out of body experiences

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Jennyflower, May 17, 2004.

1. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

any-one ever had one? was it good or bad. off you go...

2. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Not really... But once in a dream I was a spirit looking down at my body which was walking to my locker, if that counts!:D

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

in the sense that when i watch tv or go one, i tend to lose complete awareness of my body, that is an OBE.

but the more spiritual ones are quite a trip i hear, cant say ive had one myself.

4. sitareric

sitareric Banned

When I died i did! I died once and came back to life, and I was an orb of light and was with two other orbs of light, until i hit a force like negative magnets, and went back down... and ive had psychedelic expireinces, where i wasnt my body, and was white light that was creation:)

5. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

I have. Id rather not talk about it publicly. It was scary. If you are REALLY curious, you can pm me or whatever, but..yah

6. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Unconsiously, while meditating one afternoon, I accidently did astral projection. It felt so good, and it proceeded to make the rest of my day terrific. :)

-Peace

7. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

what was astral projection like?

8. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I've astrally projected once. It was very peaceful and relaxing, a gentle floating upward.

9. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

It's kind of hard to explain. I felt my body leave the chair. I was at the ceiling of my room looking down at myself. I proceeded to float above my house where I looked around at the neighboorhood. Then my dad yelled at me to shovel our neighboor's driveway, and my journey was over. :)

-Peace

10. NKat

NKat Member

I've had fun with astral projection and it's scared the hell outta me more than a few times. The few times I've willed myself out of my body, it's been great, float up and around my room or house for a while. Once I managed to get myself outside (which is difficult for me sometimes.. self-insecurity I think) for a little while.

But when I fall asleep around when the first light appears (about 4:45 AM at this time of year here), which is most of the time.. i don't sleep much.. I'm involuntarily sucked out of my body, and I'm usually so exausted at this point that I fall asleep outside of my body. of course, whenever this happens, I end up in a really weird dream, and when i try to wake myself up by making my physical body move, I can't because I'm not in my physical body. It's frustrating..

This is the price I pay for opening the gateway.. I think it's kinda a "once you start, there's no way to stop" thing. get your astral self used to leaving your physical body, and it kinda opens a door to this new realm - once it's open, you can't close it.

11. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

so, how do you actually do it? does it just come while ur in a relaxed state of mind? jennyflower xxx

12. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Whoa that astral projection thing sounds so weird....kinda scary, but then i wanna try. I don't really get it? how is it?

13. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

yeah same, it sounds real cool...

14. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

I have...

When I ate a bunch of mushrooms. It was really bad, I lost every concept of reality.

15. NKat

NKat Member

It's really hard to will yourself into the right state of conciousness and relaxation. you basically have to get your body to fall asleep completely but keep your mind under your control. this can take months of practice.. comes more naturally to some people than others. once you're in this state, you connect to the higher energy level around you, and let it vibrate through you (if you're physically relaxed and mentally alert enough, this usually happens by itself), loosening your non-physical body. this is kinda scary if you don't know what to expect. the vibrations can be violent and dizzying.. if you make it through the vibration stage without scaring yourself awake, you can float, sink, fly, or roll out of your body and you're free to explore. a lot of people do it unconciously every once in a while. if you ever wake up in a sleeping paralysis state (you wake up but you can't move at all), try to roll out of your body. this is by far the easiest way to project, but you have to wait for it to happen.

i've never tried any drugs to aid projection.. some people do.. but it's probably more fun without.. it's a natural altered state of conciousness.

if you're really interested, don't hesitate to email me questions.. i know a lot on the subject. i recommend reading some books on the subject. specifically 'journeys out of the body' - robert monroe and 'astral dynamics' - robert bruce