opiate lounge

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by la Principessa, Nov 14, 2009.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea, I don't know..that's how my husband is w benzos. They just knock him out. He likes them if he needs to sleep but that's all they're usually good for for him. I think for me it may be because I have problems w anxiety... or- just something about how they work on me personally (kinda like how stimulates work like...well, a stimulate for some people and for others, it calms them down)... I have taken large amounts of benzos plenty of times but honestly wayyy more often than that, I would just take a couple, a functioning amount just to make things a little nice and easier... dunno how to explain it really because I don't think they work the same way with everybody as they work with me. Yea, the withdrawls from them are pretty bad... and can kill you (which I'm sure everyone already knows)... the only time I was gonna have to go through a pretty serious benzo w/d I actually went to my family doctor... couldn't find any other way to get them in time and I was coming off of a few months of taking 6 or 7 mg's a day... had two pills left and no chance of getting any for a week... so I went to my family doc, explained the situation and my fam doc gave me a script and a plan to wean off ... he was like "if you don't do this correctly this time tho you're gonna have to go elsewhere to get more"... but yea he gave me plenty to safely stop taking them.
    Then after that I never ever allowed myself to daily take more than 2 or 3 mgs and ALWAYS made sure if I was taking it daily that I always had enough to wean myself off safely. I don't mess w benzo w/d's. Yuck.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Right now (since I found out I was pregnant.. I'm currently about 10 weeks along)... I am starting to go nuts wondering when in the hell I'll get my energy back and feel normal from stopping my suboxone. When I found out I was preg, I called my sub doc, got switched to subutex (no naloxone) and then weaned myself down from 6 mg to zero. I've been stopped totally for a couple of weeks now and am just very, very very tired and still have the yawning, watery eyes and sometimes even cold... it's not super super bad. But just hoping it passes soon cause it's about driving me nuts.
    Hoping within a week or two I should be normal...

3. oxyqueen

oxyqueen Member

@AT... I know it's not easy, but stay strong and intact. I'm already proud of ya, & congrats on the baby! ♡:daisy: ♥

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Thanks. :) Yea, I shall be okay... coming off of suboxone is just really annoying to me because the tiredness can last for soo long. It's funny tho cause it's really hard to even tell WHY I'm tired, as when you're pregnant (and chasing around a toddler already)you can be tired as it is...coming off of suboxone, you're tired too. So, I'm just double tired and wishing it would end already. Shouldn't be too much longer though. The doctor said I could have either stayed on the subutex (not suboxone, the naloxone is not safe most likely...) or switched to methadone... but really I'd only been taking subs a few months and wasn't on a super high dose so I figured... just wean safely off and stop.... I know plenty of ppl have babies while they're on one or the other but for me I really don't wanna have to deal w a newborn being addicted to bup or methadone. Doesn't seem fun or fair to me at all.. .but that's just me. If someone else isn't strong enough and is gonna be either shooting dope or taking methadone, by all means, take the methadone. But for me.. I don't have any desires to do/take/consume anything when I'm pregnant- I can already see that I'm starting to show (show faster after first kid) so ...constant reminder (not that I need one really but it helps lol).
    neways, end ramble :) thanks again :)

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Super proud of you AT. When I worked in hospital pharmacy, we had to wean several babies off methadone. Hearing those newborn withdrawal screams is heart breaking.

6. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

I've spoken about this on the forums before, but I'll talk about it again; a girl I used to know because she was the girlfriend of an old friend of mine, pretty much my 'partner in crime' and the person with whom I maintained a very long opioid-centric relationship with, was inducted into a Methadone clinic the very day she walked in and without hesitation because at the time she was a few weeks pregnant.

What makes this profoundly disturbing is that at that time she was also, at least in my opinion, not an opiate addict; her boyfriend (my friend) was prescribed a very high amount of OxyContin 15mg (I believe something like 160 a month) as well as Percocet 5mg (120 a month) and her 'habit' was to take one or two of his Percocet 5mg without his knowledge from his prescription bottle a few times a week, coming to a total of on average 25mg - 35mg per week, hardly even 100mg per month. So with an 'addiction' of that magnitude, she walked into a Methadone clinic and gave a urine test, was revealed to be pregnant and inducted immediately at 30mg daily. The last I heard, she was at 300mg Methadone daily and I recall bringing my friend to the hospital after their daughter was born and seeing the baby receiving a weaning with Morphine while the mother laid in the hospital bed high as a kite and positively euphoric, meanwhile the baby was in agony.

I've seen few things in my life which were more heart breaking than this spectacle and find it unbelievably incredible that she is on such a high dose of Methadone every day while someone like me, with her month habit as my breakfast, was put on waiting lists and received no benefits. That couple, before they broke up (and the children were taken away by Children of Youth program) were receiving $120 a week in food stamps, welfare checks, unemployment checks, free healthcare benefits, and ultimately the boyfriend was given a $32,000.00 direct deposit from a work-related injury (which of course was depleted in a matter of about 40 days).

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Thanks MAMA. :)
    Well... all I can say is, years ago I watched some tv show-I forget what it was called really. But in more than one episode I saw girls that were on methadone and pregnant and then they'd show them and the babies after labor and show the babies born addicted and put in the NICU... and show the mothers having to come in and visit their babies that had to stay there, for sometimes, months. And yea...the babies just didn't look good at all--- I knew right away, years ago, from watching that that I would never have a baby born addicted to methadone, suboxone, or anything else...
    I ALSO know it is not safe to just-STOP- taking those things. If you are going through a bad withdrawl, then it can really hurt the baby...
    so that's why for me, first thing I did when I found out was call the sub doc, got switched to subutex, because the naloxone in suboxone is what is super dangerous to babies... I was on 6 mg the day I found out. I went down to 4 mg the next day... took it for two days, went down to 3 mg.. well, long story short... within a week I was at 1 mg-quickly went down and did another 5 days total at .75, .5 and then .25... stopped with no real bad withdrawls- which is what I wanted...did NOT want a baby born addicted to that shit-ALSO did not a baby to have to deal with very bad w/d's. I've had some yawning, watery eyes, tiredness and even a LITTLE chills... the tiredness is seeming never to end...actually, past couple days I've been starting to feel a lot more energetic. :) Bottom line is, I don't feel it's been anything I can't handle-even with quitting cigs and nicotine gum at the same time... and pregnancy symptoms... so not harmful to the baby. And my POINT is... if I can safely do it, anyone can safely do it. Even if someone is at a higher dose and needs to take a bit longer to wean off..it is totally possible to do it in a safe way and in my opinion MUCH more preferable to have a baby born addicted to that shit. To me it's a no brainer.

Now... I HAVE actually seen preg women shooting heroin before... not my friends... not anyone I knew... people I saw in a house before... that is just disgusting to me and if you're gonna be doing all that, then yea, get on methadone. But I don't know how anyone couldn't control themselves when they are pregnant.

Ugh. That stories terrible. And excuse me for saying this as these are or were friends of yours... but she sounds like a very selfish/self centered person because I fail to believe that anyone, at the level she was taking would truly think she was soooo addicted to opiates as to need to be on such a high level of methadone while pregnant.
    When I went to the methadone clinic..well, first of all two preg girls came in the same day as me and got started that day (I got started the next day)... the one preg girl that started the day before me was one of quite a few people that I would regularly see in there nodding off during the group things we would often have to do and also in the waiting room. There was also this mother and her son, who was no more than 18 years old... they'd go in there together and the son would be nodding off to the point of falling asleep beside his mom during group.
    anyway...As for me... just read the part up top of what I wrote back to MAMA. :)

8. *MAMA*

Magic rocks, that's a heart breaking story :(. I'll never understand how people can be so selfish in regards to their children.

AT, you absolutely are correct about weaning. It's extremely dangerous to go through withdrawals while pregnant. The same goes for legal addictions. Babies born addicted to nicotine are almost just as bad.

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yep...that's why I made sure to wean off as quickly as I possibly could WITHOUT things being too bad. I knew if it got to be too bad for me then I wouldn't be the only one it was too bad for.

Now..nicotine...hm, you're not supposed to wean off of that I don't think?... hmm, well, too late anyways.

10. *MAMA*

You don't have to wean off nicotine, but the after birth withdrawals for the baby are almost as bad

11. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Damn Magic, that has to be one of the saddest story's I've read on addict, I'm sure there are worse but bringing a child into the world like that, sort of pisses you off and makes you cry at the same time!

12. genevabee

genevabee Guest

im new to these forums and Im an opiate addict. so who wants to talk? I need somebody to talk to ; (

13. genevabee

genevabee Guest

WOW...I love you guys too! Are these forums dead??

14. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yeah i guess the forums are pretty slow. this thread is usually pretty active i thought..

so what's up, genevabee?

15. genevabee

genevabee Guest

Hey porkstock
    I wish these forums werent so dead as the life of a n opiate addict is a crazy one & there is much to talk about! Besides, I just love talking to people of my kind. So I guess I should start w...whats your story? Im an almost 24 yr old opi addict livin in LA. I have depression issues related to the drugs. Im a super friendly person. Im a go go dancer & stripper. I have strawberry blonde hair. I love cats. I speak a little German. And Im terrified of clingy people...probably BC Im a Sagittarius. Well thats me...haha! Wie bist du?

16. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

well, i'm not actually an opiate addict. but i do occasionally take some painkillers for recreation and post in the opiate lounge.

i'm 29, married, and have a cat.
    i have some family / friends that struggle with opiate addiction. i'd rather smoke weed or take a psychedelic. yo hablo un poco espanol

17. genevabee

genevabee Guest

Ohh lucky lucky. But good for you...and sorry about your family members that are struggling with the same addiction as I. Its a very hard thing opiate addiction. My situation is pretty bad...I get sick alot.
    I forgot to add, Im a makeup artist so if any ladies need their makeup done for photos or whatev! Just throwin that out there =]
    And cats are the best. Mine are so damn cute. Why do they have to be so damn cute.

18. genevabee

genevabee Guest

These forums are pretty cool but I must admit I ventured into the Kinky section and I was quite disturbed by some of the sh*t I read in there. Monster fetish...wtf??? Incest...Oh God =/

waynedunn likes this.
  19. Ancalagon

Ancalagon Members

Sup Genevabee, yea, these forums might be dead, but I dunno bout all that kinky stuff you're talkin bout. dunno if I wanna read it, lol

20. R66R

R66R Members

Hi everyone!!