Others barefoot in public-2

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by hillman30, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Matje

Matje Member

Yeah, thanks for the warning. I'll wear shoes from now on.

2. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Yeh basically I was thinkin the same thing. I never knew about India and I never knew that even outside of India you could get dirty feet if you didn't wear shoes. I'm so glad I now know. I'd really hate to think people were seeing my dirty soles and toes. What would they think?

3. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

Quite a bit of this post is simply not true, at least not for the habitual barefooter.

Are public works in India really that bad that hookworm is still a problem? It's not really a problem in the US.

4. dennpat

dennpat Member

On my way home from work tonight, I spotted an older (late 50s/early 60s) man walking on the sidewalk and he was barefoot. From a distance, I saw that his soles were black, so he must be a regular barefooter. :2thumbsup:

5. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

Young woman in the grocery store. She carried sandals but looked like she was testing herself.

6. cattard

cattard Member

I guess SheWhoListensToTheWind is also SheWhoBreaksTheWind

And God said, "Thou dost smelt it, dealt it"

7. hillman30

hillman30 Member

she is a pointless troll. we have to suffer as usual. idiots seem to feel the need to make sure people notice they are idiots.

8. DirtySoles

DirtySoles Member

I was at a parade on Saturday, saw a high school boy riding a scooter bf. He was in normal clothes t shirt and shorts. No shoes, no bag, and was speeding down the street. His soles were relatively clean. I caught up with him later when he was stopped to watch the parade, he had a nice tan on his legs that evenly matched his feet. No sandal or sock tan line. You know what that means..

9. cattard

cattard Member

That he thought you were a little creepy?

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Is it really that unusual for you guys to see people barefoot? Whats the big deal?

I see people barefoot everyday. Stores, school, parks etc..

11. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

blood flukes enter between the skin and toe nail
    then eventually infect heart and brain, been 2 yrs in amazon, but anywhere south of 32* lat can have then in still pools swamps, puddles, then southern states latin America Africa have loads of parasites from feces and worms in water, swimming they can even enter through the eye sockets.

I got pinworms from taking showers in amazon.

still 37 years barefoot.

12. Madesh

Madesh Member

:smilielol5:

Yeah I agree, but I just put that down to fact that I've always lived near the coast...people on holidays, surfers and a relaxed atmosphere.
    I recently went to Birmingham and although I had no problems I did get some people look at me like I was a crazy-nut-job!

13. uniped

uniped Member

My wife joined me shopping barefoot at a local street market.

14. dennpat

dennpat Member

This past Friday morning when I was almost at my workplace, there was a guy (looked to be in his early 60s) walking through the parking lot dressed in a long-sleeve sweater and jeans and he was barefoot. He didn't look like a homeless person, though. He was neatly groomed and taking a walk.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Tis Mid Spring Here In Horsetralia, Bare Feet Every Where...:sunny:

Cheers Glen.

16. bare feet and crutches

bare feet and crutches Members

Bare feet are common here, but this was an outstanding encounter

I was in the line at the supermarket and next in the line was a girl, mid 20s with her young daughter and both were in bare feet. The little girl was staring at me, I thought because I was shirtless as well as barefoot.
    The mother smiles and said to me "She is fascinated by your crutches". I asked if she hed never seen them before "Oh yes, I'm on them so often I have my own pair. Stuffed ankles" she lifted one bare foot off the ground and flexed her ankle and toes. Then she said "I've just mown my lawn, it makes a mess doesn't it!" and she lifted her tanned foot toward me and showed me the blackest bare sole I have seen in ages, with the instep stained green from the grass. Amazing!

17. dennpat

dennpat Member

Last Saturday morning on the 2nd, I went to get my car washed at one of the local high schools by the boys' varsity baseball team, since they were having a fundraiser. They had an efficient operation set up there where the first person hoses down the car, then a group of guys lathers up the car with soap, then the next person rinses the car off and finally, a group of guys dries the car off. About half the young guys there were barefoot and they seemed to be having the most fun compared with the ones who wore shoes or flip-flops. :2thumbsup:

18. cattard

cattard Member

Umm, any girls there?

"School children washing cars to raise money for charity. Is there anything more arousing?"

— Tom Tucker (Family Guy)

19. dennpat

dennpat Member

I don't remember seeing any. This was a boys varsity baseball team at a local high school.

20. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I was in Newquay, Cornwall today visiting friends and saw quite a few other barefoot people. The weather today was cool and sunny, a big change from the recent chaos.

They were either 'hippie' types or the surfer variety. I went to a cafe for lunch where they serve an excellent vegi feast and the girl who served us was barefoot too :)

Sx