilly, and maybe rotating between the two to keep tolerance in check. But I dont even think that this approach will last forever. Tolerance always wins...and also leads to addiction, so be careful.

13. OxyGod

OxyGod Member

I definitely second that after using hard enough for long enough, you definitely build up just an overall, eternal body tolerance to them. AND THAT is the biggest bitch in the entire world. Try taking anywhere from 30-180mg Oxycodone a day for like seven months, then had to quit cold turkey, lost all connections, no access to a rehab center, almost died, but I've got a strong mind, so I managed as well as someone in that situation can... but then a month or so ago, after 8 months or so off of it, let's say I got about 40 mgs worth of oxy in percocet, after just having hydros for the last four months, took it, expecting, DREAMING of, having that rush back... and barely felt anything at all. Though I do know that the tolerance seems to react the same way with hydrocodone, one would still expected it to be better than it was. but seeing as how the streets here are entirely dry of oxy, it's probably for the best. I'm about to try a two week break from the hydro habit, see how that does for tolerance... I'll report back myself then, see how that goes.