Oregon has too much weed!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by newo, Jan 5, 2019.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I saw this coming a mile away. The market is very over-saturated with it. After legalization, people came here from all over to buy cheap land thinking they'd make it big in the marijuana industry as a grower. The problem is that everyone and their cousin is growing. Unless you've been an established grower pre-2015, you are not going to make it big here. Many have gone broke.

But on the plus side, the legal marijuana industry as brought in a lot of jobs for people to work in shops, as well as harvesting and processing into oil.

5. newo

I'm thinking we should have a convoy of trucks going from Oregon through Washington, into Canada, going cross country until they cross back into the U.S. in Maine, all places where it's legal, selling it as they go. Then they could go through New Hampshire and Vermont selling it as medical marijuana, finally ending up in Massachusetts where they sell off the remainder.

Sure it's a naïve hippie dream, the government would never allow it, no matter how much sense it makes.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Too bad you aren't able to export to Canada - we are facing a nation-wide shortage of legal pot.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Send it to the Netherlands! If done CHRONICally (yes, pun intended) it both solves Oregons excess problem as our illegal growing industry which is for a large part run by organized crime. We consume enough, we can take it :-D

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

One does not simply
    Have too much weed.

Driftrue and Tyrsonswood like this.
  9. newo

And yet somehow we do. Sadly there are many people in Oregon who still don't smoke pot even now when it's legal. We need them to pitch in and smoke, vape and eat the edibles. Bob Dylan sang it best, Everybody Must Get Stoned!

10. We should be seeing more hashish. So where the hell is it?

It's time to discuss an oil pipeline from the PNW to Miami. Leaks won't be a problem.

idahocowboy likes this.
  11. newo

With other crops the gov't often pays farmers not to grow crops to avoid a surplus. If they won't let Oregonians ship it out then perhaps they should do that instead. I'll spend $1000 on a license and then they can pay me not to grow it! I'm retiring soon, this would make a great extra income!

12. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is part of the reason weed is so cheap in Washington. The market is saturated with everyone who wanted to get into the green business.

13. newo

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sounds like a challenge to me.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That's become a problem in Connecticut because it's legal here in Massachusetts, but just across the border people are being incarcerated.

Some Connecticut group posted this billboard............

[​IMG]

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

18. Can you get a big truck to haul it in and "accidentally" spill it all over the road near my house?

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Pounds of well grown illegal weed were going for $500 a few years ago. It was still a "medical: system then and even with that limited market there was too much. Grouchy growers either got to take the risk of shipping to the Bible belt where the weed is still $50 1/8th or deal with it.

20. newo

I'll get on it right away.

The stats saying we have 6 1/2 years worth of weed in supply doesn't count those who have legally grown their own. You can grow up to 4 plants without a license. Those who do usually keep enough for themselves to last a year and sell the rest mucho cheapo or give it away,