Opana (oxymorphone)

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by kil0, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kcstarr

kcstarr Guest

okay, i'm an old dude. i quit most psychotropics except ayahuasca more than 25 yrs. ago. Been clean and sober since that time; however, my belief system is that, some plants are teachers, literally, in altered states of consciousness. i'm a really old hipster who managed to live past the Sixties ( what a glorious decade - no heavy duty std's to worry about; drug dealing was a gentleman's trade, and honor, quality and reputation were the coin of the cannabis vocation. Boy, quaaludes were really quite euphoric and hypnotic. The last drug I abused was Ecstasy in the mid-eighties (I was also drinking a qt. of single malt Scotch/day). Because of my interest in ethnobotany and cross-cultural spirituality, I do believe there is a category of Plant Teachers, I put peyote, san pedro, ayahuasca, iboga, mushrooms, etc.and other entheogens in that category. My personal ethic is that these plants are to be used respectfully, ideally in sacred time/space under the supervision of a Master.

As an old geezer I'm somewhat repelled by all this talk of shooting this, that, etc. but you get judgmental about this kinda shit when you get to be my age - too many friends died on their journeys. But I'm posting primarily to be as objective as possible about some major drugs that do offer varying degrees of risk. After many years of studying altered states of consciousness, with a number of indigenous peoples all over the world, using shamanic techniques (except for aforementioned Plant Teachers), e.g, Sun Dancing with the Lakota on the Rosebud and Pine Ridge Sioux Reservations, studying under respected Teachers in Peru and Bolivia, Grof Holotropic Breathwork, etc. I had a major 'health event' that nearly killed me and left me with chronic, severe back pain. I went thru hell trying to find a doctor who knew the well-researched field of pain management following protocols which utilize high dose opioids. I put on a 100 mcg/hr Duralgesic (Fentanyl) patch every other day and use up to 10 10-mg Opana's per day for break-thru pain. Here's the dirt - they are pretty close to oxycodone as to effect. I used to be on oxy's for years @ the equivalent dose. My doctor is highly intelligent and equally beautiful, told me (and most other legit sites like medline) that oxymorphone (Opana) is 50 per cent stronger than oxycodone w/the caveat (as someone on this forum wisely wrote), that each of us can react with a great deal of variance to different drugs. I think that the "fifty percent stronger" report is an overstatement of Opana's strength when compared to oxycodone. I used to love opiates many years ago, but now no longer look at them as recreational vehicles - not because of any moralistic reason but, given my outlandish history of drug abuse and dependence (I knew chemists @ Berkeley and used to smuggle Afghan hashish even before I turned 21). I don't say that to try to be a super-hepcat, but only to establish some street cred. At this point, I'm more interested in the efficacy of opioids in their ability to hinder pain than I am in getting high. Again, I have no intention of being moralistic; I just prefer to keep myself as pain free as possible and, luckily, given my younger proclivity for finding that risky path between the ultimate peak of pleasure and death, I am only interested in the relief of pain. I have several friends, however, who suffer from different manifestations of pain who will ingest in whatever manner possible their meds to achieve maximum euphoric effect, bypassing the level needed to achieve the alleviation of pain. In other words, they go for the high and then suffer the rest of the month. It should be noted that as you get to my age, it is far easier to score pharmaceuticals legitimately. As a now retired psychotherapist, I have dealt with thousands of people who have abused narcs for years. I was even friends with the legendary Wm Burroughs (he did enjoy his last decade - he was on methadone and drank like a fish - if u wanted any level of coherency, u had to catch him between eleven a.m. and 2 p.m. But, as old farts tend to do, I'm rambling. I simply wanted to add a voice of rationality to some of these posts that I think are way off mark as to potency. Opana (alias oxymorphone) is fifty percent stronger than oxycodone, as reported by doctors and researchers that have no personal, experiential knowledge or relationship with these drugs. While not all doctors are arrogant assholes (just 80 percent, or so, depending upon one's random luck), I do respect most of the psychonauts that compare experiences rather than relying upon doctors who are do slanted, unscientific research that is paid for by Big Pharma. In other words, they report what their masters tell them to report. I'm not real crazy about being dependent upon these synthetic opium analogues, but when given the choice of pain which would, quite frankly, be less attractive than suicide, I am grateful for a doctor who I do not have to bullshit. Because of my intake of prescribed pain killers, I do suffer from a certain stigma that people have about drugs with high profiles of possible abuse. Just fyi, I do believe in harm reduction as the only viable approach to addiction problems and, as a social experiment, prohibition has never worked and only sets up an environment for large scale crime organizations (and I include the CIA in this category) and filling our prisons to the point that this "free culture" incarcerates the highest percentage of its own people compared to ANY other country in the world. So... I have rambled on far too long. I would suggest that many of you are, perhaps, divulging too much of your own narrative that involves felonious activities. I think this government has massive abilities to garner information about its own citizens, even to the point of their own activities violating the Constitution. But, might makes right and I would advise many of u to b a bit more discrete when so vividly telling about yr experiences. Remember, I am a respected, old fart who is simply working with my doctor to manage some very compromised physical systems, and, unfortunately, for many of you, you are easier targets to pick off that those in my age group. I did over 10 yrs of volunteer work at a Federal Penitentiary when I was younger. Prisons are not nice places; and the power hierarchy is maintained not so much by walls and bars and razor wire as by inmate violence and brutal sexual assault. Everyone knows this but maintains a collective dissociation to the reality of 'doing serious time.' So good luck my young friends and I sincerely hope that none of u gets busted or overdoses or suffers from some of the very real and painful results of yr pleasure-seeking. I have lost too many friends over more than six decades walking upon this Earth. I am truly sorry that many of our generation's original hopes and dreams turned into greed and a nasty consumerism and aggression that has been responsible for so much suffering.

2. Gravity

Gravity #winning

3. MagdaOpana

MagdaOpana Member

Yes, Opana is WAY better than Oxycodone.
    The Nasal bioavailability is 40%, and its about 10x stronger by weight so, 10mg = 100mg oxycodone but 40% BA, so 10mg Opana snorted is about equal to 40mg Oxycodone, its not a prodrug though (look it up) so its a post hepatic metabolite. So, it will hit you much harder and nicer.
    A lot of Opana users say its the best high of any opiates (including myself)
    Have fun! btw how much is the 40mg costing you? Around here theyre $80-$100 a pop.

4. oxy420lover

oxy420lover Member

Yesterday my Doc got sick of the Oxy BS and transfered me to Opana 40mg twice a day!!! A Script of 60-40mg cost me 798 Dollars at Walgreens 500 Dollars more then the Generic OC That i was getting till last month...Can Anybody recomend A cheaper Pharmacy for the Opanas?

5. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

not really.....they are name brand, your gonna pay no matter where you go.....sorry man....i payed outta pocket once due to an insurance lapse, and that will never happen again.....

6. oxy420lover

oxy420lover Member

7. Ron530

Ron530 Guest

I cant get shit up here where Im at anyone else have good prices? msg me

8. ness33

ness33 Member

Nice photo oxy420 lover im jelous.

9. oxy420lover

oxy420lover Member

Yea Im Sorry MX But They Are All Scams!!! Your Not Getting Any Real Opiates Of A Website!!!

10. Gravity

Gravity #winning

you need to find a new hook-up if that is the case. such a rip @ either of those prices.

$1 a milli is the norm around here, but i gots agood hook-up dude.

11. wizardrp

wizardrp Guest

Hi Everybody,
    I'm new to this forum. I have been sitting here reading a lot of the posts on here today, just trying to figure out the best way to utilize my Opana and find out how to make it work the best. Like kcstarr I'm an old geezer compared to most of you guys. But as he says, be careful what you say because I can almost gurantee Big Brother is listening in on forums such as these. But I was on Oxycontin 40's for about 4 years with a 7.5/325 Percocet kicker for degenerative disk disease. Then about a year and a half ago when I got cancer I got bumped up to 90 of the 80 OC's with 120 of the 30mg Roxi's. But about 3 months ago the OC's went away and all you can get here in N.C are the new Oxyplastics, Which as everybody knows aren't worth a damn for pain, a buzz. or anything else I can think of. Yesterday my oncologist changed me over to 90 of the Opana 40's and left my 30mg Roxy break-thru's like they were, 120 a month. I needed to get some advice from the OG's out there on how to get the most bioavailability out of the Opana's. The old OC's I could just crush and eat and in about 30 minutes "BAM" buzz and Pain relief for about 6 good hours. But these new Opana's, I know they're more powerful than the Oxycontin, but I need to know how to squeeze all the goodness out of 'em. I haven't banged anything since the early 80's and don't want to start back now, and if there is another way I want to avoid snorting them cause the cancer I had was throat cancer. So I was just wanting to know how I can squeeze all the mileage I can get from them by mouth, cause around here when real OC was going for about $.80 cents a Mg the Opana's were running about $1.50 a Mg. So I know there's a way to get the goodies out of 'em I'm looking for any advice I can get from anybody that can help. Hell, here in North Carolina we cancer patients are still having to get our medical weed while hawking around for popo to roll up and bust us. But any advice will be appreciated.

12. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

wiz, the best way to get the most out of the opana orally are really limited....you can eat a fatty meal before you take them that ups the bio availability, and/or you can parachute them, but not sure how much that will help.....parachuting is when you crush the pill up and place it in a small amount of toilet paper and swallow it.....

Sorry to say that snorting is the best ROA, as for needling the ERs will gell up bad....the IRs wont tho....

Dunno about plugging(injecting them in ur butt) them, i havent heard or read of anyone plugging opana recently.....but that will up the bio availability just not sure of the gelling issue.......

13. wizardrp

wizardrp Guest

Took your advice and got a half a 40 percelating in my left sinus cavity right now. Gonna see how it works out.
    Thanks

14. wizardrp

wizardrp Guest

Hey Porkchop,
    What is the pourpos of the toiletpaper in parachuting? Why not just eat the powder straight from the crusher like an OC? Just curious.

15. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Wiz,
    No reason you can't do that. The use of toilet or tissue was more for people who didnt like the taste of the meds and the paper kept it together so it could get past your taste buds and make it down to your stomach. Like PC said and maybe a few others you've read, snorting has been proven to provide you the best BA for Opana. Some people like to take a pill, wet it down just a touch as to soften up the yellow shell/covering which will allow you to cut,greind,shave off the coating giving you just the meds. I used PCs advice and just crunched the entire pill or half pill in my case and snorted it that way and I havent had any gelling issues thus far.

16. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

it would be like taking a ER and turning it into an IR, i know that opana jells up instantaneously so u prolly want to get it all in your gut at once, it really doesnt take alot of paper.....i have only done it once or twice as snorting wasnt an option due to where i was....im just relaying info to ya, i dunno if u will lose it as it goes down ur path to the stomach or what......sorry i cant give you a 100 percent reasoning.....if u choose to snort again.....blow small thin lines and spread them out over like 3-5 minutes, it will help not to get a ton of it in there and then end up swallowing some down the back of your throat.....IM GONNA JOIN YOU, lol only 10mg here, thursday i get my 20s, but its still does the trick every now and then!!!!!! GOOD LUCK, HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU!!!

didnt know u were here to bottle, that thin line thing works too....u may wanna give it try also, i dont know if u were doing huge lines or what.........

17. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

sometimes the most simple answer is often the one you cant find, lol that sounds like a great reason for the TP the taste...i forget not everyone can chomp down on their meds like pez, lol!!!!!!!

18. wizardrp

wizardrp Guest

After I Snorted that half I said"what the hell" and tooted the other half, and it was suddenly lights out for 4 hours. Now to eat a 30 Roxy and Finish out the night's sleep. Anyways thanks, I Know to eat 1 with a fatty meal during the day and toot 1 up my nose at night. I understand from some other forums that the OC's have dried up, up your way also. Its a damn shame for a drug company to ruin a great med like that.But it looks like Opana is going to put Purdue out of buisness lol.

19. Darienguy

Darienguy Member

My monthly scripts are 240 30mg roxys and 120 40mg ER opana. The dr. Switched me from 90 80mg oxys monthly to 120 40mg opanas.

Opana is something either you love or it doesn't really do much. Worst case scenerio is that it will stop any jonsing and not buzz u out. On the other side- there are lots of people who think it is the best pharmy opiate avaliable.

To me they don't do much- prefer oxycontin by far. Opana is also very potent regardless of the buzz (or lack of buzz) - so beware

20. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

was doing some reading on our friend OPANA...............

The low bioavailability of oxymorphone after oral administration requires Opana extended-release to contain up to 40 mg of oxymorphone per tablet—almost as much as an entire case of Numorphan ampoules; attempts to circumvent the extended-release mechanism by injecting or snorting the tablets are therefore particularly dangerous. However, chewing the tablets and/or taking with alcohol for the 70 per cent bioavailability boost from the latter appear to be the only means successful Opana ER misuse aside from insufflation -- the TIMERx system appears to be making the extended release tablets useless for preparing for injection. Indeed, it appears that the tablet was designed first and oxymorphone chosen as the active ingredient because all the others available in the USA for oral use (fentanyl is rapidly destroyed almost completely in the digestive tract, leaving only injection, transdermal, transmucosal, sublingual, and buccal routes as options) with the possible exception of levorphanol or doses of hydromorphone in the 50 to 200 mg range as useful for making a TIMERx-based analgesic preparation. In many brands, including the patented name brand Opana, the TIMERx mechanism can be circumvented by adding a significant amount of warm water (up to 6 CCs per pill) and leaving the resultant gel in the refrigerator overnight. It is important not to "cook" the pills or use boiling water as it will only make the crushed pills gel up even more. However, this can be very detrimental, as the time coating is not destroyed, only much less viscous, and may be remain in the bloodstream for life when injected intravenously (Verified from experience, need a credible source).