Ordering glass pipe by mail

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by islandgurl, Jun 15, 2006.

1. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Okay I have a quick question. I just ordered a glass pipe from a place in the UK that says they don't use labels when they send it. I'm curious... Is sending a glass pipe not allowed in the U.S.? It's too late either way I've already bought and paid for it, but they said they ship worldwide and had the American flag with a few others and we have places that sell glass pipes in this state, so... whatcha think my fellow pigs? I put my own name and address as well, didn't think anything of it. Hope I didn't do anything stupid, that's not like me. Help me out with info. If anyone can it's you pigs ;)

Peace,
    islandgurl

2. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

i think it depends more on state laws......
    tommy chong's son started an internet headshop and sold bongs with his dads endorsement for a while and he made the mistake of shipping it to somebody in PA (i believe it was PA) which violated a state law which says that sort of thing can't cross state lines INTO PA. Tommy took the fall to protect his son and did time for it recently.

3. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

I heard about Chong (what BS!) but have seen pipes sold in my state. How can they prove it's not for tobacco anyway? Oh well, hope it's okay. I'm not too worried. I figure the worst thing that happens is they take it before I get it, which would be a shame 'cuz it's a cute little glass pipe :)

4. bigloui96

bigloui96 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A certain ammount of 'pot' luck is involved. (Sorry couldnt resist)

Whatever happens you wont be held responsble! Depending on how the package is shipped to you, you may be ok. If it passes the customs check going in to the US you should be fine, if not, the item will just be siezed. If the company says things can be shipped to the US then they cant have had that much problem before. Surely a new glass pipe isnt breaking any laws, though US law isnt my thing!

So in some parts of the US is smoking paraphernalia illegal? Or is it just shipping it into certain states that causes the problem? In the UK its really easy to get hold of an completely legal I think!

5. koopa

I don't know of any states where it is illegal to sell it.........
    I believe just shipping it across state lines into certain states is prohibited. But once again, it was the shipper who got in trouble not the customer.

6. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

at the time he "toomy chong" was busted,2003 it was illegal in 2 state's iowa, an pennsylvania. he sold a bong to a undercover cop in penn.

7. slewsbury

slewsbury Member

I live in Pennsylvania and there is a head shop 10 miles from my house its not illegal to have in pa. Also, I had a pipe sent to me in the mail from canada and had no problem customs opened it to see what it was and everything that was 2 years ago. They can't prove that its not for tobacco use. As for tommy chong i heard he sold one of his personal pieces to an undercover, which you know it had resin in it so thats why he got busted.

8. koopa

The case against him was part of "Operation Pipe Dreams," a national investigation of drug paraphernalia distributors that began in Pittsburgh during the prosecution of Akhil Kumar Mishra and his wife, Rajeshwari, who ran two head shops Downtown in the 1990s.

9. smiley420

smiley420 Member

i think its illegal in virginia to sell pipe's and bong's.......
    when i lived there i had to go to maryland to get my pipe's........
    i use to make acrilic bongs in virginia and sell them to my stoner friends.....

10. koopa

i'll take your word and experience for it, thanks!

11. tajinternational

tajinternational Member

12. tajinternational

tajinternational Member

http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ta...ir=35cdscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%
    3a//in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/taj_international2005/my_photos

send ur feedback at taj_international2005@yahoo.co.in

13. tajinternational

tajinternational Member

http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ta....yahoo.com/ph/taj_international2005/my_photos

give ur feedback at taj_international2005@yahoo.co.in

14. tajinternational

tajinternational Member

http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ta....yahoo.com/ph/taj_international2005/my_photos

give ur feedback at taj_international2005@yahoo.co.in

15. tajinternational

tajinternational Member

16. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

17. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

I received my pipe today... way cool! Said it was sent from the czech republic <shrug> I thought it was a company from the UK. Either way it arrived safe and sound YAY! :)

18. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Looks like the forum is back to normal mode, although you could still get access in the bottom left hand corner and choosing a different style. Just sent you a message about it. No worries it's all working again.

19. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

20. islandgurl

islandgurl Banned

Aw Nem, you're the best :)