OTC Highs.... The Grand "Answer-All" Thread

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by otb01, May 21, 2007.

1. otb01

otb01 Member

Hmmm... I was tempted to put tobacco on there because some of the native americans smoked tons of it to get major effects but theres very little un-tampered-with tobacco nowadays.

2. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

It's not considered OTC either. When I think OTC, I think of things teens of all ages could get easily. Medicines, fluids, and whatnot.

Here in New Jersey most places will card for anything from tobacco, to cough medicine, to even many solvents. I can't even buy cigarettes here and I'm 18. What the hell is that?

3. otb01

otb01 Member

I live in NYC. Getting cigarettes in most neighborhoods is not a chore as long as you're not like 7 or something. There are exceptions. There is one neighborhood in Queens which is notorious for carding. They even card for lighters there. I mean, what the fuck man. LIGHTERS! That's just one part thou.

Wait, how can they not sell you cigs if you are 18?

By the way, do OTC sleeping pills have effects? That might be a candidate for the list.

4. Geneity

well OTC sleeping pills are usually Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine Succinate. I'm not sure if the latter has any recreational value.

The age for like anything slightly psychoactive here is 19. It sucks.

5. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

NItrous and Morning Glories are the only ones worth mentioning...ive never done morning glories, but i have a sweet tooth for nitrous cartridges

6. Geneity

...and for the record Doxylamine Succinate has the same effects as Diphenhydramine as far as I'm concerned. It's a delierient.

7. otb01

otb01 Member

Hmmm. I haven't looked into it yet. Erowid pharms doesnt have doxylamine... Care to cite a source? I appreciate your help.

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Im not sure of a source, but hes right. They're both the same type of substance, the whole antihistamine/otc sleep aid in 2x the dose as used as an antihistamine. Im pretty stoned so thats not the best explanation, but its the best i can manage at the moment . . .

9. uplink

uplink Member

that list is awful.

you should put up more legal "highs"... like HBWR, kratom, sinicuichi, spice, kanna, dagga, pedicularis, amyl nitrate, salvia, BZP, sassafrass, kava-kava, Valerian, hops, catnip, (alpha) asaron, antihistamines (as a general catagory and include the ones already mentioned). You should post warnings on deliriants, and mention that nutmeg has some deliriant characteristics and is extremely dangerous as well.

If you include sage, you should include sassafrass, kava-kava, valerian, hops and catnip. Those are all OTC. Kratom, kanna, salvia, and many others up there aren't as easy to get without going to a local headshop/botanical shop.

You need a more severe warning to go along with paint thinners as well. They cause noticeable brain damage.

10. otb01

otb01 Member

kratom, sinicuichi, kanna, dagga, etc: NOT OTC. read the title
    catnip is there. antihistimenes are there.
    since when was kava kava otc?

11. Geneity

I've heard of it being sold as a supplement sometimes, but I've never seen it.

The list is decent and yes, the delierients do need a warning. And my source for Doxylamine Succinate is myself. It felt identical to Benadryl and is used for the same two things. Any inhalants cause noticeable brain damage. They need a big warning.

I still stand by my idea not to include Nitrous as an inhalant. It isn't anywhere near as dangerous as any of the others in that group and is actually a dissociative, as opposed to suffocating your brain to get high (which it can do too if you take more then one lungful). It must be used carefully. It's also used medicinally which again means it can't be as dangerous as huffing something like Duster.

12. otb01

otb01 Member

Hmm. If I can find some kind of way that it is common, it will be added.

Well, the thing about Doxylamine is that if I can't source it, I can put dosages, etc, etc and some idiot could do something REALLY irresponsible. I did add an inhalants warning at the top of its section as well as individual warnings in the warnings sections. I did include warnings for the delirants with credit to you. If you want, I could make them more prominent thou.

The reason I included nitrous as an inhalant is because the route of method is basically the same. If you can tell me another category to put it in, I'd be happy to thou because you make a very strong argument there.

13. Geneity

Possibly Grocery Store items, either that or simply OTC. It's odd though. It's sold in weird places. Rarely in grocery stores although Whipped Cream can contain it, and thats where most people would get it, so Grocery Store is a good place for it. Also add as a note that it can be found in sex shops as chargers and at some home-type stores.

Doxylamine should be added. I can tell you what you need to know, and that a dose of 100mg's is a threshold dose for delerient effetcs. So you could put 50-150 or something, and list that doses are unknown as of now.

14. otb01

otb01 Member

Well, for the sake of keeping a blanket warning, I'll keep nitrous as an inhalant until we can think of a good topic for it. I will also add that it can be purchased at some sex shops.

15. otb01

otb01 Member

Bump just in case anyone wants to contribute

16. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

could you elaberate on coleus? effects,dosage,warnings? thanks!

17. otb01

otb01 Member

It's pretty uncharted... Sorry man -.-

18. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

well thanks anyway ive not been able to find anything on it the first time i heard of it was in a hightimes but they didnt say mutch! but thanks for the reply! peace

19. otb01

otb01 Member

u could try it and tell us how you dosed it. that would help

20. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Shit, the last time I was able to buy kava kava extract in a store the democrats were still in the whitehouse . . .