On a positive note...

Discussion in 'Front Page Stories' started by ZenKarma, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well here we are at the FOURTH WAVE... but I think that the Omicron vatiant may not be so bad... am hoping so anyway.

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

This is always difficut to Zen - not because Good things don't happen, BUT that it doesn't seem to be what people want: -
    Once upon A long ago:...
    My second job as a youthful 18 yr old (1978) - (Yes - it was that long ago!) was with the 'DAILY EXPRESS' Newspaper in Macheste (U.K.)
    I was told; by an experienced jounalist of note:-
    "Bad News sells" -
    "The stories that sells Newspapers and thereby what the people want to read, fall into 5 basic categories
    • Royalty: - People (all over of the World) have an interest - though not always in a positive light - for our Monarchy
    • Sport: - People like to see achievements and failures, from the underdog overcoming the odds to seeing Crest-fallen (ex) champions
    • Sex: - People have an intrigue of the intimacy (the more the unusual the more the intrigue)
    • Scandal: - Crime and corruption (especially from 'Celebrities', Politicians) always causes an active reaction)
    • Disaster: - Other people woes always see folk have either a sympathetic emotive response or warped sense of a gory interest
    - SO - If you can get a Royal sporting sexually scandalous disaster about it then - you're gonna find yourself a jackpot winner"

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

4. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I read about an old couple, the Rowlands, from a village in the UK called Inkberrow, called 'the UK's darkest village'. It seems that in 1978, they bought a little fir tree at a garden shop and the little tree was shorter than they were.
    Inkberrow has no street lights, but they planted that little tree in their front yard and decorated it for Christmas. They've done this every year since, and now the tree is 43 feet tall and lights a good portion of the tiny village.
    I think this is an inspiring story, and as such, good news indeed!

scratcho likes this.
  5. sandybrooke

sandybrooke Members

Tested POSITIVE for covld, how's that??

6. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Not sure that counts...maybe it's a FALSE POSITIVE? I. guess that would be good news.

7. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

I have learned that in some countries where there are restrictions, if you test positive to Covid-19, you will gain a dirt if immunity status which allows you to move around freely.

8. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

Sorry for the typos above, but I have big fingers and I'm using a smartphone. Bear with me :)