Our Absurd Level Of Politcal Correctness.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Crystal_Nocked, May 31, 2017.

1. Kerri

Kerri Members

The OP is idiotic but I do chuckle at the cry babies who have a cognitive meltdown over coffee cups and their made up war on Xmas

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I believe the word 'snowflakes' fits here best.

stormountainman and Kerri like this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

Truth. Some of the crazy conservative nut jobs are so easily offended

4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Nanny State and Gimmie State are insulting terms favored by the KKK. The Republican Party today stands for exactly the same socio-political values that the KKK stands for as re-organized by Mr. Stephenson in 1920. Your newly reconstituted Klan has computers and mass media; but, it stands for all that the old KKK wants. The term Sheeple was coined by Robert Matthews who founded the Order...a White Supremacist group that robbed armored cars and murdered Allen Berg in Denver. Robert Matthews used to hang out at Richard Butler's Aryan Nations Church in Hayden Idaho. The Truth is not concealed for long!

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm not right wing but my real politics are actually far beyond the Democrats. I probably can't really write up my politics here on HF could it would be just transcending the meta-prescription too much and no one would get it. It's actually really personal to me and I don't want to go into it right now, if at all. I'm from the UK but it matters to the whole World what goes on in US politics because of the power involved. Right and left are just false dichotomies that don't really help get the job done, imo.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    magickman likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

happy holidays y'all

Triggered

7. Asmodean

:rage: I want to hear you say 'Christmas', Goddamnit!

8. stormountainman

Happy Nou Ruz!

9. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I understand, it's all kind of a big smokescreen that most people don't want to think about or know of, or believe in.
    So yeah it's best that way.

10. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Lol...I thought it was from Ted Nugent's book, circa 2000-ish, called "We The Sheeple". Thanks for the facts.

11. piitaasann

piitaasann Members

I read every comment in this thread hoping someone would call out this moron for one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Censoring means that the apocalypse is near... It's not the fact that Our Dear Leader here in the US wants to start a nuclear war, or the fact that people don't have health care, people the fact that people are pissed in the middle east over the Jerusalem thing, Nope... It's CENSORSHIP. How fucking stupid is that? I like Die Hard, especially that particular one, and guess what, I remember that being censored way back in the late 90s. What fantasy world is this guy living in? "******" has never been an acceptable word on regular TV.

And second, thank you to the people who pointed out... This is the same type of guy that blows his top over "happy holidays" and NFL players kneeling. Who's the Snowflake? And yeah I agree with some people here, sometimes "being PC" is actually having some fucking common courtesy. I'm an atheist but that doesn't mean I should start making fun of your religion. I bet you'd also be offended if I made fun of 9/11, right? "oh what? Haha are you mad? That was just a joke. Lighten up bro. Oh and fuck your religion haha hey I'm just practicing my freedom of speech". You guys are fucking ridiculous.

Meliai, Asmodean and scratcho like this.
  12. stormountainman

I think it was in 1987 or 1986 when two Rocky Mountain News reporters put out a book titled The Silent Brotherhood. It was about THE ORDER; however, it cataloged most everything about the life of Robert Matthews. It's been several years since I read the book. I seem to remember that he may have coined the term as early as the 1960s when he lived in Arizona? The book is a great read. Matthews along with Richard Butler and a man named Metzger out of California wanted a White nation in the northwestern states. One or two of Matthews' regulars were KKK members. When they came to Colorado to kill radio talk show host Allan Berg, they stopped at the Laporte Church of Christ where Pete Peters was the preacher. It is all in the book.

magickman likes this.
  13. Asmodean

@piitaasann

I agree with most of what you say. But just because there are other (and without doubt more pressing) issues doesn't mean it is ridicilous to spend time and thought on censorship issues, even when its in a piece of entertainment like the Die hard movie.
    I also agree though that a lot of people who get on the fence for this clearly ruin their own point with their arguments ;)

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When race equality laws were introduced, they were intended to prevent people from being insulted and put down due to their skin colour. Since then, generations of idiots have altered the laws to the extent that even noticing that a person is from another country is a taboo and much of the original intentions of the original laws has been lost.
    When I meet a person from another country, it is never long before we are chatting about their origins. Far from being insulted, most of them will end up talking for hours Once I did open up a bag of worms when a guy became very distressed and finally told me about the day that as a child he had seen his entire family murdered during an ethnic cleansing raid on his home in Africa. Now, many years later, he recently told me that he regards me as his only true white friend.
    Getting rid or the idiots who get paid stupid salaries for creating this current 'nanny state' is long overdue. Just remember, that when you are talking to a black or Asian person, avoiding any reference to their origins can easily give them the impression that you consider yourself superior and do not want to lower yourself to such conversation. While you know it is untrue, that is the situation which has been created by our current stupid laws.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think that's true. The laws in the United States were never intended to prevent people from being insulted and put down. They were intended to prevent people from being denied jobs, public accommodations, educations, housing, and the right to express their opinions and practice their religion. So-called "political correctness" is based on social norms and the policies of employers. I have no sympathy though for expressions of racism, sexism, or religious bigotry, and while people who like to use that language have a "right" to do so, in the sense that I don't think law enforcement actions should be taken against them, I see no reason to laugh at their jokes, deal with them or their employers, be polite to them, or associate with them in any way. They're a menace to society and deserve to be treated like pond scum. I think you're right that political correctness can be carried to ridiculous extremes, and it's quite okay to say so.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

We are in the UK where laws for equality in jobs and housing were already in place. It was the later 'nanny state' additional 'race relations' laws and amendments that ended up doing more harm than good.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes, that is a difference between the two countries, and I gather between the U.S. and most other European countries. The Supreme Court has made clear that there is no "hate speech" exception to First Amendment protections.

18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I've never seen this movie, but don't see anything wrong with changing that line. Maybe just editing out the scene would have been better, and not so obvious. I think there is a difference between SJW's exaggerating stories to further their agendas, and actual situations that need correction.

SouthPaw likes this.
  19. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Some context is in order. It’s actually an important scene. Bruce Willis killed a terrorist (Hans Gruber) in the first movie so his brother wants revenge. He wants to make Willis suffer before he kills him, so threatens to set off a bomb unless Willis walks through Harlem wearing that sign. The locals attack him, which leads to Willis being saved by Samuel L. Jackson’s character and sets the stage for the rest of the movie.

It’s part of the buildup of the antagonistic relationship between Bruce Willis and Simon Gruber. It’s not about a racist character or event, it’s more about some asshole exploiting racial tensions to fuck with someone he hates. It helps establish just how vile that hatred is, even though we don’t know who he is at that point in the movie.

If he told him to walk through Harlem wearing a sign that says, “I hate everybody” then I’d half-expect the antagonist to be some old lady John McClane (Bruce Willis) gave a parking ticket to when he was a rookie cop.

20. Kerri

Kerri Members

Lol because we don’t have any white holidays we’ll create one to celebrate a treasonous loser

scratcho likes this.
  21. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There is no mechanism in the Constitution for secession from the Union.
    Robert E. Lee swore an allegiance at West Point to uphold the Union. Instead he took up arms against the Union and the Constitution.
    Those who wish to be absurdly politically correct try to portray Lee as some kind of hero.
    He wasn't, he was a great general, but so was Benedict Arnold.
    Both were traitors.

scratcho likes this.
  22. Kerri

Kerri Members

Lol first of all there is something un-American about not wanting to be American anymore

Second of all how about the fact that Lee was a loser? What’s the holiday for? Surrendering? In the north we don’t celebrate quitters

stormountainman likes this.