Ordering a sandwich at subway

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 22, 2013.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

haha, yea, I've seen this routine of his before..funny stuff
    I do stand up sometimes...maybe I should write a sandwich bit into my material...

2. RainyDayHype

yes, more than one location...
    I think it just may be the un-friendly area of southern california I live in..
    or I'm also starting to wonder if subway is just a horrible company to work for or if they're doing something wrong in their training technique or maybe lack of...

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

could be the company that owns the subways in the area too. i worked for pizza hut for a while, except i wasn't working directly for pizza hut, but a company that owned 80 some franchises in the area. that company was absolutely hell to work for, although from what i've heard, working for actual pizza hut owned stores isn't nearly so ridiculous as that was.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I always seem to get my sub and forget to ask for something to be put on.

Pressure? :)

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I was a server before I became a cook. Not always, but as a general rule...it's almost as if people don't even know WHY they have walked into a restaurant - be it a meat & 3 or a Subway - until someone asks them for their order. Then they would be like...duh :confused:

Then...after significant deliberation...someone always would need to change what they had just thought on SO HARD. (gimmeabreak)

and yes, I'm getting ready for women as a whole to jump on me - it would almost ALWAYS be the women, be it a teen or an old woman like me (lol) that would need something special, extra, left off...oh! WAIT! I need to change that!!! :rolleyes: < usually that would happen as I was walking off after this Most Difficult Decision To Eat had been made. :2thumbsup:

6. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

My first drive thru experience at a Subway (Flagstaff, Az.):

Order taker: Hello, welcome to Subway, what can I get for you today?

Me: Foot long black forest ham please.

Order taker: What kind of bread (etc etc). I felt like I was inside the store making my order. I could visualise the toppings as I ordered them. It was awesome. The people and the sub were great.

Second drive thru experience (Phoenix, Az.):

Order taker: Hello, are you ready to order?

Me: Foot long black forest ham please.

Order taker: ...Anything else?

Me: ...Um.. on wheat bread.. :confused:

Order taker was normal after that. But I was thrown for a loop for a second there, lol.

Sometimes I wish I could just press buttons to order instead of trying to talk to a drive thru person.

7. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I tried the avocado the last time I was at Subway. The TV commercials have pictures of it being about a half inch thick (which I thought might be a bit much) but then he put two little scoops on the bread and spread it out and I was thinking "That's it?". I don't think I would order that again. You could not even taste that it was there.

8. Leila_xo

Leila_xo Member

I felt the same I love subway sandwiches but I couldn't order them because of my low confidence and also I like A LOT of things in my sandwich so I can be picky lol

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I could never work at subway, the customers would drive me fucking insane. I don't mind ordering a sub and I try not to make the employee ask too much. First I say "I'll have a fool long ham on honey oat, regular cheese, not toasted". I know their going to ask so I tell them before, sometimes they ask if I want it toasted anyway because they were distracted or whatever then I just say no thanks, it's no big deal. Then for veggies "I'll have everything except cucumbers and jalapenos" I like to pronounce them "gell-a-pinos" because it usually annoys some asshole behind me. Do you say Jesus or Hey-seus? I mean fucking get over it. Maybe I'm the asshole, I don't know... and then "mayo and mustard please", "That's great, thanks". Sometimes I get a little bit more of something or a little less, so what, God damn it that's life. As long as they don't screw up completely and give me a sub with those disgusting cucumbers.

What really annoys the piss out of me is having to listen to some overly picky bitch micromanaging the placement of her fucking pickles. Oh Jesus these people make my skin crawl and my mind race with flashing homicidal images... "and I'll have just a little bit of light mayo... a little bit more... a little bit more... a little bit more..." AHHHH!!! I need my pills.

10. Spectacles

I am shy also but I am very clear about what I want on the sub because I am also picky. Usually turkey, provolone, spinach, tomato, pickles, banana peppers, olives with ranch or oil and vinegar dressing. :2thumbsup:

11. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

OMG! I had this tonight! Crayzyy

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So what is that thing that looks like meat? :p

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I worked at subway for two years when I was 17and 18. Some of the customers were really fucking annoying, like the people that would say they wanted everything on it then you go to put green peppers on and they're like "Oh no no no, not that ".and then they do the same thing with the three other veggies.

I'm sure I had an attitude with people like that but for the most part I was a friendly sandwich artist. I worked lunch in a busy commercial area so we would have a line out the door every day. Our regulars could spit their order out quickly but I'm sure anyone who wasn't a regular felt rushed as hell. Of course if we didn't rush and get them through the line quick enough they would bitch about that too because that is the nature of working in the service industry.

14. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I've probably never had a sub you've made, but I still wanted to say thank you.

Every single time I've gone to any Subway (anywhere) I always feel like I want to go back there again!

:2thumbsup:

15. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i like the tuna footlong with lettuce tomato and onion...

16. RainyDayHype

LMAO.
    and good technique, that's pretty much what I try to do, but yea, even if I say what kind of bread and not toasted and all that ahead of time, they tend to still ask me...:confused:

Are you a virtual sandwich?...

that's the vegetarian patty

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i used to do that in a lot of places, but when it became clear that they don't really listen anyway, i stopped bothering.

besides, my years in pizza taught me to just let the worker take the lead. i know it doesn't really apply in subway, but in places where they have to put the order into the computer, there is often a specific order that you have to input the information. i don't know how many times i've had this conversation:

me: thanks for calling *pizza place*, can i get your phone number?

customer: i'll have a large pizza with pepperoni, ham, and onions.

me: what's your phone number?

customer: and another large pizza with sausage and mushrooms.

me: ok, i need your phone number before i can start taking the order.

customer: and 20 hot wings with ranch sauce.

me: i can't do anything until i get your phone number.

customer: and i'm going to pay with a credit card.

me: great, what's your phone number so we can get started?

customer: 555-555-5555

me: thanks, and what did you want to order again?

customer: I JUST TOLD YOU!!!!!

is this for real?

coincidentally, i just finished eating my first quiznos sub in years. there weren't any quiznos in the last two places i lived.

18. Spectacles

Here once you have ordered over the phone they have your phone and address come up when you call in. The first time it was kinda freaky that they knew where I was calling from. They had that for a dozen years or so.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the address is usually saved in the system, but it is under your phone number so they still need the number to bring up the rest of your info. and despite all the customers that like to inform the employee that the pizza place has caller ID, in reality a vast majority of them don't (between where i've worked and where i've filled in, i've worked in about 15 different stores and only one had caller ID).

on a related subject, don't inform the person taking your order that he has your credit card info on file. he doesn't.

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?