One Simple Thing to Boost Your Plant's Growth!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by ~Zen~, Jul 31, 2022.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

One Simple Thing to Boost Your Plant's Growth!

Ever wondered why others produce the best biggest buds? And yours aren't?

You've read all the Cervantes Grow Books, and spend time researching on the Internet yet your plants seem scraggly. You've tried pH, osmosis water, super-duper expensive fertilizers and special soil mixes.

The one thing that made my plants pop was the soil.

To have healthy soil you have to have living soil.

Have you got any earthworms working in your compost pile? That's one way to get a proper living soil mix going.

Using home made compost with worm castings will boost your plants and you'll be smiling at the wonderful buds you get at harvest..

Mychorrhiza is a type of fungus that forms a symbiotic relationship with plant roots, and is another much needed nutrient factor. You will get it by using your compost mix, or the tea made from it.
    mycorrhiza.jpg
    So what does this fungus do for your plants is my question.

I read that Mychorrhiza fungi form large networks of thread like structures that intertwine with the plant roots.

The fungus breaks down the soil into absorbable material for the roots which they uptake with the water. The symbiotic part is that the plant feeds carbohydrates (sugars) back to the fungus in exchange.

This interaction leads to more flowers and a superior result.
    1200x750.jpg
    You can also buy Mychorrizal fungus as a plant soil additive but I haven't tried that.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I'm kind of bugged by how nearly all organic fertilizers seem to include a new busload of myco & microbial colonists, my dirt has plenty already and they're localized to my desert climate.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

Now that's an interesting point.

When making your own organic tea, one would sensibly use local ingredients to get those local microbits in the brew...and I see now how that is better.

Mass produced stuff is batch made and shipped everywhere, often stored for long periods... it ain't natural I say!

4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

It's only going to compete with the local varieties for available nutrients unless you're starting from scorched earth or something like it

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

Well if I was starting from scratch here in the desert, I'd get some of these products and start creating some decent soil that is alive... as sand locally is not the best grow medium :)

6. bob_the_cob

bob_the_cob Newbie

I believe that the growth of plants depends on many factors, and none of those can be excluded. In my experience, you first need to ensure that the seeds are of good quality. Then you need to take care of the quality of soil, fertilizer, light, and other factors

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2023
  7. ~Zen~

Thanks for reminding us of the basics. We are all experienced growers here...

If you want to SPAM our site with links to commercial seed companies you need to pay to become an advertiser.