Open Relationship With Bisexual Husband.

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by ohjoyitsjulie, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

That's awesome. Sounds like you and your wife have a great marriage. Honesty and communication being the key to make it all work.

jmadre likes this.
  2. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

That's awesome. Sounds like you and your wife have a great marriage. Honesty and communication being the key to make it all work.

jmadre and Poplo. like this.
  3. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

This is Mrs Poplo want to ask a question about our open marriage.................ask away and I'll try to answer you!

jmadre likes this.
  4. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Yes communications between both of us is the key. When she gets the hots for a guy she always tells me and if she want to be with the guy she tells me then she goes after the guy no matter if I'm with her or not then she meets the guy where ever he wants her to meet him. She always keeps in touch with me where ever she goes with the guy via cell phone. ............

jmadre and DaveTheBiGuy like this.
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I was in an open Bi marriage, and it worked for us. I realized that she had deep and compelling atavistic needs which as a man I'd never be able to fulfill, and vice versa.
    Our main rule was that there are 'friends' (FWB), and there are 'lovers' (us), and to never confuse the two.

6. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

This is Mrs Poplo..............want to talk!.. ..........

7. Ralfee

Ralfee Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mrs Poplo, would you share from YOUR perspective on what it is like being married to a bi husband?

jmadre and FWKbi like this.
  8. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

jmadre likes this.
  9. Windman

Windman Members

OH, OH pick me, pick me!! Lol that has to be a very lucky guy. And then the though of coming home with your wife and playing with her husband is too much to take!

jmadre and dd788snipe like this.
  10. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Honey you silly...............Mrs Poplo.......

Windman likes this.
  11. dd788snipe

dd788snipe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

12. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Sex is a driving force to deal with.........................Mrs Poplo....but I have learn to deal with it....lol

jmadre likes this.
  13. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

It's a must to make it work and it has to continue if you want it to last............Mrs. Poplo

jmadre likes this.
  14. Shandi1979

Shandi1979 Newbie

My BF of over 20 years recently came out to me as Bisexual. It was a total surprise. This is all very new to me. He's my entire world and I love him more than words can ever say. We've been friends since 7th grade. We were very close growing up - I would even say best friends. He was even a groomsman in the wedding to my first husband, then 100% there for me when that relationship fell apart due to domestic abuse. It was through that support and strong friendship that our relationship grew, and eventually our 20+ years of commitment began. He said that before we got together, he had a number of experiences with men as he was exploring his bisexuality (which he never spoke of), but he was committed to me when we got together, so all that stopped, and he never strayed from our relationship.

I've had a number of serious health issues that have limited our sexual activity over the past few years, and due to that, his needs were not being fulfilled. He said that due to our situation, he started having thoughts again about his sexual desires, and began to figure out what was going on for him. I knew in my mind for years that we would have to address our practically non-existent sex life at some point, but he seemed fine with the status quo, so we never did. But I was preparing myself that there would be another woman at some point in time, and that my life would be turned upside down. I obviously was wrong. Once he figured himself out, that was when he decided to tell me that he is bisexual.

He says that he is a heteroromantic bisexual - that he only loves women but wants sex with both men and women. He wants to remain in a committed relationship with me, and says that he loves me deeply and purely, but wants sex with guys - but nothing with any emotional attachment or commitment - just sex. He calls it "utilitarian" for fulling his needs. We are going to try an open relationship. I set a few ground rules, which I feel are reasonable, such as always letting me know where he is, coming home every night, being safe, getting on PrEP, etc. and he agreed to them without issue. I also wanted proof of commitment more than his words - something tangible. I never wanted to get married again after the both physical and emotional mess that was my life after my first husband. He never had any strong need to get married either. I still don't want to get married, but at this point in time, I want a ring - to show his commitment to us. He agreed to that as well without hesitation.

I am determined to work on getting creative to making our sex life better between us going forward. It's going to be tricky physically to navigate - but where there's a will there's a way. I want this new chapter of our lives to work. He agreed that there would be no more secrets on his end, and we will both be totally open about everything, and be willing to ask any questions of each other no matter how awkward or intimate. We've talked more in the last 10 days than we have in 20-plus years.

I honestly believe that this will work out fine in the big picture - I just have a lot of water to navigate through. I feel like I have to mourn/grieve the "old part" of us to allow the "new part" of us to happen, yet I'm not sure how I need to do that. I know that there will be hard parts as we go - like me emotionally getting through the first time he actually hooks up. One of the things that I know I need to work on will be jealousy. Even though he says these hook-ups are just sex, I feel he will have to prove to me that is the case. He is going to Punk Rock Bowling in Vegas Sept. 23-27. We decided to solely work on our relationship prior to that event without him hooking-up. So, Vegas is where his first hook-up will be. I've got some things going on to keep me busy while he is gone, so I won't be inside my own head wondering what he is doing every minute. But I acknowledge that there will be some tears along the way.

I apologize for this being so long. I came across this forum, and found, after lots of reading, that there are lots of other couples who have navigated through similar situations. Any input is greatly appreciated.

15. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

I have to leave but when I'm back we'll figure this out......promise.

dd788snipe, jmadre and Shandi1979 like this.
  16. trieditall72

trieditall72 Members

I am that guy. Very similar to your bf. My wife has shared me with other men and women, but after all the crazy shit, we keep to ourselves now. She loves to put a strapon on and fuck me. I love giving control to her. It has made us very close on every level. We seldom have normal sex. She doesnt get off on me fucking her, but she does when she fucks me with her strapon.

Nothing wrong with it all. As long as you are both a part of whatever happens, you will find that accepting his desires will make your relationship that much better. At this point for me, I dont need a dick. She denied me for penile pleasure for a few months now, but I cum every time she puts on her strapon and takes control.

Enjoy the fact that your man knows what it feels like to be fucked. It will bring you closer than ever before.

17. Shandi1979

Shandi1979 Newbie

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. Since we started this journey 2 weeks ago, we started adding a dildo into our new more-creative sex life, where I would use it to fuck him in the ass. He enjoys it, and I like seeing him enjoy it, as well as I like seeing him happy that we are working together. Again - new waters for me to navigate through emotionally - but every step forward is positive for us. I mentioned a strap-on to him, and after talking about it, I'm sure it will be one of the new things we explore as me move forward. We have been talking a lot - daily - about every little piece of our relationship, and dealing together with how to embrace this new version of us. It's been both refreshing and rewarding having him be 100% honest with me.

18. Steveh

Steveh Members

Yes, i enjoy being fucked like a female

topper and dd788snipe like this.
  19. topper

topper Member

I never had thought of going in this direction until my wife suggested it. Years ago we went through several phases of sexual enjoyment. We made an agreement to try Bi. We had an opportunity to do something with a female friend, or I should say, she had the opportunity. Years went past and we found ourselves in a situation where she couldn't do anything. Her suggestion was to do it with our very close gay friend. He was also a senior who recently lost his long time partner. My wife always suggested that I try it with him. It would be good for both of us. She also reminded me of our arangement, decades ago. There was nothing to loose. First time, he just gave me a bj and I had to tell my wife all about it. The second time, my wife watched and almost insisted that I retun the favor. I was open to the idea and discovered sucking cock was ok. We would get together from time and take care of each others needs but it wasnt nearly enough, especially when he moved to Philly.
    My wife never had an ounce of jealousy and nothing but encouragement, basicly because she loved to watch. I do it now with an old very close friend. Both wives know and encourage us to get it out of our system. No jealousies anywhere.

20. topper

topper Member

We have made a deal where, if she can watch, she will reward me by fucking me with a big dildo, or the strapon. She truly enjoys watching gay sex and especially enjoys watching us .