Orbitz Drink

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by dixie_pixy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

How about Orbitz? I loved this sugary, thick shit. I wish they still made it. I wish I had some bottles left over and had realized they weren't going to continue making it.

[​IMG]

From Wikipedia

Orbitz was the product name of a noncarbonated fruit-flavored beverage, made by the company Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation (makers of Clearly Canadian), that had small edible balls floating in it. It was introduced around 1996 and quickly disappeared due to poor sales.
    The small balls floated due to their nearly equal density to the surrounding liquid, and remained suspended with assistance from an ingredient known as gellan gum. The gellan gum provided a support matrix--something like a microscopic spider web--and had a visual clarity approaching that of water, which increased with the addition of sugar.
    Orbitz came in five flavors:

• Raspberry Citrus (introductory flavor)
    • Blueberry Melon Strawberry (introductory flavor)
    • Pineapple Banana Cherry Coconut (introductory flavor)
    • Vanilla Orange (introductory flavor)
    • Black Currant Berry (introduced later)
    • Charlie Brown Chocolate (introduced much later)
    The website for Orbitz existed for a while, but was taken over by the Internet travel agency of the same name (see Orbitz).
    Unopened bottles of the beverage have become somewhat of a collector's item in recent years.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have no idea what you're talking about....

3. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

It's a drink that looked like lava lamp, had lil ball candy in it. Japan makes a drink like it now.

4. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

You just weren't exposed to it. It's ok. It was a short lived thing but I always had to have one of these funky little drinks when I was younger.

5. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

Holy flashback batman!! They used to sell that stuff at school when i was in 7th grade! We used to get the white & call it sperm. LOL dorky preteens funtimes :)

6. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I had to buy it at the grocery store. My school only had Fruitopia in the cafeteria.

[​IMG]

8. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

I only ever had one bottle, the yellow.

9. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I never had it, seems kinda weird. Also the sperm comment, I wish I could say I was any better....

10. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Wow. That's pretty awesome looking :eek: