on the road with the HIGHWAY CHILD TRIBE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by blinkin, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Jack Maundrell

Jack Maundrell C.A.P

thanx for the page but a bumber, I thought it was a little further down the road. Ohh well maybe next year. Have fun.

2. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

hey all greetings from the gathering...er steamboat after the gathering,
    we met up with the film crew, left a few messages on ethans phone, as well a note at info....no ethan....

happens alot with folk we meet online,

so were all fully recharged , it was nice to be home, But Im happy as a motha to be back on the road,

oh hillbilly raven said hello,
    A camp is messed up, we camped in bus village the first night but left the next morning, we went over to see what all the fuss was a bout a camp....ok O ican see why folk bitch about it, we pulled out two cats who just got there asses intro duced to them.....not a ver enjoyable first night, but once we went further in ...man now that was beautifull, though seemed after the fourth it started to deminish more and more.....

bus is full again, linz and the kids are headed home soon, but we picked up a few more cats jordan is full tribe as well as breedlove and elliot, the original elliot Im thinking of calling E2....or something, also a new cat josh, hes the only vegan so it changes the food budget a bit but we were all in concensus about bringing him in.

ethan,
    Ill keep trying to get a hold of you were in steamboat tonight and probally wont be very far for the next few days so hopefully we can meet up if its just a case of not seeing eachother...

peace
    drew

3. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

yeah sister when we do finally head east Ill write you,
    were pretty full now and on the other side of the country....

keep in touch
    peace
    drew

4. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

damnn~~~
    i didn't bring by phone =(

i was lookin for you guys the first 2 days i was there,,
    sorry we couldn't meet up, i wanted to so much,, for the film, and to just travel with the hwc,, but, i guess it wasn't meant to be~~
    i hitched from front gates to denver, so i just blew right past steamboat springs,, which, if i wouldn't have, i probably wouldda seen you guys there...
    when i first got into steamboat, i waited around for hours until i got picked up and took into the gathering,,,
    it wouldda been sweet to join with you guys, but,, maybe next year on the highway child 7?? (maybe'll it'll still be 6, with you guys nonstopping it, who knows =P),
    love you guys~~ represent good and true with that film **
    see ya around

(really sorry drew and jay for not getting to meet ya, muchless travel with ya, just simply meeting you guys,,, we had a good last few months on the threads here,,, but , maybe someday?)

5. pfunk910

pfunk910 Member

Yo blinkin.. I remember you saying you'd be passing through Northern Ohio. If that's still in the plans I'd love to meet up and show you some nice parks and beaches around here. I can't travel this summer but I hope I can spread a little love on your travels. Let me know if it's in the cards.
    Peace.

-Mike

6. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

well folks were in grand junction co
    hooked up with an anarchist collective thats pretty invloved with progressive movement in there community,
    we just rolled in but the vibe here is pretty sweet, the plan is to chill for a week the americans are going to work and the canadians sell jewlerry and finnally finish the conversion....

man ethan that is to bad but the universe has a path for us all and alot of times we dont really have choice over it it just happens the way its supposed to.....

the bus is packed!!!

funny we left with only a few cats and half a can of penut butter, we have two blankets of hemp, a shit load of food....shit load equalls a crap bucket by the way which equalls a lot of motha fukcin eatebles.....

yeah we did plan on northern ohio erlier in the trip but then we headed south in PA....

much love all

man its wierd bieng on camera all the time.....but I think im getting used to it.

drew

7. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

k a little bit more beer a bit more conversation....man these kids are passionate about there points...

im not a violent bieng they are, but I am a passionate person........

I wonder how shit will unfold, I know daryle is having trouble, hes just out of the conservative world.....hmmmm
    peace

8. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

hahah I love internet access....
    I guess I should describe the tribe or at least let you know whos on now

me bus captain , pirate road dog, way to much educatiuon for my brain, paranoid about thieves and bad people poet artist , traveler , activist ego maniac..........im sure my wife can tell you about how shitty I am as well

elias zion...ever seen the movie the omen?
    my prodigy my son my love a terror to anything breakable, or smackable
    14 months going on 30 his first sentence was dead cat, never ever stops....

genesis the real highway child, 3 buses many miles many gatherings polite angelic my daughter my love and my smile

lindsay my wife my love and my hate, tkes care of the kids
    great with hemp , very chillin bus mama always thinks about others points my grounding

sarah my sister always on the ball with the hemp open mind heart, mouth, soul
    thinks shes the resdident pervert....i beg to differ.....great personality funny hair

jay well, he plays a banjoi and walks slow:)

daryl new to leftest thinking andf concept 40 yrs old, open minded good with kids, a child at heart helps out with everything

elliot philisophical spiritual, deep thinker talker always has his head in a book

elliot2 or ET- film crew quiet always witha camera

josh -vegan-dancing guy at super markets.......man does that erk me

jordan- bus tribe lots of energy ...except when hes coming down from a lsd trip, past experience on buses

chris breedlove-film crew good guy cool hair always with a camera and a smile

steve - cave man herbalist naturalist primitive survivalist

9. gandhiwars

gandhiwars Member

Well this is Breedlove- Film maker on the Highwaychild...
    Just deciding to make a comment or two while we've got internet at the collective.
    The tribe I feel is very solid and very cool. Everyone is different, and it is wonderful. Right now Josh is cooking up some amazing (vegan) food, that I can't wait to eat. Elliot (the first) was offered a job teaching here at the free school, and is deciding whether or not he wants to stay...I hope he figures out what is best for him. NOt sure where the other cats are, but we are all doing well.

10. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

damn that sounds good,,

imagine when it's all over and seeing yourself on there =P seeing the entire tribe =P all your travels~~ damnnn,, i'm wishing i was on there =(
    i can't imagine your trip~ im gunna have to get a copy =P

i was just in the kitchen snaggin a handful of m&ms, and i thought about how on the intro to the highway child, you guys GOTTA have a soundtrack of jay pluckin his banjo in the backround of whatever is going on - however you choose to set up the video intro and stuff,,
    damnnn~~ i'm just WISHIN i was on =PPP helping out with the video production would be so much fun, muchless the trip~! damn damn damn~~

keep us updated~~!

11. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

oh my god I am full!!!!!!!!!
    last in line and theres still a shit load of food....

ok now Im just getting silly osting about my belly.......
    peace

12. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

ethan man...didnt you go to info? I put up a note for you?
    how the hell did you miss the bus I mean its huge!!!! big purple bus with highway child along the side getting smashed by a big ass comet.......thats just freakin bizarre

13. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i just didn't pass it by i guess~ i definitely had an eye out for it for damn sure, looked good and true, on journey's lookin for ya,, but definitely like you said~ it's a universe thing,,
    i didn't think to go to info =( i shouldda =( but thanks for the message of you guys playign the drums =)) that was so nice of you guys =)
    can't wait till the movies done with~ make sure i'm up there on the list to get a copy**

14. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

15. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

ok we have found the coolest edge ever
    FREE BEER if you film us drinking...
    we called a bar and pretty much said what we were doing, and they said to come there and drink free....then they closed we went to another bar....more FREE BEER!!!!!
    hmmmmmmmm... I wonder to what end this edge works...say free lube jobs? mechanical jobs....
    lets see shall we,
    highway child is leaving grand junction today heading toward flagstaff then the grand canyon then vegas......
    PEACE!!!!@!!!!!!!

16. Jack Maundrell

Jack Maundrell C.A.P

thats awesome, in the words of acdc, have a drink on me

17. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

k were in moab utah, deep in canyons and desert, man hemp sales are good, bus is runing good....well we need a few repairs maintanance pretty much we'll do in flagstaff

peace

18. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

oh yeah josh left the bus to hitch to chiapas to live with mians, but he ghave us a really nice letter and good gugs when he left

we had a little scuttle between daryl and eliot, elliot smuggled on some pot and was cought, he's been given a stearn warning next mess up and he's gone group vote
    peace

19. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

so were in flagstaff arizona,
    we thought about working in grand junction but flagstaff is a lot better of a town

20. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I want to join you all! your adventures have to be amazing. sending you some protective energies!