Oscar Pistorius

Discussion in 'People' started by morrow, Nov 24, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

If ever their was a case of someone making a feeble excuse for murder this one beats them all. Did he ever expect any jury to believe that he thought the noises in the bathroom were a burglar trying to steal the taps.

morrow likes this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

He thought he had the world's sympathy, and he could get away with it! Now he knows!

4. wilsjane

Why would the world sympathize with a murderer.? I have worked with a lot of famous people and those that the world REALLY like are those who keep it in their pants and keep out of the tabloids (such as the Attenborough brothers). Others are mostly seen as a joke. I have not spoken to a single person who did not want to see Pistorius locked up.

morrow likes this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

So he is getting 13 years for MURDER? Jared the Subway spokesman, is serving roughly that same term and he didn’t kill anyone. He should be serving a life sentence for murder.

wilsjane likes this.
  6. morrow

morrow Visitor

South African courts are not like any other around the world!

He thought he was deserving of special treatment because he has no legs, and brought about fame for him and his country, I actually thought because of the shame, and fall, that he would actually have had the book thrown at him, bout doubling his sentence, was good for the victims families, that's what's important, that they are ok with it.

Deidre likes this.
  7. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Good points, and if the victim's family is fine with it, then that's what matters. I just think it's kind of a light sentence considering he took a life. But, it's an interesting case, and I'm not really familiar with court systems in South Africa.

morrow likes this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Any other country he would have gotten longer, a lot longer!

9. morrow

morrow Visitor

Maximum sentence for murder in south Africa is 15 years!!

magickman and Willy Blue like this.
  10. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Wish it was like that here! Not really, but...
    When I was 16, had a big creepy asshole keep starting shit with me in school. Every goddamn day.
    One morning after dad left for work, around 6:30am, I went to his gun cabinet. I wanted so bad to grab his Ruger and put it in my school bag.
    And shoot that motherfucker in my first period class. Figured if I was lucky I might go to Juvenile, and not be tried as an adult.
    Just a few short years later, he was killed in a car crash up north of here, early in the morning. Probably drunk, he drove off a really steep hill leading to the River.
    Can't say I was sorry to hear it. I know that's kind of cold, but he was a real son of a bitch.

11. magickman

That's who I think of when I hear this...

interesting how he quotes Arthur Brown's "Fire" in spots of this song
    I never noticed that earlier.

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Ray Lewis got away with murder because he was a good enough athlete. It's well known he commented about the other people in his group "needing to take the fall" because he had an NFL career. He also had blood all over his cloths. For some reason the witness to this changed his story in court. Sounds like some Sopranos style intimidation to me. For many years after that the NFL allowed him to appear on TV doing commentary and working with kids. He was meant to be a cool role model. If he was a plumber he would be in prison now. Point being there are definitely athletes who get away with it because they mean too much to the people.

magickman likes this.
  13. wilsjane

I am sure that thing like that do happen, but here in the UK we generally expect high moral standards from celebrities and people in a position of responsibility. The recent cases of TV personalities being convicted of touching children more than 30 years ago is a good example, Our daughter is a London police officer and even I was surprised at how strict the rules are. One guy was recently convicted of DUI while on holiday. Regardless of the fact that he did not drive a police vehicle, he was sacked on the spot, loosing more than 20 years service and pension. I don't know what things are like in the US, neither do I believe what is posted on You-Tube about American police shooting their way through a shift like a western film. I don't know know if it will surprise you, but London's 31,000 police officers have only shot 3 people within the last 10 years. I can't post too many facts, but I wonder what your reaction is to the fact that the officer who was knifed to death by a terrorist recently (a friend of our daughter) was guarding the houses of parliament armed with a plastic stick and a pepper spray. While I know that all this does not relate directly to the subject of this post, but it may help you understand why a celebrity who committed murder would receive little sympathy from 99% of people here in the UK.

14. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

It was a crime of passion. Imagine a model and a handicapped... not very suitable for each other especially both were so spoiled young people :astonished:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

magickman likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

America is a crazy place. I don't doubt the rest of the world has different standards thankfully. But here fans of Lewis' team still defend him. There was a reporter in that city that was getting death threats because he said he did not believe he was innocent and this is 15 years latter people are still prepared to kill him over that,,

16. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Members

Hello everyone

17. morrow

morrow Visitor

Where have you been? Nice to see you back!

18. magickman

She looks like she's feeling pretty damn good!! Would like to have what she's on...

Cliff Unicorn likes this.
  19. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

... could be she was just in lust...I mean in love....it must have been love...who knows

[​IMG]

magickman likes this.