Oxfam scandal

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Feb 11, 2018.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Tons of people see prostitutes. That's why prostitution exists. There are things that would bother me much more.

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I would rather they use people's hard earned money gifts for what it's intended..

Who knows, they could have payed for their own prostitutes ;)

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So What Your Are Telling Me Is........My Donations Are Going To "Prostitutes"......???

Note To Self......Relocate My Donation To A Worthwile Charity......Not A "Bonkfest".....:rage:

Cheers Glen.

GeorgeJetStoned and morrow like this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

1) it was paid for with organisation money
    2) it were supposedly orgies with a group of Oxfam employees, not individual visits
    3) of which the prostitutes consisted of the local women and earthquake victims who are so poor it may have influenced their decision to partake in these orgies with the people who were there to help them
    4) rumor has some of them were underage.

morrow likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Can't blame you, but the people involved have been removed from the organisation and the other people at Oxfam are at least as pissed off as you, and of course very sad and scared for this unfortunate consequence, which will impact other missions. They do good and important work

Mallyboppa, morrow and GLENGLEN like this.
  7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Didn't see that one. In that case shoot'em.

morrow likes this.
  8. Asmodean

It's ok to take advantage of one's position when the victims are not underage?

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Not what I said. But where there's demand there will be market. So if it hadn't been the Oxfam people it would have been someone else.

I know it's cynical but that's how the world works. I have worked in a couple of "third world" countries and I can tell you life is real cheap in some places.

10. Asmodean

It should not have been the Oxfam people in the first place. At least not in orgy form at the expense of this super important organisation which image is now fucked because of these couple of pathetic idiots who probably also condoned their actions with the argument 'ah well, if we don't do it...'
    But there's really no excuse or good reason for what they did. This organisation and thus other people drowning in poverty will suffer extra from it.

morrow likes this.
  11. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. For all the aid and relief work done throughout the world, all the money donated and spent, a lot of people should be much better off than they are. If their own governments don't step up and make shit happen those countries will remain exactly where they are. It is because those same governments don't give a shit about their own people that international aid efforts are hampered and the money squandered.

Just to make it clear: I'm not excusing or condoning what they did. I'm just seeing this from a different angle.

12. Asmodean

If I came across one of them I would make them impotent through physical violence. There's a difference between making use of prostitution and taking advantage of the poorest. I'm not against orgies either btw :p, but I hope these turds have to watch their back for years.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Isn't that where one of the aid workers admits to hooking up with a prostitute in 2011 or something? It's hard to imagine them only now getting around to doing something about it.

14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

If I read the article right Oxfam did something about it. They fired those guys, only they did it on the quiet. Only now has the whole thing become public.

soulcompromise likes this.