on the road with the HIGHWAY CHILD TRIBE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by blinkin, Jun 8, 2006.

1. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

im not sure the laws in eroupe about age and travel, Ill look into it though

a lot of things have to happen so that we can ship the bus,
    a lot of financial problems have hit us getting this show on the road, its still a possibility but we'll see by september ...

sage
    where are you cat?

the barton springs are incredable,. theres a huge gated off pool that is fed by this massive spring, folk have to pay fro that part, but on the other side of the fance is a great hip spot, good folk swimming playing with there dogs, waters cold, but thats exactly what we want in this austin heat....

I suppose the rock shelf is called or named philosophers rock cause a few old cats used to chill there about a hundred years or so.....

we met a cave man,
    this dude steve lives in a cave grows all sorts of funky smokables, all legal but crazy trippy stuff,

were voting on taking him along later this after noon.....
    still getting a vibe, all of us like him but daryle is a bit hesitant, we'll see what happens there.

much love folk
    on the road tommorrow heading for the gathering.

sage man, I dont know whats happening with ya man, were here waiting for you, but we have to leave tommorrow, I hope your all right, and I hope you meet up with us today,

were just chillin on guatalupe st playing music , we have about 5 drums on board a digiridoo and a banjo.....and givin that were sitting on the grass by a big ass purple bus with HIGHWAYCHILD on the side, its pretty haRD TOI MISS US.....

much love

peace

2. sage

sage Member

Hey man i'm here in Austin don't leave untill tonight please.

3. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

were waiting on you man, were up on guatalupe street, a bunch of us playing music and all......

tonight were goping to the same place as last night read the directions on the last page...
    see you soon man

4. Jack Maundrell

Jack Maundrell C.A.P

I envy you guys, I think this is awesome what your doing. How are you posting thoe, are you on a laptop or something. I also love driving through the country because I lived in Tennessee for a while and drove back to Mich. a couple of times which is where I live now. And I even had the perfect chance to goto the gathering in ocala but something unexpectedly came up, which was a real bumber. But anyway best wishes to you on your trip and let me know if your going to swing by detroit. there's a nice coffee shop I'll buy you guys a cup

Later,
    Dave

5. sage

sage Member

girlfriend is tripping

6. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

sorry to hear that dude, its ok love makes men do all sorta things....

we had some mechanical problems two days ago, stupid ignition switch malfunctioned somewhere in the tumbler, caused a burnt up wore, after some soldering and some macgiver like tricks we got the thing rolling...alas the fucking alternator messed up.
    so I tried to rebuild it myself, did pretty good but half way threw it said fuck it and paid out 160 to get a new one,,,,
    then...I go do a walk around inspection, and I got a crack up my window...
    buddy at the glass shop quoted me a price but said that I was in no danger of further splintering, ZIll fix it after the gathering...which
    the highway child...hahahha some of the cats abreviated it to T H C
    so THC is leaving at 4:20 from guatalupe to the gathering....were taking about 10 or 12 more cats to the colorado, ....full bus man we did some reorgansing I think we'll stiull be comfortable, I buitl it so we could hold a crap load of cats, and sleep most of them, it;ll just be packed,
    the tribe is used to my bambinos waking them up at the crack of dawn but it will beinteresting seeingothers reactions to my 1 yr old smacking them on the head pre dawn...

we also have two more permenant tribe members,
    randy and our cave man friend steve...
    randys 35 and steve is 30 ......
    im liking this tribe , alot more older cats with a lot more experience .....

oh well I post at libraries most of the time since its free, but in austin there ius a deli with free internet accross from where we usually park to sell our jewlery...my daughters next to me sippin lemonade and spinning on the stool.....

peace
    see yall at the gathering
    drew

7. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i'll be on within a week guys~!

all my love*

and drew, how many tents do we got onboard? come rainbow, are we all still gunna be crashing in the bus? i can bring a nice 8 person tent if you think it'd be good,, weighs about 30 lbs+, but ehhh-- just tell me where ta meet ya
    peace

8. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

Thats just awsome... I hope your haveing a great time... Peace...

9. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

you should make a run threw northern michigan i would be soooooo dowwwwn and the scene up here is magicalllllll we have beutiful festivals

10. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

yeah ethan bring the tent man,
    we have cats sleeping on the freakin roof right now, under the bus in the bus...
    last night in the desert it was raining so we had a huge ass cuddle puddle

man I drove truck threw michigan a lot., I can honestley say I have no desire to treck out there again anytime soon, but Ill throw it out to the tribe and see what happens...
    where are you speaking of, I mean I trecked from port huron thre flint and lansing well all the way to the rapids,
    I met no kind folks out that way

were in rosswell newmexico , the bus is filled to the brim taking brothers and sisters to the rainbow,

the treasurer suggested we split up yesterdays earnings so we all can grav some souvineres and shit, so there all out and about....
    I( needed to get some replies done , seems like some of the cats who got off the bus when lisa was on are wantin to meet up again...

peace

11. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Wow, I really have to applaud you guys for doing this. I thought you were going to end up like others who had good intentions but never got it together. Your success gives me a great deal of confidence that if I keep my desire to break out of my current situation that some day I too might find my self out there on the road, exploring the woods etc..

12. glitter star dust

glitter star dust Member

yeah, this is awesome what you all have done! seriously that's great. i bet you are all having such a blast. that's an experience of a lifetime right there

13. Jack Maundrell

Jack Maundrell C.A.P

Hey btw when is the gathering and where? I might see what I can do to go. Also it would be my first time, is there anything important to know about these gatherings like how or where to take a #1 or #2, or shower. stuff like that?

14. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

everything you need to know, how to get there and some advice, is at www.welcomehome.org , and also in the rainbow family of living light forum here on hipforums.

15. Becki

Becki Member

this is really cool.
    have a nice trip.

16. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

hehehheehhe,, bizzarre reading.. hheeehee

17. dancin days

dancin days Member

are you guys going to be in the chicago area anytime soon?

18. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

well were in sulphor springs coloroado, we'll be home (rainbow) in about 2-3 hours,

\man weve had a blast with the bus this full, but also some mechanical problems, nothing we couldnt fix, alternator went, then starter went...our bus no runs on hippy power since weve got to push start trhe thing to get er goin,,,we'll put a new starter in after gathering.

our hemp supply has grown so now we can split up in two groups and sell, instead of just one mat....

as for chicago, im not sure when we'll get up there but we may, Im lking the south west right now, but its a long highway and I rather like wisconsin, so who knows.

we got all our supplies in order in colorado springs, more tentsm, sleeping bags, food,
    we may do our own kitchen were stocked pretty well.

see ya'll at home
    drew

19. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

oh yeah turns out we have a nother forums girl on board, pixietreeleaf ....
    thought that was kinda cool, we didnt know about eachothers hip profile

20. BrooklynGal

BrooklynGal Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi Drew~

I just stumbled (happily) here on your site as I googled "communal living". I was amazed to find a moving community living situation....great idea! I am 38 yo. and I live in Brooklyn, New York. I've just taken a break from grad school (social work). I've been considering ways to get out there and live more simply. I would definitly love to jump on the bus with all of you and make a contribution. I'm a pretty easing going gal and I've been making wire jewelry for about 2 years now and could help out with what you got going on there. If you're going to be anywhere around the eastern coast this summer please let me know....even if its not closeby I could always meet up with you somewhere near the surrounding states.

Peace to all~ Gina