One of the most amazing things I've ever come across

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by StayLoose1011, Apr 11, 2007.

1. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

2. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

I can't say the story really grabbed me that much to be honest.

There's a lot of very questionable stuff in there, like the idea that the Indians developed LSD independently of Albert Hoffman, but the "recipe" was "lost".

Maybe it did happen, but even then it's not that amazing a story. One friend of mine often does 600-1000 mics of acid when he goes to parties, and he handles it in such a way that I often forget he's tripping altogether. It's all in your head after all, and these mystical Indian types do tend to have high levels of self control.

3. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

i dont know that he nessesarily meant yogis of old used lsd specifically. theres potentially a language barrior in place. i tend to think he meant that psychedelics were used, but not specifically lsd.

4. StayLoose1011

I agree with the previous poster. They probably discovered a very similar compound, such as psilocybin or something we have yet to ever discover (and I suppose these is the ever so slightest possibility they discovered a natural source of LSD, although highly unlikely). Obviously they didn't develop LSD synthesis a thousand years ago, because it requires extreme knowledge of organic chemistry as well as lots of equipment that wasn't invented yet.

Yes it is possible to develop self control to deal with acid or alcohol or anything else. But 600-1000 mics for an experienced tripper is very different from 900 or 1200 mics for a first time tripper who is 80 years old. I mean, one would think that the extreme time dilation alone would be enough to at least alter his speech patterns or something. I stick ot my guns that the Maharaji deserves mad props for this feat :) That's not to mention that he read Alpert's mind on multiple occasions, but that's neither here nor there

5. BeaverKoffi

BeaverKoffi Member

Those guys are real lsd-brains, but i think they are wrong in that way that they see it and all creation in religious way more than natural and still unknown to man, interesting,beautiful life....all that matters, is that u find peace and enjoy life. My first time on shrooms i did 10 grams and always do no less than 10, only with such force u can reach unknown boundaries.

6. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Owsley him self thinks that lsd consists in its natural form in some kind of undiscovered plant ,alot of tribal cultures know of and use natural things that science has yet to discover and they protect them with there own lives.
    They did similar tests on buddhist monks back in the day with the same results. ITs because these types of people are so fixated on everything that everything (god) has to offer that there thoughts stayed center instead of going haywire. THey also learn how to suppress adapted filters that block out alot of whats really there.

7. StayLoose1011

To me there is no boundary between religion and nature. Nature is God, and God is nature. As for the 10 grams thing, I don't at all doubt the power of your experience and I'm sure that such a trip can be extremely enlightening, but I think it's quite incorrect to say that "only with [10 grams] can you reach such boundaries." I will admit that I've never done that much, so you can always just say that I can't know because I've never experienced it, but I have had life-changing spiritual experiences with far less shrooms/acid than 10 grams, and many many more have too. In fact, a lot of the most experienced trippers I've talked to insist that 2-3 tabs/an eighth of boomers is the best dose to get the most out of it. To each his own though.