Our current political and socioeconomic climate is only one more symptom of an underlying cancer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Running Horse wished for another thread to expand on his theme -

Seeing the truth of the climate of this age isn't pessimism it's simple acknowledgement of the sickness. Our current political and socioeconomic climate is only one more symptom of the underlying cancer at work in the soul of humanity. I know there is a cure and the doctor to administer it but first gotta acknowledge and address the sickness not the symptoms

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Horse

So what is the cancer, what is the sickness?

And what is the cure?

Can you please explain and clarify?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I believe in the power of our collective conscience.

I believe we can overcome this blindness that sets us back...

We must see the problems that hamper our global society.

Together we can help each other forward.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

While I appreciate your attempt Balbus this is still not the right context for such a discussion. This is why I left the previous comment where I did because now is not the time nor place for such things. Perhaps the better use of this thread would be to discuss what if any underlying causes you and others might feel is behind our current cultural zeitgeist

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Horse

Why not? Sorry but this sounds like evasion or some kind of windup

Again why not? Have you a time and place in mind, why make such comments in the first place then?

You want us to guess what you meant?

Oh come on – you made the statement are you now saying you didn’t have a clue what you were talking about?

You said there was an underlying cancer – are you know saying there isn’t one or there is one, what?

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Horse

Imagine you go to a doctor and he tells you that you have a cancer and are very sick – he then tells you he knows of a cure – you ask what the cancer is and what is the cure and the doctor relies –

This is not the time nor place for such things?

You ask when

And he replies – well what do you think the sickness is

Would you think that acceptable behaviour?

7. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

1: I will not expound due to this being the improper area of the forums for such response.

2: Based upon your continued insistence and your overtly aggressive responses I will not engage because it is evident that you are not seeking a response to consider but simply to tear apart for your self-grandeur and entertainment.

wrat1 likes this.
  8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Horse

Why?

Why would it be improper?

Why isn’t it the right forum?

I mean you clearly state this is a political/social/economic issue and this is the forum for just those subjects

Thing is you made a statement that excited me and for which I was enthusiastic to know more and I don’t understand why now seem to be walking away from it?

I mean you state very clearly you feel you know what the cancer is and what the cure is but now you say you are unwilling to say what they are or even hint at what they are and making excuse for not even considering to give us something to consider, why is that?

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Horse

Ideas stand up to scrutiny or they don’t - the whole point of debate is to present ideas and see if they do stand up to that scrutiny - if the ideas can be torn apart that is a good thing not a bad one.

If I present an idea and it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny then I adapt it or change it so it does or drop it and work on other ideas that do stand up in debate.

The worst thing in politics is to have views that you think will not stand up to scrutiny, so refuse to debate them but still carry on holding them.

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

OK so I think it is now clear that the person that claimed to know what the sickness and cancer effecting US politics society and economies was either lying or having a joke.

So have other people any theories or ideas?

My own view is that many of the problems now effecting US society are the result of a bed rock of Social Darwinist views and the shift to neoliberalist economic ideas in the 1980’s