Ordering a sandwich at subway

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 22, 2013.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i am all for the try anything once motto, but if i am buying a sub and there is a mom and pop next to a chain. the mom and pop wins every single time. and although i have never purchased from subway i have eaten one of their subs that someone else purchased. they arent good enough to change my mom and pop first routine.

2. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

Subway is weak. I swear all of new York state has the best deli's

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Subway is the low end of sub shops. There are plenty of other chains that are better, and then local shops. But there subway is the only one near my work. I ordered a salad a few weeks back. I ordered a double chicken chopped salad. She asked me what veggies I would like, so I told her onions, cucumbers, green peppers, and bannana peppers. She handed me a bowl with chicken, onions, cucumbers, green peppers, and bannana peppers. Tossed in ranch.

What, this salad doesn't come with LETTUCE????

*facepalm*

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I think we don't have it here.
    I believe there were several Subway places here, but they were closed.

5. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

6. RainyDayHype

..so, guess I'm having subway for lunch

7. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

are you gonna use the app?

8. RainyDayHype

Hellzzyea! Finally, a useful app.

9. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

ok about the very first post in the thread,, why they seem bothered and all is this...

i used to work fast food at taco-bell, and a&w. their job sucks, and they know it. so that is why they are bothered. they aint paid jack and shit, and particularly at subway (had a few friends that have worked there) THEY HARDLY EVER GET A BREAK!! they get one 30min break in an 8hour shift. that's it, maybe the person making your sandwich just wants a cigg really bad ya know

10. RainyDayHype

ok I guess I'm gonna be the one with a tough/realist response...
    Yeah, most jobs suck...I think they should be grateful they have a job. A lot of people can't find work and would happily take their subway job off their hands. A 30 min break for a 8 hour shift is standard.
    If they don't like it, and they are that miserable, then why don't they look for a job elsewhere? It's customer service and you shouldn't treat the customer like crap or make them feel uncomfortable....
    Just because they hate their job doesn't give them the right to take it out on the customer.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

How is it a con?

It can only be perceived as such if you feel they are trying to coerce you into buying predominately their product.
    Sounds like simple marketing to me.
    If you are a person who frequents Subway, then I can't see any way that it could be considered a con but rather a perk.

12. slappysquirrel

who knows if they are really treating the customer like shit anywayz. i dont know the person that wrote this thread so ya know.

30mins-8hour shift sucks. fuck that.

i dont go to subway anymore really, but when i did the person working i thought was alwayz cool. i never seen anything wrong

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Actually according to law they aren't required to provide any break time.
    Many states have their own laws governing these things, but Florida defaults to the federal laws, but at least the minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum.
    Most employers offer a 10-15 minute break per 4 hours of work and a 30 minute meal break. The small breaks are paid time off, meal breaks are unpaid and considered the employees free time, that is why some places don't offer small breaks.

as far as having to work 8 hours with only one 30 minute break,
    go cry to your momma.......:nopity:

14. RainyDayHype

um I started this thread
    and yes the employees have treated me like shit, on many occasions

15. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

the more customers that go in, the more work they have to do for the same wage as they would get if they didn't have one customer all day. Isn't it understandable that they would do whatever they can to make each customer feel unwelcome, making it less likely for them to go back the next day and create more work for the miserable employee

16. slappysquirrel

i guess, but probly it's also that a lot of the workers are kids that dont give a shit.

and hey i did cry to my mama,, no actually i dont have a job anymore. aint had one in 3 years. i live in a tent, and make jewelry and sell it for money.

so essentially i said "fuck work" i guess. ill get a job when i feel i want one again. but im good at what i do, so fuck it.

WELCOME TO HIPFORUMS. yes, i feel like i should be here

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and eventually nobody patronizes the store, it closes, everyone loses their jobs, problem solved. :rolleyes:

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

subway workers get a break? that must be the best fast food job ever. i don't think i ever got a single break in my 7 years of pizza, and that includes open-close shifts.

i've only had one job that really gave any breaks at all, and it was also one 30 minute break in an 8 hour shift (although my "8 hour" shifts usually ended up being 10-12 hours anyway).

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

breaks depend on the state as for their laws but if you deliver pizza that is considered different then standing at a register all day. in my state there is no required breaks except that you have to allow an employee the ability to have a meal in a clean environment if they work so many hours...i forget if its 5 or 8.

20. odonII

odonII O

You earn 1 loyalty point for every 10p [UK] or 15c [ROI] you spend.

500 points can be redeemed for a regular 6” Sub, wrap or salad and with 1000 points you can redeem for a regular 12″ Sub.

In other words, you need to hand over £100 to Subway to claim a 12 inch sub. To claim a 6 inch sub (which costs as little as £2.29 through the Sub of the Day deal), you’ll need to spend £50 over the counter. You’d have to buy the Sub of the Day 23 times in order to receive another one for free.

It is a loyalty card, so it is trying to keep you loyal by offering you a 'reward' for that loyalty. They are trying to coerce you into choosing them over another.
    If I were to eat there often - lets say twice a week - it would take 4 months for me to get anything back from it.
    So all it seems to do is attempt to keep a high foot-fall in their stores, by dangling something 'free' at the end of it.
    I'm giving them an awful lot, and getting precious little back.

I guess it's a nice little surprise if you go in there every now and again, and then one day you find that sub' is free.

I wouldn't necessarily choose to go in there that often - so a 'loyalty card' would be a bit of a waste of my time.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/are-loyalty-cards-like-the-subcard-all-that-rewarding/33456