ouch.... some advice please?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Earthy Mama, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

eek... I'm having alot of pain already and I'm only in early pregnancy, is this possible? My doctor visit isn't until next week but I think I'm two months. With my second son I had a pinched sciatic nerve and I feel it again like it was when I was pregnant before. I definatly feel a pinched nerve. Plus, my lower back aches alot when I work. I'm on my feet constantly and I'm finding that its getting to be hard to stand through the whole day(I'm a department manager). I'm a little worried that if I'm getting this pain already if I'll be able to work through my pregnancy. Is it possible to have a pinched nerve when my baby isn't even a pound yet??? I thought the pinched nerve problems come from a baby lying on it in late pregnancy. Maybe I'm just having problems that are seperate and not caused by my pregnancy... I can't figure it out though. Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this. I'm taking prenatals already, eating well and excersizing when I can so I don't know what else to do. I'm just exausted and frustrated. I spent my whole day off lying down. :(

Thanks for reading mamas,
    Eryn

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I waited tables when I was first pregnant with Virginia. And I had the same problem-pinched sciatic nerve. And I was only a few months along as well. Maybe see a chiropractor or get a yummy massage!!

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, you can't help the softening of the tissues that protect your sciatic. i was nearly crippled from the pain this time. i got one of those belly supports, and that helped alittle. i also got a heating pad which i'd put on my back, and when the muscles were nice and warmed up, my husband would stretch my legs up over my chest for me, since i couldn't lift them myself. i also got one of those exercise balls and gently bounced on it to stretch and relax the muscles around there. and tylenol. tylenol was my friend. good luck.

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I had an awful time with a pinched sciatic nerve with my oldest son. I went to a chiropractor because I couldn't even move without excruiating pain!

It helped a lot if I got on my hands and knees and kind of did "cat stretches" when the pain was bad.

Hugs, and I hope you feel better soon...