Origional Purpose

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Sebbi, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

One thing about religion that I find very strange is that people loose their origional cause.

I have a fellow student who if you ask him why he goes to church will reply "To love God"

(There may be a few people who find God inderpendantly from religion and a few of those will probably go to church but frankly most of those people would, in my opinion will practice how they like, inderpendantly of religion.)

People (for the most part) don't decide to start going to church to love god. Most of them will probably start going to find some comfort in a community or to change their life but not simply to love god.

It's similar to healing circles that turn into spiritual cosmetics.

When doing body electronics peoples eyes have been known to change blue with the healing process. Absurdly you now get loads of people doing body electronics and saturating themselves full of enzymes to get blue eyes.

(When doing a body electronics session you saturate yourself with enzymes as they are [for some reason] important to the process, however you shouldn't saturate yourself unless doing a session)

I can't help thinking "hang on, you start healing to change yourlife. It's not as if you get up in the morning and think 'I'm going to get blue eyes'"

Ask yourself why you do certain things and prepare to be surprised.

Blessings

Sebbi

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't know as this is so much strainge or simply a thing that happens

people get so caught up in gritifying their priorities
    that they loose mindfulness of the consiquence of their
    priorities and their motivations for choosing them

if everyone knew how to avoid causing harm,
    wanted to avoid causing harm,
    and went about doing so;
    we would all be living in some kind of paradise.

it is quite possible that there are no real barriers to doing so;
    whatever vested intrests there migh be
    in having us believe that there are.

it is easy for anything that works one time
    to become repeated ritualisticly
    long after its reason and purpose
    has been utterly forgotten

this may not always be a bad thing
    but when it causes harm it causes harm

like anything else

that is prioritised ahead of its real effects
    eventualy does

=^^=
    .../\...

3. osiris

osiris Senior Member

themnax
    the sum of all the universe is 0. Harm seems inevitable as an aspect of Nature's Balancing Act. Were it that every individual piece were independantly balanced, perhaps than harm could be avoided... but then, would we even exist? lol. What is the need for existance if not so that the one great entity can regard itself through its own slanted and schismed dimentia? ick.

sebbi:
    people often feel they need to fool themselves into believing that their motivations are not selfish. why is this? do you think you are any different? howso, and/or why?

much love :)