Online Challenges

Discussion in 'The Media' started by NookaTheNook, Aug 6, 2022.

1. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

these challenges are getting out of hand. Things like the ice bucket challenge were ok, just a bit of fun, but now it’s getting dangerous, cutting off their air supply until they pass out, or kicking someone’s legs away so they fall on their head, while they stream this,it’s ridiculous, we must all speak to the young people around us about this in a serious way.
    This story has been breaking my heart, but apparently kids are turning up at hospital with all sorts of injuries.
    God bless Archie’s family.
    Archie Battersbee's life support was due to be withdrawn at 10am after all legal options exhausted

~Zen~, Candy Gal and Captain Scarlet like this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I have been following this also.
    Heartbreaking.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I'd like to put some perspective on this, which unfortunately I will promptly negate to some degree.
    There are thousands, millions, perhaps even a billion of these kids. Compared to such numbers, only a handful of kids try these things which are potentially extremely harmful if not fatal. Not to take away the seriousness of what is being attempted (it's very fucking serious), but this type of thing is not as common as we are being led to believe.
    Here's the negation: These recorded episodes of toxic, misled bravado are basically commercials for more of this. Free speech yeah, but this kind of display is more detrimental to society than beneficial, and must be suppressed.

~Zen~ likes this.