one soldier for one president

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

Does anyone think that this whole thing makes one or 2 soldiers in particular look bad, but bush look internationally good, like he of course doesnt look good cuz look what his soldiers did, but it's a convenient way for him to gain iraqi friendship, by saying "oh yes, horrible horrible thing this is, and I'm with you all the way we'll punish the criminals, ol pal:)"
    I don't know perhaps it's extremely rude of my to look at it like that but this is a free speech site.So I was just thinking the president isnt that nice, he was very chummy, something didnt seem right. I'm prolly paranoid but w/e any one else sorta think this, even for a second?
    I'm sure the government wouldn't think twice about spending one person's integrity to save their own....(for any situation)

I'll probably look at this tomorow and go 'what was I thinking" but w/e I'm saying it now.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It doesn't make anyone look good. It makes the entire country - including the president - look bad. And it should. We invaded Iraq using the excuse that it was to "liberate" the Iraqi people from the torture they underwent during Saddam's reign. Now, we are doing the same exact thing ourselves.

I mean, of course the president is going to act like he's bothered by these incidents (though I doubt he could give a shit less). What do you think he would do, laugh about it and say "they deserved it"?

Bush isn't trying to make himself look good, he's trying to save his ass.

3. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

hi rat. i agree it makes everyone look horrible. but our excuse for invading iraq initially didn't have a damn thing to do with "liberating" anyone. we were supposedly warding off an "iminent threat" from alledged "weapons of mass destruction" that of course no one found, because they weren't and aren't there. didn't the interest in "liberation" come along with bush playing dress-up and declaring "mission accomplished", the staged toppling of the statue and all the rest of the photo-ops?

i've been disillusioned for years, and i'm already disappointed and disgusted over the war. but this latest development is really, really scary.

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i think the way he handles all his mishaps just makes him look more foolish or malicious(depending on your perspective). like with these torture pictures, the first soldier they go after is the woman holding the iraqi by a leash. thats stupid that he singles out the woman. he's probably trying to soften the blow for when the pictures of sodiers raping iraqi women come out, and you know they will, hell the soldiers stationed twenty miles awy from where im at rape the highschool girls here, of course during a war they are going to. i hate this world.

5. Darius

Darius Member

No it wasnt even about sadam to begin with. It started with bin laden. Remember that fucking sales gimmick?

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Nobody looks good in the whole situation, although I really don't think he gives a shit about Iraqis being tortured. I don't he gives a shit about Iraqis... he doesn't care about liberating them, he only wants to kill Saddam.

7. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

did you guys watch SNL last night?! the first skit was rumsfeld and bush doing the ending of friends, then bush was like "did he get off the plane?"

'I got off the plane'

lol oh man it was funny. anyways yeah, I know it makes america look bad, but really, I think for me, part of the bottom line is this:

How can you expect something as fukt as this to not happen? that chick that was in all the photos is OBVIOUSLY messed up, thanx to the government
    if you can convince someone it's their duty to shoot someone else in the name of the government, convince them that they are allowed to kill other people, they are obviously not sane anymore. I am sure as hell not giving anyone an excuse for this, but I expected something like this to happen.

8. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

What really burns my ass is that the antiwar people basically predicted that this kind of shit was going to happen before the war even started. The US military has a LONG record of war crimes and POW abuse. Many of us also stated that the WMD stories were bullshit, that thousands of Iraqis would die, that US troops would NOT be greeted as "liberators", and that we would end up in a Vietnam-style quagmire.

Does anyone in the mainstream press want to look back and see how our concerns and predictions were ignored or condemned as "anti-American", but all came true pretty much as predicted?

9. SunFree

SunFree Member

Nope.

But atleast we tried our best.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I know, the story kept changing. But the last excuse Bush used was that our invasion was to "liberate the Iraqis." Why else would I have mentioned that if it didn't apply to, and contradict, the actions the US has taken in handling these prisoners.

From the beginning it's been lie after lie.