out of curiosity

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Megara, May 27, 2004.

1. Megara

Megara Banned

what does a normal daily menu look like for the vegetarians here?

2. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

breakfast - ricies, banana and rice or soy milk.

lunch - sandwich (probably lettuce, hummus, lemon juice and veg cheese) and salad

snack - usually an apple or celery

dinner - If i'm cooking then something nice and balanced with protiens and iron whatnot - maybe a tofu stifry, a spicy chickpea dish or something. If my flatmates cook, then what they eat minus the meat or with a meat alternative - like last night they had mince tacos, I had bean ones. I try not to eat too many (if any) starchy carbs after 5pm, but in a flat where you have to please 5 carbo lovers eah night, it's hard.

and yeah...that's usually it - unless we have been shopping and have nice sweet-stomach food. :)

3. Megara

Megara Banned

thanks frozen :)...i thought i had pissed off everyone in this forum *grins*

4. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol, meh. NZ forum loyalties i spose. And replying to stuff is GREAT essay procrastination.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

no more essays for me until i go down to NZ! woohoo..just a ton of rote memorization

whats the essay on?

6. joe

joe Banned

Vegans feast upon the souls of all omnivorous humans, devouring them and digesting their essence into their firey bellies where all hell exists, they will sweep the land clean of the immoral scum devouring them for there gluttonus acts. They are the Golems and the bats that haunt the dark alleways...beware!

7. Megara

Megara Banned

so hell exists becase of vegans? interesting..and another ethical question arises *Grins wide*

8. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

Correction: hell exists because of EVIL vegans... do you remember Astrocat? She used to be on these forums before, and she's a plain evil, baby-on-a-stick vegan, so yeah, hell exists because of people like her. Furthermore, it's vegans that go to hell, and good god-fearing cow-butt guzzling omnivores that have a guaranteed space in heaven :cool:

To answer your original question... what a typical daily menu looks like for me...

- Breakfast: usually cereal, with soy or dairy milk

- Snacks: I'm most likely to have crisps or cereal bars, although lately I've been switching them to stuff like apples, watermelons and melons, seeing as how they're in season right now...

- Lunch: a variation of the rice theme... either vegetarian fried rice, or rice with carrots and peas... mmmmmmmmmmmm... or a vegetarian burger

- Dinner: a salad with lettuce, cucumbers and tomato, or popcorn... something like that, anyways.

I drink lots of juices during the day, too :).

I'm not saying I eat healthy or anything like that, I fall into the category of junk-food vegetarians. But at least I try... :D

Sonja

9. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

actually i'd like to see a omni list their food intake, just to see if they'd actually consciously eaten any meat that day.

breakfast: fruit smoothie w/ oatmeal or cereal or toast

lunch: always eat out, usually asian food or a sandwich.

dinner: very varied. tonight i had spinach fettucine with mushroom sauce (my belly worships me as its god).

10. ericf

ericf Member

Okay, I am going to take some flak from the vegans here for having two meals with animal products in them. I am going to include the meals I have laid out for today. I would use yesterday but that would make me look real good because me and my mom had a $50 bet that one of us wouldn't make it all day eating nothing but raw fruit. It was a breeze for me but she almost lost it with her coffee and late night cravings. In the end we both won -- healthwise. Even though the wallets stayed the same.

This morning for breakfast, I had an egg scrambled with veggie cheese and rye toast.

For lunch, I am planning on having some ramen soup (oriental flavor -- which includes a minute amount of chicken stock in the flavoring packet) with mixed vegetables.

My dinner is probably going to be some rice with veggies and/or beans.

I will be snacking on watermelon and fruits during the day if i get hungry... and the menu is subject to change.

11. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

Hmmmmmm... I don't recall anyone here even mention being a vegan... nope...

The original question was "what does a normal daily menu look like for the vegetarians here?", NOT vegans. So quit saying vegans eat animal products, they don't. Or I'll hit you on the head with a lettuce and throw pieces of watermelon at ya (mmmmmmmm, watermelon, gotta love it).

LOL, I wish my mom would pay me $50 a day to eat nothing but raw fruit!! Lol!! ;-) j/k

12. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie and toast

Lunch: Tortilla wrap with falafels, salad, and spicey yoghurt dressing

Evening meal: Kidney bean chilli topped with melted cheese and served with rice

That's today's menu!

13. Megara

Megara Banned

here has been pretty much my menu lately.

breakfast: 2 cups oatmeal, a banana and a cup of fat free milk

snack: apple and some nuts

lunch: turkey/cheese sandwhich on 12 grain bread and a cup of salad.

snack: apple/orange

dinner: like 6 oz of chicken breast and another cup of salad

and a ton of water throughout the day.

14. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I'm a creature of habit, I usually eat the same things everyday for weeks straight, lol.

Heres my recent menu:

Breakfast: Special K with soy milk and strawberries.

Lunch: a "cali wrap", a white flour wrap with hummus, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers and tomatoes. then either an apple or bannana.

Dinner: Veggie soup, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas.

Snacks: raw broccoli, apples, bannanas, apple chips, kiwi, or watermelon. sometimes toast w/honey.

Then throughout the day I drink a gallon of water, sometimes more.

15. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Today's menu

Breakfast: Toast with rasberry jam.

Lunch: Cheese sandwich, crisps/chips, cereal bar

Dinner: Quorn fillet, potato thingy that I can't spell the name off, fresh peas, baby sweetcorns.

Snacks: a small choclate bar (twix), a good handful of olives

Drinks: Apple juice, water

TTFN

Sage

16. clawsy

clawsy Member

um i dont cook much at all, but

breakfast: porridge or vege soup and bread or a sandwich (usually peanut butter or hummus and something, carrots and tofu or something), or noodles

lunch: more of the same lol

dinner: maybe a vegan chilli bean dish and rice/noodles, or a stir fry with tofu, or if too tired then baked beans or soup or a sandwich.

snacks (lots of theses): some of the following whatevers in the cupboard.. fruit, grapes, oranges, bananas, dried apricots , peanuts, cashew nuts, sandwhiches or soup.

as treats: yummy vegan dips/spreads..i had an awesome walnut and red pepper on other day, junk food(too much)
    takeaway dinners: we when get takeaways we have a wonderful vegan resturant we get stir fry from, has mock meat in it, all home made. also srping rolls and fried dumplying things and vegan laksa there.....yum!!!!!

17. Enron

Enron Member

Granola, banannas and Oreos shoved in kaiser buns

18. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Coffee and cigarettes

Lunch: Grape soda; tortilla chips and salsa; sandwich (cheese, tomato, onion, pickle and mustard on sourdough toast)

Dinner: Leftover pizza (pineapple, tomato, onion and cheese); beer (lone star)

Snacks: dried fruit/nuts mix; cigarettes