Our Absurd Level Of Politcal Correctness.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Crystal_Nocked, May 31, 2017.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^South Africa has a long, complicated racial history. Apartheid only ended there a little over 20 years ago. From your second link,it sounds like white people continue to benefit monetarily from South Africa's resources while black people do not. Same song and dance you see all over Africa.

While the statement "does not want the slaughter of white people for now" is absolutely horrifying, as the threat of genocide is always horrifying, it is important to remember nothing exists in a bottle. Blacks were second class citizens in South Africa for a long time and recently enough for so many to still remember. As we have seen in the US, post-Civil rights movement, apartheid is not something a country recovers from instantaneously.

But yeah, there is no race war in the US. There may be groups of militant black supremacists but they are likely outnumbered by militant white supremacists and neither group speaks for the mainstream US

Asmodean likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i still call bullshit on the TERM "political correctness".
    a phrase that was ONLY created, to trivialize any kind of real morality.

morality being consideration for ALL things, and the degree of mutuality of that consideration, between sapient and social beings.

ancient romans may have only meant cities by civilization, but civilization in any real and meaningful sense,
    can only exist when nations and cultures are NOT dominated by aggressiveness.

MeAgain likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its yuge!
    [​IMG]

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Today's political correctness....right is white...left is feminism.

5. Asmodean

It seems you are confusing political correctness with generalizing/stereotyping.

neoprene_queen likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you should start a thread.

7. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

i really should. but the whole thing is just to triggering for me

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't call that a 'confusing' so much as a cloak of camo it hides behind.

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

While it's true that the white settlers in South Africa did treat the natives like crap in the early years, does it make it right to allow the government to murder all the white farmers in present day?

South Africa was one of the most wealthiest and stable countries in the continent, thanks to the Dutch and English colonists. Yes it was an ugly history with a lot of racial turmoil, don't get me wrong. But I can easily see SA becoming the next Zimbabwe/Rhodesia in a few short years, once the black power movement sees justification in a brutal revenge supported by the government. The genocide is just beginning. And western European nations, along with Canada and the US have denied white South Africans refugee status. They've also denied Syrian Christians too. But not Muslims from wherever.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm

10. Asmodean

The government murdered those farmers? Really?

Uhm, this seems a bit misleading. All those countries have also denied plenty of muslims. And i doubt no syrian christian came in. I'm sure plenty were refused, like when they don't have the right papers or when there are other uncertainties. Should being christian give Syrian refugees a free pass? Lol

stormountainman likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont want to get into a detailed discussion about this because I don't know a lot about what is currently going on in South Africa and I don't want it to come across like I'm defending the murder of anyone

But I couldnt let this one go.

We are not talking about something that happened hundreds of years ago during the early settlement and to say as much is really disingenuous.

Apartheid ended in 1994

And again history doesn't happen in a bubble. Historical events have long term ramifications

stormountainman likes this.
  12. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Here in America Trump made it clear he does not want Muslims to come here. Mike Pence openly said he did not want Syrian to come to Indiana and get on welfare. Carl Higbie -a Trump appointee- has said:

1) Blacks lack morality
    2) Blacks think breeding is a form of employment
    3) Troops with PTSD have a weak mind
    4) people should shoot Mexicans who cross the border
    5) Muslims need to go back to their country and crap in their own hands
    6) Muslim ideology sucks
    7) Muslims bang little boys on Thursday nights

This says what Trump thinks about bigotry and political correctness

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

There seems to be no convincing evidence that "the government" of South Africa is murdering any white farmers, let alone all of them in present day. There have been allegations of a disproportionately high rate of murders of white farmers, but the perpetrators are not "the government", but private citizens. At worst, the government is faulted for not doing enough to stop the attacks.

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  14. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

He has made false claims about Muslims...often.

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Well the CFR reported that a disproportionate number Christians were denied refugee status.

The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria

The United States has accepted 10,801 Syrian refugees, of whom 56 are Christian. Not 56 percent; 56 total, out of 10,801. That is to say, one half of one percent. The BBC says that ten percent of all Syrians are Christian, which would mean 2.2 million Christians.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

From the blog you provide, it appears that the United States is not deliberately "barring" Christian refugees, but is relying on applications from refugee camps in Jordan where Christians are hesitant to locate out of fear of intimidation by ISIS and other Sunni groups. The Cotton solution is "set asides" of slots and fast-tracking for "minority" (non-Muslim) refugees, and measures to facilitate direct application by the Christian refugees outside the framework of the refugee camps. In other words, direct discrimination against Muslims who make up a majority of the refugees. Sen. Cotton, of course, is a Republican who is hostile to immigration in general and Muslims in particular. Would you say that your presentation of this issue is a bit misleading?