Ordering a sandwich at subway

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 22, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Idk, I've never worked at a subway but I've worked at a bunch of food places throughout the years and what NG said about the 15 and 30 min breaks is pretty much how it's been most places I've been at....although some really didn't give breaks, and with others, you'd be workin for some cool people who were kinda laid back and usually smoked them selves and if it wasn't busy, okay go smoke a cig..whatever. but if it gets busy be prepared to just ...work. But if you have time to take a break, take a break and come back. Whatever. Usually you just tell someone to watch your spot but other places they wanna know. I've been at places totally by myself before and would sometimes have to work five hours straight but then it wouldn't be busy and I could take breaks, go to my car and just be watching.

oh...and rainey... I don't think all subway ppl are like that, but I have actually ran into a couple that were like that. But I mean really, you're gonna run into all kinds of people- some friendly some not really...some havin good days, some not. -at any food place, etc.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

There's a Subway down the street from me that for some reason was under construction for over 3 years. It's back now. I haven't been there. I've been to subway, for breakfast, once in the past few years. It was okay... liked it better than the subs really.

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Don't have this problem cuz when i walk in either juan, estaffany or patterson start making my sandwich right away without even asking me. Spicy italian on italian herbs & cheese bread, provologne cheese and chipoltle southwest sauce.

I guess this is a bad thing though because if they all know what i get it means i go there waayyy to much

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

the stuff they call seafood and crab is pretty nasty though.

5. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I despise Subway's service. I have been yelled at so many times for no reason at all. Last time, they fucked up my order, forgot my smoothie and then yelled at ME (I hadn't done anything wrong in the ordering process). So I smeared the sub all over a table and tipped the smoothie over the top.

Probably going to get some negs for posting this - but it was worth it. I have never ordered there since. I just make my own sandwiches - it ain't that hard!

6. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Im pretty sure it's imitation crab like most food places use.

7. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

tbh, subway's so expensive that the only times i can eat there are times when i'm having a private celebration over something, and at the at point, short of grabbing them by the lapels and telling them "i want everything....now". i don't really care too much about them judging my eating habits, i've ordered there once or twice in different circumstances though, and have ordered less than, or not exactly what, i want, because i don't want them to think i'm some kind of tasteless pig.

i just honestly don't think that there's anything which isn't improved with jalapenos.

deal.

8. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Yes, their service sucks and they're always messing orders up...
    I enjoy their food (well somewhat) but the employees are rude. I guess I only go there because it's one of very, very few eateries that have vegetarian options where I live. It would be wise to make my own sandwiches, but sometimes it's nice to just grab something to go..
    Also, I gave you some positive rep for being honest. :p

9. I'm always training my mind to forget when I'm at Subway. To forget to think, to try and avoid all awkwardness. It doesn't work. It makes things worse.

10. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

But it's REAL Subway imitation crab. Just like the REAL Kraft cheese in those macaroni and cheese dinners which is fake cheese.

11. lode

lode Banned

I just brutally insult my sandwich maker for 15 solid minutes before they make my sandwich.

Not because I'm a bad person, but because the secret ingredient in my Ruben is tears.

12. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

^i like your style dude^

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I think it just has to do with you walk in and people are just standing there looking at you. And then they just stand there and you gotta think about what you want and they're just looking and looking.

14. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I like subway, but Togos is where its at!

15. RainyDayHype

this is me after I order my sandwich:
    [​IMG]

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm confused, if you are standing there telling them what you want and basically watching them make your sandwich, how can they fuck up?

I always watch what they put on it, so I have never had any issues, except when the idiot manager closed an hour early once. I complained to the owner and got five free sandwiches. :D

17. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I typed out this exact same response last night but as i hit reply my internet lost connection and didnt come back until this morning.

When I was just reading what you wrote i thought u had quoted me and thats what i was reading.

Now we play the waiting game..

18. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

everything from subway tastes too much like subway

19. RainyDayHype

I wish the thumbs up/thumbs down function wasn't anonymous. Also, I've gotta stop using it cuz it's just fucking lame.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Subways chicken is so rubbery., Goodyear called and asked for the recipe ...