One juice? Several? Which one(s)?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duncan, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Do you keep juice in the refrigerator? If so, do you keep one or more than one? Which one(s) do you keep? Why have you chosen those?
    In hospital we have orange, apple, cranberry and prune. At home I keep grapefruit (no one else will touch it!) and tomato. Tomato is used a lot with cooking.
    When the lemon tree pushes out fruit that is full-bodied I like to make lemonade... without all the sugar.

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

At the moment I have some 100% fruit juice with no added sugar drink boxes for my kids. But that's about it. I get OJ from time to time, but I'm not really a juice drinker. Heck, my kids don't even drink juice all that often either, so when I get it for them, it lasts quite some time. My husband isn't a juice drinker either, only on rare occasions. We drink a lot of water, the kids drink a lot of water and milk.

I get tomato juice as needed, depending on what I'm cooking, and with the leftovers, I like to make Bloody Marys. :p

3. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

We also had grape juice in the hospital frig when I worked in AZ, But I don't really like grape juice.

4. hippychickmommy

I used to drink grapefruit juice quite a bit years back, I liked it. But most juices are just too sweet for me and I end up feeling queasy after I drink them.

5. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

Mary's of the world, beware
    I splurged one time and bought myself a juicer. Nothing tastes better than fresh juice. This thing will juice almost anything, you'd be surprised what kind of yummy juices you can make

6. BuffFilmBuff

BuffFilmBuff Member

I've always got orange juice and cranberry juice in my refrigerator. Sometimes I'll pick up something extra at the store if I've got a little extra cash.

7. hippychickmommy

I must say that I agree. While I'm not a fan of the juice bought at the grocery store, I too have a juicer and have made some really good and mildly sweet juices. My MIL made some awesome carrot/cucumber/apple juice at a cook-out we had last summer. Man, was it ever good. Hit the spot.

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

right now, we got three 1/2 gallon things of OJ, some 100% grape juice. i usually drink a good amount of cranberry juice.

i don't have a juicer, but i do put fruit in a blender and do it that way