Origami

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by SurfhipE, May 22, 2004.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

I would like to learn some origami foldings....does anyone know any good sites that help explain STEP by STEP? (I'm a little slow with this stuff, ha.) I'd like to learn like...flowers and simple stuff, I think a guitar if they even hav ethat would be cool! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out :) thanks!

2. serra

serra tentacle girl

origami instructions are the MOST confusing things ever! i can do it if someone showes me but i can never read the instructions.

i can make wicked paper cranes though. it's like a compulsion for me- if i see a scrap of paper sitting around somewhere when i am unoccupied, it will be a crane in about 5 seconds!

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

maybe try a little kids book on origami from the library. i can make cranes and a few other simple things (balloons, frogs, stars, turtles). it's hard to explain how to do it in words, it's more of a look-see kind of thing.

i just googled, and found this: http://www.paperfolding.com/diagrams/ might be an okay place to start.

4. hemp_boy

hemp_boy Member

i have always thought there were easy. eve been doing origami for years now

5. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

well, it would be easy for me if it actuall shoed oyu ALL the folds instead of being like okay..now do the valley fold haha im like what hte heck!?

6. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

Just look at the pictures and forget the words. Also, make sure you get good contrasting paper to learn with as most of those pics will have a dark side and a light side to show you how to do it. I can do this cool trick where I can make a house and then turn the house into a piano. I've been doing origami for 13 years though, but I'm not like those masters in Japan. Those old dudes can make dragons out of like 500 little squares of paper or something, hehe.

7. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

i got an origami a day calender thing that sits on my desk which has definitely widen my range of origami. only problem is that you use the previous days instructions as your paper for folding the next, so i can never really remember them all too well, but i have many many origami things around my room... not sure what to do with all of them.
    love and light

8. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Im the same way... .