Over the counter drugs that cause hallucinations.

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Happy Tree Elf, Aug 4, 2007.

1. HT2a-portal

HT2a-portal Member

I've had full out-of-body experiences and complete ego-loss on 775mg of DXM, though at the time I was also taking zoloft and drinking daily.

2. twiztidmadrox

twiztidmadrox Member

morphine and ambien makes a crazy combo, not otc though

3. Snyfin

Snyfin surfing the astral plane

dph > dxm

4. miko_mikasa

miko_mikasa Member

Don't take a whole box of c's if it's your first time. you should start out with like 6 or 8 and work your way up. I was addicted to c's and I wasn't even doing whole boxes. C's DO have other stuff in them and they aren't good for you. I'll stop lecturing now ^_^ but I still wouldn't say take a whole box.

5. stratface

stratface Member

does anyone know if you can get high on nyquil, and how much to take? i've heard you can, but i'm not sure.

6. trippymctripperson

trippymctripperson Member

^
    Yes you can, but, DON'T DO IT!
    Nyquil has other chemicals in it that are bad for you at high doses specifically acetaminophen, and doxylamine succinate.
    You should probably just stick to cough medicines that have dxm as the only active ingredient.
    I personally prefer to extract it from the cough syrups because the taste is way too horrid for me to choke down, and pill containing dxm only are too expensive.

7. stratface

stratface Member

i usually just steal them from a local pharmacy.

8. trippymctripperson

yeah that works too...
    but im paranoid as hell about stealing...people is watching me. :uhoh2:

9. SummerMoon

SummerMoon Member

10. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

DXM is pretty solid as long as you're not too much of an idiot to do half an hour of research beforehand. If you can't be bothered to learn about possible chemical interactions and dosage levels, enjoy your nightmare.

But it's not wise to use it too often, and odds are you'll feel a little shitty at some point during the trip - probably in your stomach before any actual positive effects sink in. Also it tends to leave you in a chemical haze the day after.

Diphenhydramine is pretty powerful - even at low doses(50-100mg) it can have a pretty signifigant effect, and at the multi-hundred mg level it can be extremely potent for a cheap, legal OTC. It's also pretty good at putting you to sleep - which you can only counteract so far, unfortunately.
    Still, I recommend it over DXM as DXM tends to be short lived and leaves an overall nasty feeling before and after whereas Diphenhydramine rarely leaves any side effect(at least for me) and has more lasting power.

11. trippymctripperson

diphenhydramine, makes me groggy as all hell the next day.
    ive heard tho never tried it that mixing both dxm and dph can lead to an awesome experience, but i would research that some before giving it a shot.

12. young_hippy_4:20

young_hippy_4:20 Member

cough syrup

13. cotton_mouth

cotton_mouth Member

just took 12 tabs of Benadryl, I'll report back later

14. Snyfin

Snyfin surfing the astral plane

at 400mg (16 pills) i saw translucent stick figures dancing and battling in my basement

edit: of benadryl (dph)

15. miko_mikasa

miko_mikasa Member

I just recently tried the benadryl, 12 tabs at 25 mg's each and allit did was make me sick, increase my heartbeat, and send me to sleep. Have done DXM before though. Loved it! Just PLEASE be carefull and read about what you're going to do first. KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN!!! I cannot stress this enough. You don't want to be looking for a trip and find one to the next world.

16. Totay18

Totay18 Guest

Unisom is a really good one to hallucinate off of

17. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

go for a jog

18. BillyX

BillyX Member

DXM & Diph are about the only 2 OTC drugs i can think of that would cause halluicinations. Your other choices for legal highs would be Nitrous oxide, HB Woodrose/Morning Glory seeds, Salvia (depening on where you live) & San Pedro cactus.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

20. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

apparently if you down a bottle (10) dramamine (motion sickness drug) you can hallucinate your balls off. i tried it, but i just saw a tiny little tornado. thought i hallucinated about killing a hornet, but when i saw it in the morning, i knew it was real. buddy of mine said that it made him trip harder than he's ever tripped before, so i dunno.

be sure to check erowid or something on the specifics though. don't wanna take too much.