Our generation

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by lady_of_the_flowers, May 19, 2004.

1. lady_of_the_flowers

lady_of_the_flowers Member

It seems to me that in my community the majority of the people in my generation (say 15-20) all smoke cannabis. The term 'stoner' doesn't really exist.
    (I will be using the appropriate slang terms for the seperate social groups...) The rude boys smoke, the hippies smoke, the grungers smoke, the nerds smoke, the townies smoke etc..

Is this the case where any of you live?

It's like we are a whole new generation of thrill seeking youth. At parties, you don't go to dance, or eat party food, or gossip. You go to get out of your head on as many mind altering drugs as you can get your greedy little hands on. And get laid of course.
    The youth of today have completly different morals and ways of looking at things than people in our parents' generation. The human race is becoming more open minded.

Can you imagine what the people in our grandchildrens' generation will be like? You have to envy them.
    But then at the rate we are destroying the planet, the ever growing hole in the ozone layer, the incredibly small amount of fossil fuels we have left, you sorta have to feel sorry for them aswell.

I've steered right off the point in this post, assuming there was a point in the first place, but I'd appreciate any respones to anything I have just said.

Thankyou...

2. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

And I wouldn't want it any other way..

3. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

Sounds pretty good..except here the rednecks drink a lot..and the nerds don't do anything...

4. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Ya, don't think that it's like that everywhere. Many parts of the South can be very conservative, I wish it was like you were describing.

5. Velouria

Velouria Member

Right, a lot of people here the South don't smoke. I don't care tho, it kind of makes you have a bond with all the other stoners when there aren't very many of you.

6. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

i'd say about 1/3 of my school uses pot, and most of the people i hang out with do...

but about 4/5 of my school drinks...at least half of the school regularly...everyone's always saying how we have a drinking problem...

but yeah, this generation is definitely very experimental with substances... and we don't do it for the same reasons as in the past... this generation does almost everything for entertainment...

whats that book where it talks about how everything in society goes through three stages... it starts out for necessity, then goes to a (i forget what the middle thing is, maybe for society reasons), then for entertainment? can anyone help me out?...this seems to apply to so many of the things this generation stands for...computers, drugs, cars, etc...

7. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

That's definitely Northern VA where more smoke than not.

8. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Yeah, I don't know 2 people at my school that don't smoke. Everyone jokes about it all the time because it's sort of weird. You'd think that at least some people wouldnt, but no, everyone loves it. Strange strange youth.

9. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I know what you mean. It seems everybody smokes, or at least do it at parties or something. It's funny in a way, because a lot of them don't know jack shit about ganja.

10. bertrose

bertrose Member

YAY FOR U FLESHY LITTLE BUDDY!! NO ONE knows ANYTHING about weed, except usss! we know the truth! if more people knew the truth weed would be legal by now!

peace

11. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Uh huh! Where you at?

And for the 16 year old in Atlanta, you would be surprised! Maybe not at your age but give it a few years!

12. physicalxgraffiti

physicalxgraffiti Member

around here, drinking is a big thing, and right next to it is smoking pot. that's the only reason people have parties, and it's all everyone talks about around school. it's rather annoying actually...

13. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yeah, lots of people smoke weed where i live. not everyone though. most of the people that i hang out with.

14. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Where I live a lot of people think smoking pot is bad, but its really conservative around here, but drinking is accepted more, most the preppy people go out and get blind drunk, then make fun of us calling us pot heads... and the teachers love them and dislike us... its ass backwards

15. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

I think a lot of people here in Ottawa I know smoke weed! I remember the first time I tried it I was about 14 and my brother said "hey man come hit this it's good stuff" and told me how to take it in properly haha. 95% of my friends back than who said they'd never get into it seem to be getting pretty into it if you catch my drift.Everyone near the Ottawa area or would like to check this out is welcome!
    June 5th! http://www.fillthehill.ca/

16. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

i think pritty much everywer every1 dopes out... its in our nature now

17. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

It seems like at least half of every "group" smokes, but there is always exceptions.

18. Krayzie Hustle

Krayzie Hustle Member

"burnout" doesnt seem to exist anymore.

19. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Down in A-Hole, AKA Arlington :p

20. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

When I was in high school, a pretty large percentage of the students had tried weed before..probably about the same percentage that had tried drinking, but most did not smoke on a regular basis. You pretty much knew who the stoners were at my high school, although people would probably be surprised to find out that I am one, so maybe there was a larger group than i thought, and they just hide it really well.

What I think is funny is ever since i've gotten out of high school, and meeting people that are years older than me, i've met soo many stoners..I think theres probably more adult potheads than teen potheads, at least where I live. I love meeting these people too, because it disproves everything they teach kids about weed...most are highly successful, ambitious, extremely nice, good parents, etc..