Once you are married

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

This is something that I see and hear from the longer marriges. A husband and wife are not suppose to take seperate trips and do things that don't involve the partner. (You know like guy things or lady things that mean the husband or wife can't be a part.) Take my ma for example, she has never been on a vacation without my dad since they were married. (The same with my dad.) There is no, "Honey, I'm going to play golf with the guys" or "Dear, I'm going to go play cards with the the girls." In fact, they spend nearly all there spare time together. Do you think that's a healthy relationship.

Your thoughts

2. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Last year I would have said no. But I now know that it can be possible to be with someone 24/7 and never get tired of being together. It is healthy so long as each partner is not doing it out of obligation. If both are happiest when they are together, and they both don't like being without the other one at all, then it is wonderful if you can do it.

3. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

my parents hardly ever go on vacation together.....they just recently started taking vacation together now that my sister and i are no longer living with them...but when i was younger, my dad would never come on vacation with us.....

4. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

5. scarlettchasingroses

well......sometimes...my dad has a job where he is gone for the first couple of days at the beginning of the week....so i've always spent more time with my mom.....

6. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I think it depends on the couple... my parents do a lot of things seperately, for example. My dad plays in two bands, my mom does the guiding thing...but as for something like vacation? They wouldn't do that without eachother.

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Hey, if it works for them, great. Some of us need a little time without each other. You, know "how can I miss you if you won't go away?" :D:D
    But I wouldn't take a "vacation" without my hubby. Like days at a time or anything far away.

8. scarlettchasingroses

i agree......

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I'm married, I dont know how I do it. I just do it

10. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

in my honest opinion..being a married gal :)

i think that is it good and bad in some ways... for example... if the couple does TOO many seperate things and have too many seperate hobbies/friends, etc... - it can be like- "why dont you just try to include me so we can all have fun together?- like if one person is more lonely then the other or what not....

however, seperate equals good at times. it's all about balance.

it also shows trust and true love... to allow the person you are with to be THEM. marriages without that usually dont last too long unless they change.

sometimes if dan is gonna play basketball with his friends and i feel extra lonely, i might ask to go along. at other times.... we're happy to be able to do things alone (with other people)- and we both respect that.

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It depends on the people

12. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

well, yeah.. if i think they are hot chicks that want him...

hahah.. dream of going. if you wanna lie- fine.

(but he doesnt lie but i do put my foot down at times)