Oprah for President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lol! I'll take one in my bank account

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Depends on who she's running against and what her platform is.

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I sort of wish Bernie Sanders were the only logical choice. Like a Sanders vs. Trump election. That would be better. If Oprah runs she will probably win. :)
    I like Oprah Winfrey, but I don't think she knows that much about politics. But then maybe you don't have to know very much about politics. I just don't know.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Faultiest statement in this thread ;)

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am still pulling for Bernie....I am loyal like that, as he has all of my confidence in him.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

wInd-fairy can blow it out here ass. Or maybe just offer DT a blow job like all the other hollyweird goofs.

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Look at the inept orange idiot that is in the WH now...he babbles and can't express 2 coherent thoughts in complete sentences one behind each other. He knows less about politics than any president in my lifetime...

So NO of course you don't have to know much about politics to be president! #45 taught me that! :D

At least Oprah wouldn't be an embarrassment all over the world, as well as I'm convinced she would not promote the "divide and conquer" strategy that seems to be #45's ONLY strategy.

As far as Bernie goes, here is a quick blurb that quite succinctly describes him:
    "Feb 23, 2016 - He also mounted independent challenges against Democrats, including Vermont's first female Democratic governor in 1984, and reiterated that he had no party affiliation. "I am not now, norhave I ever been, a liberal Democrat," he said in a 1985 New England Monthly profile, according to Politico."
    I'm sorry...he tried to get nominated under the Democratic platform and he failed - ALSO HE LIED when he wanted to come off as a Democrat when really he has said more than that one time he isn't a Democrat. I would respect him more had he just been HONEST and tried to get elected as an Independent...but he didn't, so I will never trust him.

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, Oprah would be the first woman President and a black to boot...so that would be a major accomplishment. I just need to know how she feels about a greener, kinder earth for all living beings first...my main concern always.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I vote Tulsi Gabbard as the first female president, she has a moral backbone and she can appeal to both sides of the aisle. And she's from my generation, we need to inject some fresh blood into politics anyways

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is the new norm in America. A successful business person will run. Since they have money they are good Americans. Experience is not respected. I doubt either Opera or Trump would accept being a governor. It is beneath them they demand more. Both of them have enormous egos. Really two sides of the same coin. Opera no doubt would be more compassionate in areas such as immigration and health care but she is not qualified.

The right really needs Oprah to be popular so they have a melt down about "oh so now you guys have a Trump so you are hypocrites" but she's not. We have one speech that each side will blow out of proportion in their own way. The thing about the left is they understand how foolish a choice she is. Which side has elected not one but two TV stars despite always bitching about a "liberal biases" in that area?

Moonglow181 likes this.
  11. soulcompromise

I thought about it a little bit, and I almost feel like she's possibly a better candidate for not having lots of political experience. Why? Because she won't bow down to corporate stakeholders (I hope) which is what we see often enough with those who must rely on large donations to foster their campaigns.

She seems infallible in so far as corruption is concerned.

I'm curious. What do you think would be a downfall of not having enough political experience. At this point, my thoughts are that it can't be worse than what we're getting now. :)
    Here's hoping for the best in 2020!

Lynnbrown and Moonglow181 like this.
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Grasping at straws. Yes, she is respected. Yes she is more left than right. What both parties need at this time is the infusion of new , young people ( and MORE women ) to start replacing the old ones that have been there for years . I'm sure Pelosi is knowledgeable at her job and I'm sure her counterpart is equally as knowledgeable at his job----but it's time to let a new generation take this joint over. Personally, I would want them to be to the left politically and hopefully stop this madness taking place now. People that would, for one thing, get rid of the Citizens United take over by the monied class.

Meliai likes this.
  13. unfocusedanakin

The downfall is she is no idea what she is doing. Like Trump she lives in a bubble where everyone kisses her ass. She will not do well when she is challenged. I've even heard a few stories about her temper and attitude to white people. Maybe not true but we already have a certain type of white person who feels like the victim. Obama was so mean to them because he was black etc. As silly as those people are if want to bridge the political gap we kind of have to give in. So a women like Opera is not a smart choice. Years latter they still go on about Obama causing the racial divide. Of course it's not a man that openly supports Nazis or the attitude they themselves bring it's the man who happened to be black. Opera would be MUCH more vocal about race relations then Obama. Just watch her old shows. She's black and she knows the struggle. Sometimes you have to be the bigger person when dealing with idiots.

It's sad to me that Americans now are ready accept such low standards. If I walked into Burger King today and demeaned to be a manager they would say no you never even worked the drive through. Who cares if I say "but I am a fast food outsider". Same idea with the president but on a much larger scale. Promotions require experiences as does being a leader. What has this women done? She had a talk show that unemployed women watched. The show made them feel good about themselves but it has nothing to do with politics.

scratcho and soulcompromise like this.
  14. soulcompromise

I see what you mean. I guess I'm feeling like she's our best hope despite the lack of experience. I would love to see new social policy implemented, such as free tuition at universities, and free healthcare. There are others but those two are off the top of my head! :sunglasses:

15. unfocusedanakin

Yes she might be the best chance to dethrone Trump. Trust in the traditional Democratic party is gone. People don't like Hillary and many believe Bernie was cheated. They will have a hard time finding a carter politician to run.

16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

So this is the future of American politics? Celebrities with zero political experience are running the most powerful office in the world?

17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Isn't that what they said about Trump?

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

19. Noserider

The basin is where it's at. Get out of the hills. Anyone who volunteers to live amongst fires and mudslides shouldn't run a country

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Dr Phil should have her on his show, just to make sure shes mentally fit. After all she is an admitted crackhead.

Irminsul likes this.
  21. Noserider

Fuck Oprah. Fuck Dr. Phil.

All they do is exploit other people's imperfections for fame and financial gain.

"Oh you're fat and feel sorry for yourself? Well, you should. Gimme more viewers!"

tumbling.dice likes this.