One thing you would change in past history?

Discussion in 'History' started by zeppelin kid, Apr 30, 2006.

1. nolifer

nolifer Member

both the nazis and the communists should have destroyed each other in WW2
    then the world would be a lot better place

2. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

There was a young fellow named Lorne,
    Who wished that he'd never been born.
    He wouldn't have been
    If his parents had known
    That the tip of the condom was torn.

3. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

This is an ugly and hateful thing to post on a forum such as this. Locke was a philosopher, and not one of the worst at that. Why are you bothering us with this type of sentiment? I'm reporting a bad post.

4. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

He's considered by many ( not all ) as the father of Liberal Democracy.

Liberal Democracy is the most idiotic form of government ever imagined.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

one thing i would certainly chainge is the roll of 'mainstream' 'historians' of inventing the past to suit the idiological whims of politically dominant forces.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

You agree with Vladimir Ulyanov (Lenin), Josef Dzughashvili (Stalin), Adolph Hitler, Mao Tse Tung, Robert Mugabe, Muhammad, Ayatollah Khomeini, Pol Pot, Osama Bin Laden and Ho Chi Minh. You are also posting on a free speech forum. What are you doing here?

7. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Don't forget Tito, Mussolini, Albert-Rene, Castro and Putin, to name a few more.

http://www.sustainabilityinstitute.org/dhm_archive/index.php?display_article=vn210singaporeed

Check that out, I don't think the guy who runs that country like Locke all that much either.

8. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I would change people's view on the original channel tunnel. THis would have led to a unity of France and the UK. So we wouldn't need a passport to cross a small estuary.

9. cogliostro

cogliostro Sir Psycho Sexy

Ward off the extinction of dinosaurs?

10. CSP101

CSP101 Member

Put a tracking device on every piece of gold ever harvested

11. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

what?

12. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

I haven't a clue who Albert-Rene is, but I enjoyed your Singapore article. I suspect Singaporans (if that is the right word) are ethnically homogeneous and have a solid work ethic. Furthermore Lee is going in the right direction on the family planning and tobacco issues.

What will happen if Singapore has a substantial economic crisis remains to be seen.

As for our lists of bad guys, anyone can make them longer. But how can we make them shorter?

13. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

go back in my time machine rended sterile the father of hitler.

14. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Who? Neither Joseph Goebbels nor Ernst Roehm had Hitler's unique talent for evil. If Hitler had been killed in World War I the Second World War would not have happened. Japan would still have invaded China, but with no war in Europe it would have been easier for the United States and Great Britain to force the Japanese out.

15. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

manbearpig.

16. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse Member

I would join Tecumseh's confederacy, and be his personal advisor from the future.

17. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

Nope. Not a thing. Thanks, but the G.O.D. is smarter than you and the G.O.D. is smarter than me.

18. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

That's a complex question. William Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" might help you with it. "Mein Kampf" should be read also.
    Hitler had a virility problem. He was suspected of murder, or conspiracy to murder, in the deaths of two mistresses: Geli Raubal and Renate Mueller. Something was wrong below the belt.

In "Mein Kampf" he goes on and on about the virile, honorable, right living soldier. He confuses, sometimes in the same sentence, the Jewish Threat, the Communist Threat, and the International Capitalist Conspiracy, all of which he says are keeping the poor German worker down.

He was also an extremely effective public speaker, perhaps the most successful public speaker in the twentieth century.

However, Hitler and his subordinates have to be looked at as evil. They conspired to destroy civilization, and millions of Allied soldiers and civilians had to die in order to stop them.

19. cecily

cecily Member

keep gavrilo princip from getting tuberculosis! so much bad stuff...

20. Padme

Padme Member

That's an idea that is very big in philosophy, especially the idea of going back in time and killing Hilter as a baby. Are people born evil or do certain experiences at certain times cause evil ideas to arise. There has also been the dicussion of how Hitler's mom was to blame because she bore him. But how can anyone possibly know that there child is going to be evil?

Eric! likes this.