Organic Nutes for Autoflower plants

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by cell_491, Feb 6, 2011.

1. cell_491

cell_491 Member

Ok so I've used general hydro brand nutes with my autoflowers in the past and had great success. Anyway I've been thinking about switching to organics for my autoflower plants because the amount of time you need to flush with organics is greatly reduced and as you know with autoflower plants time is critical. If I could get another week and a half of giving the plants nutes I'm hoping I can see bigger yields.

My question is which organic nutes do you guys suggest I use for autoflower plants. I'm thinking of giving the general organics line a try but I'm also floating around the idea of going with advanced nutrients. The only thing with advanced nutrients is that they dont have a "line" of organic nutes, its more of an ala-carte solution where you pick the ones you think you need....and I'm not sure which ones I do need.

Any advice on advanced nutrients organic nutes and or general organics line would be greatly appreciated.

2. cell_491

cell_491 Member

I also need some advice on what growing media I should use. The last time I went with Light Warrior from fox farm but that wasn't dense enough for my taste (my plants started to sink into it). Im thinking either roots organics or just straight coco-coir or maybe even a 50/50 coco-coir/peat moss mix with a couple handfuls of verm, perlite, and crushed oyster shells mixed in for good measure. Any thoughts?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

hehe This sounds familiar, my plant would get top heavy and sink.. High potting like 5gl buckets with stones at the bottom. mix in some lava stone in the middle, and layer just below the surface/. This Will aid in the Flush also, case you get some burns and need to back out of nutes. And rock the soil up with plenty aeration that also retains water. That coco coir will dry really fast. Try not to have it on the surface.
    Grow your plants , with light feeding of your choice, really any feeding early should be weak. Then monitor your leaf colors, stem.. and add slowly.. Add more til lush dark green settles in and follow the directions on the product. Dont panic when seeing burns for the first time..

But always grow enough plants that you can test your skills on some and others you dont go overboard with til you see improvement- or death in the other plants.

This is the best way to grow cannabis/ Gives YOU the grower idea or what and whatnots to do.
    Asking people over the web is helpful, yes... But everyone likes something different. And there are a billion roses in every garden. Keep a journal how you grow your flowers and pass it on..

If you dont have the lighting in the gym, feeding them steroids isnt going to build any muscles.. Fan and Lamps in the weight room makes branching arms strong.. :D

4. cell_491

cell_491 Member

true true I appreciate the advice, isnt it frustrating when you put your plants in what amounts to quicksand haha, I'll definitely give the lava rocks a shot. And yea I've got the lighting down pat. 4 plants under a 250w hortilux super hps and two 45w sunshine systems led panels. Eventually im gonna get a 400 or 600w hps but for these 4 autoflowers I think the 250w and the leds are more than enough.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sounds good.. =)

6. ashleywatson

ashleywatson Guest

Great..... organic products, organic gifts are is in rise, you could have a great future in this.. all the best to you.

7. basementjungle

basementjungle Guest

I tried the General Organics line when it came out. I was not very impressed. Considering how long AN has been making a quality organic I expected GH to at least come up with a comparable copy, but that was not the case.

General Organics doesn't suck, but it's no AN.

As far as your sinking problem is concerned you might try some root stimulators. Look up Voodoo Juice on YouTube, there's a video of a guy with a massively huge root mass that he says he got from that. Also, putting something with stronger structure in the pot will help as has already been advised. I've used hydroton for that since it's light and helps keep the pots easier to move.