Our world the universe

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by FreshPhish, Jan 30, 2005.

1. FreshPhish

FreshPhish Member

So I was thinking the other day, back a few hundred years ago, Europeans thought there was nobody else, and that the ocean was a vast, uncrossable expanse. Now we have no PROOF of extraterrestrial lifeforms, but what if we find out that "space" is just an ocean, and the universe is just one world.

2. warped4

warped4 Member

oh yeah, that would be fucked

3. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

thats reeeally crazy to think about! and i bet your right, too!!

4. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

wow...i never thought about that

kind of like how the puritans crossed the ocean hoping to find new land, and they did! and even more shocking is that they found living people on that land! I think that you could be right...i mean right now we dont KNOW if there are extraterrestrial lifeforms out there, but maybe once we can travel through space to a new world, we will see new lifeforms...crazy o_O

5. Hip-mungle_sip

Hip-mungle_sip Member

the explorers have not yet returned...

6. Tokin2Creedence

Tokin2Creedence Member

Cool to think about, though most science can prove you wrong.

7. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

I love you for that idea, and since you like Phish, I love you even more! You're probably right, too :)

8. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

The universe, by definition, is everything that exists, there cannot be more universe than the universe. So I suppose that after all you are correct. The universe is, as you say, just one world. However there can be no others. Any new stuff that we discover will be part of the universe, that is to say part of existence.

Now most science considers the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life to be a near certainty. We don't need a new universe (impossible anyhow) we've got an estimated 350 billion galaxies, each with a projected average of 350 billion stars.