Our Absurd Level Of Politcal Correctness.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Crystal_Nocked, May 31, 2017.

1. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

So here's my rant for the day regarding the current Nanny State/Gimme State/PC Police that has beset our fair land over the past decade or so and continues to rise to even more laughably absurd levels.

Me and DW are watching an old Bruce Willis flick last night in bed. Well, we just watched a few minutes of it while channel surfing. I think it was Die Hard with a Vengeance. I happened to click to the scene--which was once the funniest in the whole movie!--where some bad guy mad bomber dude makes Willis stand on a corner of a Black Inner City 'hood wearing a sandwich board that loudly proclaims, "I HATE NIGGERS!"

Well, at least that was the way the scene played in the original version of the movie. Now, the scene is censored on TV and digitally altered so the sign reads, "I hate everybody!"

Really? I mean, fucking REALLY?

Wow. Just, wow.

What kind of libtard moron would be offended at the sign if it was left the way it was intended by the director? It's a freaking movie, fer chrissakes. The sign doesn't even make sense the way it's altered now, as when a bunch of black kids standing on the corner come over and threaten to kill Willis.

But...so absurd has this country's level of PC-ism and its obsession with not daring take the slightest chance to offend gotten, that we are treated as mindless idiots or children with censorship such as this.

I am sick to death of it. I refuse to be a part of it. I will in the future vote for any candidate, local or national who is against it and I will boycott any business which condones it. For, that is the most effective way to vote in America: with your pocketbook. I will also refuse to see any movie that has a PC theme or uses PC lingo. Like the other night when I saw a movie that actually dubbed in "special needs" instead of "retarded kid." WTF??

Wake the fuck up! Don't be a Sheeple!

Thanks for listening to my rant.

I'm finished now!

LOL

Cheers!

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So now you seem to be going to the other extreme.

You'll vote for any candidate, no matter what stand they take on anything else.

Great.

piitaasann and Hugs & Spit like this.
  3. I used to own the most hilarious copy of Breakfast Club edited for TNT that I taped on my VCR. It was so messed up. For instance, there's this one line where Bender says, "You got everything and I got shit," and TNT changed it to say, "You got everything and I got (pause) PUNZEL, right?" WTF?! There were so many ridiculous edits in that version...it was classic. Wish to death I hadn't lost the tape.

1 person likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But....

It would be filtered out if it said fuck or shit or anything else too..I assume this was on network or basic cable tv and subject to fcc regulations?

I doubt it has anything to do with being PC. Networks can get fined big bucks for breaking fcc regulations

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Your use of this word says much about you none of it good. Second I don't think you understand how TV censorship works. It has nothing to do with what politcal party you are with. The film you mention did the same thing in the 90's I assure you.

scratcho likes this.
  6. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

You're wrong on both your claims.

I assure you.

LOL

The movie used to be on TV with the sign intact. Then several years ago they'd blur out the word ******.

Now they've digitally changed it so as make no sense with the plot.

I understand perfectly how censorship works. The television industry is policed by a watchdog group called Standards and Practices. They do the censorship.
    Political legislation can mandate policy and rules for them.

I assure you that no right wing conservatives would condone such drastic censorship. The liberals are for big government and big Nanny. In all things. They try to legislate morality. They do legislate morality! The Republicans do not. They know how morality is supposed to work.

You seem not to.

Are you admitting to me here that you condone and even support the censorship of the sign in the movie I've mentioned here? I'm curious. Also curious why you'd think the scene would offend any sane person.

Thanks.

Ronald Reagan......quote...Eight words every American hates to hear....

I'm from the government. I'm here to help.

LOL

Apply that to the Nanny State.

To censorship.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yeah, TV movies are heavily censored. It's irritating: same on the radio or with edited albums. If you have ever listened to the censored version of some explicit records, entire songs are eliminated or their meanings completely changed to fit regulators. After some quick research, it looks like the "n word" was outlawed in the 1970's, not too recently.

I wonder if you can use the word "******" in historical films that are supposed to be in context?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just get Netflix dude. Or rent the movie

This is like recording an edited rap song off the radio then complaining that it is edited. Just buy the album. Or whatever people do these days, find it on youtube

Just saying, I dont watch cable tv and this is not an issue for me. Time to join the future and cut the cord

Hope this helps!

Eric! and rollingalong like this.
  9. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

I know. And sometimes one wonders why the TV stations bother to air the movies in the first place if they're gonna be torn and mauled to shreds by editing and censorship.

An example of this was Blazing Saddles. All those ****** words chopped out.

The sherriff is near!

Really?

Wtf.

Even me Brooks says the Nanny State would never ever ever allow him to make that movie today.

Kill one hundred people with swords?

Not a problem in the Nanny State movie world.

Utter the word ******?

How dare you!!!!!

Idiots.

1 person likes this.
  10. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Yeahhh....so...We have Netflix.

And HBO. And Skinemax and Showtime.

And about 200 DVDs.

And my enjoyment of uncensored movies is not the issue here.

So......Congrats.

......you missed my entire point.

Dude.

LOL

11. MeAgain

Actually censorship is pretty mild today.

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Mike and Carol Brady slept in two separate twin beds the first few seasons of the Brady Bunch

The term PC is overused. Political correctness refers to politicians who avoid hard truths so they dont offend their base. And contrary to popular belief this isn't limited to liberals.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and the Republicans are much, much more guilty of that than any other political group, and now with Rump in office we have to deal with another facet of it;
    generating hyperbole and "much ado about nothing" to detract from the real issues and distract their base from actually getting educated concerning issues.

Eric! and Meliai like this.
  14. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

LOL

Nanny State/TV censorship-seemingly-designed-for-retards.....TAKE II:

Last night I saw a scene on ESPN footage of the New York Mets Mascot.

When he flipped off a fan, the tape editors actually Blurred out the offending middle digit.

I have seen this before many times on TV. And forgot to mention it yesterday when I began this thread, as I find it to be one of the more insulting and ludicrous forms of censorship.

Anybody who doubts me here? I invite them to PLEASE, PLEASE tell me, in what possible scenario could anybody, who is sane and rational, become offended at seeing somebody flip off another on TV, as in a movie?

I challenge you to justify this censorship in 2017 America.

Thanks!

15. MeAgain

Just to clarify, you do know that Hip Forums is censored.
    Censorship has its place.

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I believe I hate political correctness and language policing about as much as the OP.

But it seems to me that this isn't the most prime example of censorship by political correctness. It seems to me like this is just a toned-down version for Cable TV to meet censorship regulations by removing cuss words. The N-word, while politically incorrect, is also a cuss word.

But I get where the OP is coming from. Altering the dialog of a movie for censorship can change the whole dynamic of the character interactions, if not the entire film.

I've seen this when I saw "Tommy Boy" and "Die Hard 2" on cable TV:
    David Spade's character said (real version), "Housekeeping, want me to jack you off?"
    What was said in the cable version: "Housekeeping, want me to give you a French Kiss?"

Die Hard 2:
    Bruce Willis (real version): "Yippie-ki-yay, mother fucker!"
    Bruce Willis (cable TV version): "Yippie-ki-yay Mr. Falcon"

Yes, it did take a LOT out of the movie to change such important lines to the interaction. Sometimes, it's political correctness, sometimes it's toning down the naughty language for the parents who don't want their kids to stumble upon this in channel surfing.

17. 6-eyed shaman

Publishers did remove "******" from all newer editions of "Tom Sawyer" and "Huckleberry Finn"

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Whether she holds his hand or not is a very important issue

19. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

thats disgusting !

20. 6-eyed shaman

I concur. Those stories, for me growing up, were a great way to educate on the history behind that word and why it's offensive to black people.