once again....they got me...

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by FREE, Jun 1, 2004.

1. FREE

FREE Member

i have the misfortune of bein in the united states navy and have two months and three weeks left in this organized slavery,im what they call a "short timer",and today was the day of all my days here,after it being memorial day and all,it was`nt a good one.i went to work today and the gate gaurd wouldnt let me on the base because my car needs a state inspection done,ya know,make sure my lights and my horn and all that bullshit work.so i gets turned around and then i get out a walk onto the base and get to work and everythings fine...until my boss comes and says to me "MARTY,YOUR GOING ON CRUISE FOR THE SHORT TIME YOU HAVE LEFT,ITS BACK TO THE GULF"all this time ive been told that i wasnt gonna go with the command being that im gettin out soon so i guess their planning on me goin all the way to the gulf and then their gonna fly me home in aug.the navy aint no good at all man....those mother fuckers.
    i hate the military now and now i understand how "curiosity killed the cat man
    hehehehe
    why did i ever become curious
    DAMN ME!!!
    hehehe

2. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well good luck, man. Hope you make it home safely!

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I'm sure it's especially rough for you Man. I know how you feel though. Though sure, I'm a civvy, but still I'm a cook, and I work excruciatingly long dirty hours in very hot tight quarters. I quit sometimes just to get a break and then the money runs out and I start stressing all over again, and like, it's like knowing that you have a date in hell, and no way to beat it. I feel you Bro. Hang in there. It's only for another period of time. Then it's over again.

4. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Stay strong bro. You only have a couple months left, it shouldn't be too tough, but I know that when you are waiting for something time moves slower the closer you get to your goal, that last month is going to seem like a year. But anyways, if you are on a ship you should be fairly safe.

I was considering joining the Navy a couple years ago, I was taking all the tests and stuff at the recruitment office, then the day before I was to sign on the dotted line I learned that we were going to war with Iraq. I never returned to the office, I called and told them I couldn't join for moral reasons. The thing is, I really did want to join the military and still do, I wanted to learn controll and self discipline. I would have been a computer technician and the training would help me get a good job when I got out, but from the moment I heard about the plans for a war in Iraq I knew that it was an immoral war. I knew the government was lying to us and I knew that if I joined the Navy my skills would be used to kill people, soldiers and civilians, in a war that didn't need to happen.

Good luck, stay safe and don't forget to write your mom:)

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I'm joining the air force around the time you should be leaving (late aug/september), so if you stay later than planned maybe we'll see each other.

6. FREE

FREE Member

man if you ask me,i dont think joining the military is a good move,i joined because i wanted to know what the deal was on both sides man,i was a hippster way before i was a sailor, and now that i know man,im totally behind the troops,but i do disagree with that asshole bush man,theres something really wrong with this countrys leadership man.
    yeah joining the navy did bestow disipline and all that good jive on me man,but it was a shitty road to walk hehehe,if you can help it man,dont join...and thats all i got to say bout that other then im goin to work today to fight these fuckers about goin back when i should be gettin out
    hehehe

7. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

FREE, stay safe and come back home healthy, please. And thank you for your service and just know that most of us in here who hate this war, don't hate the troops. Most know that you all have to do what you're told, even if you don't like it......so thanks for your service in the military during this horrible time in our history. But please come home in one piece....