organic fertilizer...any opinions?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by budblower10, Jun 6, 2006.

1. budblower10

budblower10 Member

i heard this on the net and i wanted to see what u guys thought. basically....

1. u have 1 cup of alfalfa grinded up to as close to a powder as possible (alfalfa is what rabbits eat, almost like grasS)

2. take that and put it into a stocking and tie the stocking closed.

3. put 3 tablepsoons of epson salt in a 5- gallon bucket filled to about 3 inches shy of the top

4. work the stocking with the alfalfa in the water with ur hands, almost meading it.. it will start to mix and turn a dark green/brown color. do this thoroughly until its a rich dark color

5. let it brew (sit) for 3-5 days.

6. water plants with the brewed result as a fertilizer

i heard this and it actually sounds alright. what do u think? good , possible, terrible ... what lol...i tried it on one plant today and im anxious to see results...if this doesnt seem good, let me know what veg. ferts (preferably organic) that u use

2. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

doesnt sound like the greatest thing.....i mean salt + plants = dead

3. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Dry alfalfa = hay.

You know, like the hay people feed horses.

Anyway I've heard of people doing that with hay before.
    But not as the only thing used as a nutrient. I doubt if it contains the correct amt's of N-P-K a plant requires for optimum growth.

P.S. 3 tablespoons of Epsom salts per 5 gal. water ain't gonna hurt anything.