Others Barefoot in Public?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by StraightToes, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

This week is finally warm enough for me to start my barefooting journey.
    I'd like to take photos to see the difference in my feet as I go along, but I have funny feet.. *blush* so I might not.

I think to ease into getting over the social prejudice against bare feet I'm going to get some of these:
    [​IMG]

At a glance they look like thong sandals - only those who really look notice there's no sole. :)

Peace,
    FM

2. MagnoliaMan

MagnoliaMan Member

I've always wanted to try some barefoot sandals, but since I'm a guy they don't quite look right. You know, like the picture above, they look great on the ladies, but too feminine for me to wear. Maybe just some solid black ones? I thought of black shoe strings and looping it around. Might fool a person enough to avoid some harassment.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Thing about that is, they may fool some people, but not for long (I know they would have caught my attention, long before I even thought of barefooting, but then again I'm a lot less medicated than most americans)

But once they see them, they will be doubly on guard about fring-ie barefoot hippies..... They're super obvious and call attention to you, IMO.

Then again, I'm not embarassed to walk around with no shoes, in clothes I found in dumpsters, but I wouldn't be caught dead in barefoot sandals..... They WOULD be embarassing to me. It seems like growing dreads and refusing to take your hood/hat off.... Like REALLY, this is going to be your way of life, better get used to it now.

Also, one of my favorite things about being barefoot is it's been months since I woke up and realized I didn't know where my shoes where, didn't have any clean socks, was late and still had to deal with my shoes...... Convenience is one of the great things about barefooting, why just use it as an excuse to acquire more foot paraphernalia?

4. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

Well I did it!!
    I walked to church and back completely barefoot, and I realized how nice it was.
    Not only that, I didn't have one issue - no sharp anything! I just put pipsqueak in her stroller and walked!
    It was lovely.
    My feet are dirty, and my soles are tingling a bit.

I also completely randomly ran into my parents (and had lunch with them) but when they saw me barefoot thought I was crazy.
    Thankfully they're used to my being crazy - so it wasn't too bad; I just didn't think I'd have to defend my barefootedness so soon! :D

Peace
    FM

5. I saw this guy in the market and he was barefoot and everything I just couldn't believe it and he...oh wait...DAMN...it was me...forget it

6. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

That's awesome that you live close enough to your church that you can walk there. So, were you also barefoot IN church?

7. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

Yup. :D
    My church is pretty relaxed, I did pack my shoes in case I ended up hurting myself, but I didn't end up using them!
    I pack a blanket and sit on the floor with pipsqueak between my legs, while she plays with toys during the semon so I can actually listen AND have a happy baby.
    Our church encourages multi-generational worship, so yes there are kids and kid noises..but we all love them, and parents do a pretty good job keeping the noise to a dull roar. :D

Plus, Jesus was barefoot a lot too as my pastor pointed out. lol!

Peace,
    FM

8. cattard

cattard Member

It was warm enough today in Southern Ontario for many of us to do that. Thinkg I'll do a barefoot hike at Mount Nemo later this week

9. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

ah man I want to go BF to our church so bad, but I think my wife would not have it. :( But I do go BF to our church small group Wednesday night meetings in people's homes.

10. raulperuvian

raulperuvian Member

I like being barefoot in the church, which my feet are in contact with the floor, completely barefoot or using BF sandals

11. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

Do you go to a more conservative church? Even when I wasn't barefooting, during the summer I generally ended up taking my shoes off during the worship and putting them back on before I left.

It's nice isn't it?? :D

Peace,
    FM

12. zarleyt

zarleyt Guest

I saw a girl get off of a school bus barefoot. I also saw a girl get into a car barefoot, going somewhere with her father. And I saw a girl working barefoot at a fitness center.

13. raulperuvian

raulperuvian Member

You're right.One day I was not allowed to enter barefoot to a supermarket,said they would call the attention of people,I told them that people are interested in buying and you do not want to see my feet.They understood me, but said they must comply with orders. now with these sandals that I made myself I have no problem, and I can feel the nice cool floor of supermarkets:)

14. wardow

wardow Member

Those are really nice, did you make them your self? :)

15. raulperuvian

raulperuvian Member

:bulb:Yes,a piece of leather, with some holes, and shoelaces.

16. cattard

cattard Member

Saw a white 12y/o girl with a black hoodie and black yoga pants carrying her pink flip flops near my house...had to double back to see her again

17. nightowl420

nightowl420 Member

Well its safer to wear flip flops or something,due to the fact that there are alot of parasites that enter through the feet very easily and make a home inside your body,intestines,liver,which are called liver flukes,and all that jazz.They are everywhere waiting to hitch a ride and live off of your body,nasty parasites.There are all kinds of flushes and supplements out there to get rid of them,so just be careful out there.

18. Matje

Matje Member

Thanks for the warning, nightowl420.

From now on, I will wear socks to bed and keep my shoes under the bed so I can put them on before I touch the floor.

I will also wear safety boots for cutting the grass and flup flaps in the shower.

That will keep those nasty parasites away!

19. nightowl420

nightowl420 Member

Matje,do what you gotta do.Having a bad day?

20. Matje

Matje Member

No I'm fine. Just making fun of your post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.